XIM Community

360 Headsets  (Read 3085 times)

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
Re: 360 Headsets
« Reply #15 on: 01:49 AM - 10/02/11 »
HPA2 5.1 headset w/extigy (5.1 decoder).  Couple of extra wires to get my mic working and voila....great set for under $110. 

I use the same exact setup! nice sound and with the right cables and adapters you can hook up to any device.  You even get a remote with this setup. Finding a SB Extigy for a good price on ebay is hit or miss tho.

Offline Wirebr

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wirebr
« Reply #16 on: 06:43 AM - 10/02/11 »
just make sure to buy the dss and a real headphone when you decide to buy something else
you will see that you can actually hear much more with this setup :)

Hahaha, now thats too late im saving money to buy:

XIM3
G500
Razer Lycosa Mirror Special Edition
MW3
1 Year of Xbox Live

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • Gamertag: SpiiiCyChIpS
« Reply #17 on: 12:01 PM - 10/02/11 »
I use the same exact setup! nice sound and with the right cables and adapters you can hook up to any device.  You even get a remote with this setup. Finding a SB Extigy for a good price on ebay is hit or miss tho.

A fellow Extiger lol.  Yeah, the whole extigy and HPA2 is actually tough to find now but I got really lucky.  I don't know how but each year this one guy sells absolutely new hpa2's for a limited amount of time then it's all gone.  The extigy, the guy wanted to sell it only because it wouldn't work on the new windows and was nice about the price. =) 

Offline modwarfare

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Arrow of Ares
« Reply #18 on: 11:40 AM - 10/06/11 »
Can we just start a sticky for xbox 360 headsets already and have people update it and put reviews on their  this question gets asked twice a week and it is always 2-20 pgs long. Put some reviews from steggy b and head fi up there too I don't know. I have an astro 5.8 mixamp and that is one of the best wireless options out there imo, with a nice headset like the ad 700s you're ready to go.

Offline jewshoes

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09:35 AM - 10/07/11 »
so when did sennhieser become none "main stream." lol

Every counterstike player and their mother played with 555's.

holidayshrimp

« Reply #20 on: 12:51 AM - 10/08/11 »
I'm so glad I bought the Astro Mixamp by itself.  I've been using it with a @#$% pair of plantronics I had from PC gaming (mic built in).  I'll be buying the Sennheiser PC360's in the next few months and I won't be wasting any money.  Yeah I know I can get the HD595's for cheaper and mod them myself but I just can't be bothered.  If you are serious about this (easy to assume as you spent $150 + $shipping + $wired controller just to play with KBM) then go a head and buy the Astro Mixamp.  You won't be sorry.  Upgrade to better cans later, but use any junk ones you have for now.