XIM Community

Where do people come up with this stuff?  (Read 5961 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Where do people come up with this stuff?
« Reply #45 on: 05:18 PM - 10/04/11 »
It's ok. Wait to you read the comments from the OXM review. Then we'll have a mission for you guys. LOL.

BV

did they change the releasedate of the article?
though it was already released, but must have been delayed
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #46 on: 05:22 PM - 10/04/11 »

We got back what is going to be published next month. I'll let BV handle this one.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Retrospect

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 05:24 PM - 10/04/11 »
This was the worst, most unprofessional, misleading, border line slanderous review I have ever seen. This guy should be embarrassed at this review and take the video down or release an update apologizing. This is a HORRIBLE review of the xim3 lol; what a completely ill researched review. The guy should probably have learned how to use the xim before reviewing it and did his homework, clearly he did not.

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05:55 PM - 10/04/11 »

We got back what is going to be published next month. I'll let BV handle this one.

So I'm guessing its not a glowing review?

Honestly, I don't understand how someone could not like what's going on here, if they are looking for a specific solution. This thing is geared toward a specific group of people: those who want to use a kb/m on the xbox. If you are predisposed against such a thing, why even bother to review it?

It's kind of like posting a review of Chinese food, or burger king, when you don't like either of them to begin with. A waste of time, and unnecessary. Not to mention biased. Unless, of course that's your point... It's an article designed specifically designed to trash it.

I have tried more than a few of just this type of device, and it is, without a doubt, the single best peripheral I've bought for a gaming system. It's done more for me than any video card, controller, mouse, headset, you name it.

If I sound a little over zealous, forgive me. I just can't tell you how good I feel firing this thing up & using it. It's contribution to my gaming experience is incalculable. My computer died, I can't use it. This eases the pain tremendously.

Uhhh... Sorry...

Um... I'll stop now...

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06:22 PM - 10/04/11 »
i still have a contact that will review it for toms hardware whenever obs decides XIM is "finished" and wants to send him one
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline Burnin_Vernon

• PC gamer turned XIM3 convert!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 06:38 PM - 10/04/11 »
The OXM review (we won't quote it or release the score until the issue is out) is very brief and some of the negative points to us are really odd and the tone of the review does not match the otherwise decent, but not great score. Of course, we think it should have gotten a 10 out of 10 and we think the community will also not agree with the review.

We'll have a more official response once the issue is out.

BV

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06:46 PM - 10/04/11 »
The OXM review (we won't quote it or release the score until the issue is out) is very brief and some of the negative points to us are really odd and the tone of the review does not match the otherwise decent, but not great score. Of course, we think it should have gotten a 10 out of 10 and we think the community will also not agree with the review.

BV

That's probably as expected... They're official, so they have to trash it to some degree because of the need to shill controllers for Microsoft, but at the same time, they can't outright lie and say it doesn't work and lose total credibility, when its proven to work, and work well.

Offline Burnin_Vernon

• PC gamer turned XIM3 convert!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08:11 PM - 10/04/11 »

BV

That's probably as expected... They're official, so they have to trash it to some degree because of the need to shill controllers for Microsoft, but at the same time, they can't outright lie and say it doesn't work and lose total credibility, when its proven to work, and work well.

LOL. No there is no conspiracy there. Just someone who didn't do a good job in our opinion. The mag will always disagree.

Microsoft doesn't tell the mag what to say. I've dealt with the publisher of both PC Gamer and OXM etc. for a long time and sometimes the staff simply gets it wrong. They're human just like the rest of us. But it doesn't hurt to remind them that credible reviews help sell more magazines.

When you see what this person wrote and compare it to what our customers wrote you'll be scratching your head.

BV

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 08:17 PM - 10/04/11 »
i know a person as well that is the owner of a magazine, hes a former pc gamer and is absolutly not a dumb guy

let me know when you want a contact to him :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #54 on: 08:27 PM - 10/04/11 »
Thanks guys for all your offers for other review opportunities, it's appreciated.

BV is right, the review is strange because it spends time focusing on some unexpected/weird things and then contradicts itself with the score. And it'll be obvious to you that the reviewer didn't spend much time actually *gaming* with the device when he describes his experience (which is frankly, aggravating given how much time we had to wait for the review). To top it off, before we received the review, they told us the reviewer "really liked" the device twice.

I guess we chalk it up as a learning experience at this point in how to deal with reviewers in the future.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 08:34 PM - 10/04/11 »
yes take it as a learning lesson, and every advertise is an advertise

more people will know about the xim3, and those that fancy to buy a mouse/kb adapter usually do their research and will remember the xim3
thats the part when they will find out about this page :)

Offline Dice

• MVP
  • Another Australian
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DRYIYC
  • PSN ID: DRYIYC
« Reply #56 on: 04:41 AM - 10/05/11 »
It's ok. Wait to you read the comments from the OXM review. Then we'll have a mission for you guys. LOL.

BV

How much can you tell us before it comes out and can you post a copy of the page and a link of who to abuse after the review is out? Not that I am the abusing kind....
A controller is a handicap.
Can I be honest here -- you guys are starting to drive me a little nuts. Can I please just add the features we talked about and then you all *try* them and decide if you really need all this new stuff you are asking for now?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #57 on: 08:31 AM - 10/05/11 »
There isn't much more we can say about it. It'll be out towards the end of the month.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 09:37 AM - 10/05/11 »
Specifically October 18th for anyone who wants to pick it up.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Dice

• MVP
  • Another Australian
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DRYIYC
  • PSN ID: DRYIYC
« Reply #59 on: 10:16 AM - 10/05/11 »
Drat. I will not be near civilisation at that time as I have a mountain to climb. That sucks. Will it be posted hear?
A controller is a handicap.
Can I be honest here -- you guys are starting to drive me a little nuts. Can I please just add the features we talked about and then you all *try* them and decide if you really need all this new stuff you are asking for now?

Admin