XIM Community

Best Xbox gaming headset??  (Read 576749 times)

Offline Retrospect

• View Profile
Re: Best Xbox gaming headset??
« Reply #15 on: 03:14 AM - 10/10/11 »
AD700's are best for pure gaming. 598's if you plan on using them for other things. Extensive reviews have been done in hifi forums. I also use AD700+DSS+spectrum combo; plugging directly into the DSS seems to provide a better overall quality however sound chat is extremely crucial if you play with a team so audio mixing is absolutely critical.

P.S. AD700's fit great, they are also extremely comfortable. People who complain generally have small heads. Fortunately I do not fall into that category. In fact in most reviews you will find that their comfort is usually touted with great reverence. That said they do fit 'looser' than your average headset. Like if I tilt my head all the way towards the floor they will slip forward-- @#$% you gravity!
« Last Edit: 03:25 AM - 10/10/11 by Retrospect »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03:25 AM - 10/10/11 »
And there we see again, Headsets are preference and matter of taste. I found the 700AD boring and no fun and prefer the HD598 and Retrospect would never trade in his. The spectrum generates really bad sound quality on my system, maybe on Slims it doesn’t. So there is no other way than try yourself and keep what you like. Seems Noobs and me we have the same Taste as we tried just everything and ended up with the DSS and the 598s.
Crusade atm: none

Offline SILENT TRIGGER

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
  • PSN ID: SlLENT_TRlGGER_X
« Reply #17 on: 03:45 AM - 10/10/11 »
Im surprised noone makes like a mixamp or dss type solution with an in line eq. Thats what I would buy.

you mean setup like this?
it's from Nyarlathotep
and Passkes also use this way to mix with the dss...

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #18 on: 04:34 AM - 10/10/11 »
Im surprised noone makes like a mixamp or dss type solution with an in line eq. Thats what I would buy.

you mean setup like this?
it's from Nyarlathotep
and Passkes also use this way to mix with the dss...

Yea but theyre both using an actual mixing console to do it... Mixamp and dss should have eqs on them... Right now im thinking about getting a cheap desktop mixing console for my setup like these guys. Wouldnt be that hard to put a two or three band eq on these devices from the getgo though.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04:37 AM - 10/10/11 »
The hard part is not to produce noise as there is a second grounding involved.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04:47 AM - 10/10/11 »
do it in recording studios all the time its really not that hard to get rid of noice when you troubleshoot properly.  :P but yea it does make things more complicated.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05:46 AM - 10/10/11 »
Yeah but they don't use crappy controllers with two way 2,5mm pin connectors. I gave up, but I will try again if someone steps up with a good mixing solution.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06:00 AM - 10/10/11 »
Yeah but they don't use crappy controllers with two way 2,5mm pin connectors. I gave up, but I will try again if someone steps up with a good mixing solution.

Lmfao yep your def right on that.

Oh man I got so far off topic sorry bout that. but yea the mixing console im looking at only runs 50$ us so it may be aviable solution and also it has an eq. The noise can prolly be helped with a ground lift of sorts.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06:36 AM - 10/10/11 »

Lmfao yep your def right on that.

Oh man I got so far off topic sorry bout that. but yea the mixing console im looking at only runs 50$ us so it may be aviable solution and also it has an eq. The noise can prolly be helped with a ground lift of sorts.

well if you could speak any german, we are discussing stuff like that on already 245 pages :P
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07:48 AM - 10/10/11 »
Speaking german would be sweet!

Offline Passkes

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10:02 AM - 10/10/11 »
Speaking german would be sweet!

not always j/k ;) :D
Great peeps at the German Discussion Forum ^_^

Ontopic:
As Noobs states I use a Mackie 802-VLZ3 in combination with the DSS and I really love it!

Headphones are really personal, as I really like my AKG Q701 which preamped has a good bass.
If you like more bass I also have the AKG 271 MKII and as a "console" headset I also own the Turtle Beach PX5 running completely wireless throught a bluetooth module.

The sound of the PX5 is also very good and I really like that the PX5 can be completely preset through a PC you can set the filters just like you want the sound to be. Filter out bass and amp the Hi`s whatever you want.

Xmarket.tk - The Unofficial XIM users market

XIM3 || 46" Samsung C7700 3D LED TV
SteelSeries Merc Stealth keyboard || Belkin N52te Nostromo keypad
Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Mouse || Razer Goliathus Control Limited Edition Mousemat
Turtle Beach PX5 Headset || Razer Onza TE Controller
Hauppauge 1256 HD PVR

Offline Mr Brzezinski

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mr Brzezinski
« Reply #26 on: 10:19 AM - 10/10/11 »
I also have DSS+ Hd 598 and i love them! I had same dillema about no voice mix... In xbox setting(preference->voice) I changed game volume to half and give voice to max.Now if someone talks,game volume reduces a little and i hear my team mates perfectly! It work great for me! Just try this !
N52te+G500+Turtle Beach DSS+HD 598+Xim3

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10:27 AM - 10/10/11 »
I use that settings too, I am simply not OK with reducing sound quality for mixing. Its "dobre" like this ehh Brzezinski?

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10:39 AM - 10/10/11 »
Thats why using an analog mixer would work great for audiophiles. Usually include ground lifts.... Eqs.... Preamps.... Aux sends and returns.... Though seeing as a good part of the xbl audio system is so cheap im conflicted. Cables are not sheilded well and crap jacks. It could be like trying to polosh a turd.

Offline Mr Brzezinski

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mr Brzezinski
« Reply #29 on: 10:53 AM - 10/10/11 »
Yeah its "dobre" Roads :D  You are not satisfied with this method Roads?
N52te+G500+Turtle Beach DSS+HD 598+Xim3

Admin