XIM Community

Zen's BF3 Standard Config ***Updated with Mist's new deadzone to try***  (Read 69904 times)

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
your controller deadzone could be getting off, this happened to me but my controllers left stich pressed down hard and it was unplayable.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline ALIxReBORN

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ali Gator Bites
  • PSN ID: Ali_GatorX
your controller deadzone could be getting off, this happened to me but my controllers left stich pressed down hard and it was unplayable.

Will update if it happens again, hopefully not.

Offline tomiko77

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: iiLuzi0n
Is the config Zen made with Mist's tweak (making deadzone 5571) a MODIFICATION to the smart translator or is it a fresh config with tweaked settings. Could either or work?

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Zen's config is a standard translator configuration.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline Seawolf

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: S3AWO1F
  • PSN ID: LED-SEAWOLF
Tuff, I have the same mouse you have and I am having issues anytime I try and use the standard config. I am running the mouse at level 2 DPI as a base when I edit my sens settings, but the standard seems very twitchy even when I adjust the sens settings down.

I tried Zen's settings and it was unplayable for me. Way too twitchy and the deadzone was too large for me.

The smart config seems ok, but I have to run sens settings up around 200 and 180 for ADI. Is there a xim3 setup to make it feel more closely to the PC where it's fast without being twitchy and with a good 1:1 transition?

Update: I went and actually watched some of the tutorial vids and got the mouse setup using setpoint and the mouse is set to 5700DPI now. I'm trying different STs as well as Zen's setup and the one thing that is really bothering me is the short almost not noticable delay in cursor movement in game when making quick movements. I guess this is the "input lag" everyone talks about.

When making slow movements around corners it's not an issue, but swinging my weapon quickly to chase someone feels very strange.
I also tried adding some smoothness setting in there and while it makes the overall feel of the movement something like a PC I think it adds to the sensation of lag, but I can't stand twitchy controls. I'm still trying to tweak here and there, but I think I am asking too much from BF3 on PS3. I just wish my friend would get a PC so I didn't have to deal with it. lol
« Last Edit: 10:52 PM - 04/15/12 by Seawolf »