XIM Community

Zen's BF3 Standard Config ***Updated with Mist's new deadzone to try***  (Read 69902 times)

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Zen's work in progress BF3 Standard Config*
« Reply #90 on: 09:53 AM - 09/30/11 »
Can someone please post the controller button mapping for bf3 for xbox 360, I would like to set it up before I start playing. Thanks!

Found this:

Some of these are off. fire select is d-pad down. back is spot and hold for scoreboard. or is this the alternitive mapping?
I didnt change anything in my config from BC2 and it works great. dpad up down is the only thing changed/added from bc2.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #91 on: 10:02 AM - 09/30/11 »
Hmm if the smartys work equally well for xbox and ps3 why wouldnt the standard translator?
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 10:09 AM - 09/30/11 »
Can someone please post the controller button mapping for bf3 for xbox 360, I would like to set it up before I start playing. Thanks!

Found this:

Thanks!

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 10:10 AM - 09/30/11 »

Found this:

oh thats right...i can get the mapping from the bc2 ST

Some of these are off. fire select is d-pad down. back is spot and hold for scoreboard. or is this the alternitive mapping?
I didnt change anything in my config from BC2 and it works great. dpad up down is the only thing changed/added from bc2.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 10:12 AM - 09/30/11 »
Really? Weird. That's where deadzoner reports movement, anything under that number should be skipping, anything over should have an acceleration/floaty/lurching forward feel. Anyway, as always use what feels best for you.

That's the weird thing I'm getting the acceleration/lurching with the 4916 deadzone. I doubt I would notice in blind test but with a switcher set up it was very obvious as I could ADS and move around the iron sights while toggling between the two.

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 10:16 AM - 09/30/11 »
shoots mist4fun is the master. but, I got 4922 which is close to 4916. i tired it at both and don't have issues. did you try that setup I posted zen? does it suck?

Offline KrazyKarl

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x1ArmBanditx
« Reply #96 on: 10:19 AM - 09/30/11 »

Found this:

my lb is grenade....and this maybe a stupid question but this is my first bf game ive played....what is spot/social??and are they even in bf3??seems like that button map is from a diff. game....oh and commo rose, what is this?? :o

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 10:21 AM - 09/30/11 »
Yep anything between 4916 and 4980 registers micro movement. 4916 is where the smallest pixel movement occurs, you really have to look for it. :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 10:27 AM - 09/30/11 »
shoots mist4fun is the master. but, I got 4922 which is close to 4916. i tired it at both and don't have issues. did you try that setup I posted zen? does it suck?

It didnt suck and I know where you're coming from with smoothness but it adds interpolation weirdness. So even though it give the appearance of smoother aiming its not giving more fidelity but it is creating floatyness. I experimented with it a lot before but prefer it off.

No tweaks that I do seem to bring anything better (Or much worse) but its good that people are posting tweaks so all can try different stuff. Thanks for posting yours up dude.

Doing the toggle switcher is great for comparing setting otherwise you just go numb to differences.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 10:34 AM - 09/30/11 »
Yeah definitely, that's how I compare configs too. I haven't actually used your deadzone yet, I immediately grabbed the deadzone from deadzoner and then used the rest of your config. I'll check it out this afternoon.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 10:41 AM - 09/30/11 »
Please do Mist. I'd really like to know if its a difference of mouse wares or something else.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #101 on: 12:09 PM - 09/30/11 »
Mist would have to have a PS3 and a converter to run the XIM3.

The transfer cable and the .net deadzoner should work equally well if hes got all that.

What? No bacon?

Should be the same transfer cable that got a grease bath.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
Just managed to get a final tweak that adds something. Change the hip DD from -0.25 to -0.15. Now feels more one to one in the hip. Please update and feedback.

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
yeah taking the DD down is much better.

Offline tnk

• View Profile
For me I have a strange mix of both deadzone's that work, for the hip, I use Zen's 3800, but for ADS, 3800 causes skip's so setting it to mist's 4916 worked like a charm, am using a G700 set at 5700 dpi, with 10 sens on ADS and 15 on hip, very wierd. Is having two different deadzone values normal, and does it always depend upon mouse brand/type and dpi used?

Thanks a lot to Zen and mist for the great config info.... am loving this beta.

Admin