360 Headsets  (Read 3084 times)

Offline flexnix

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: flexnix
  • PSN ID: quepasausa
360 Headsets
« on: 08:06 PM - 09/20/11 »
Hey guys.

So I've been looking into getting a headset. I can't believe how many cable there are to connect for these things, LOL. I guess I might be going with wireless type? I want to be able to hear the game and mic in my headset.

I was looking at the Turtle Beach Ear Force X12....but the amount of cables is NUTS. Any recommendations?

Wirelesses I've found so far:
--------------------------------
Turtle Beach X41
Turtle Beach X31
Plantronics GameCom X95
« Last Edit: 08:15 PM - 09/20/11 by flexnix »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: 360 Headsets
« Reply #1 on: 12:05 AM - 09/21/11 »
Yes I urge you to use the search button and do your read before you get flamed.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Dashio

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Emerald Coin
« Reply #2 on: 07:57 PM - 09/22/11 »
What's your budget?

If money isn't really a problem I urge you to not buy Turtle Beach. There are way better choices out there!

I'm currently using The Sennheiser HD 595's and they are amazing! And alot of other members on this forum will agree. If your on a budget but want quality I would recommend the AD 700's + DSS/Mixamp setup or the Tritton AX720's.
                                                                                XIM2 | XIM3 | XIM Apex
MixAmp Pro TR | PC360's
                                                    Orbweaver Chroma | Logitech MX518 | Puretrak Talent XL

Offline cj15917

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:18 AM - 09/23/11 »
I picked up a pair of turtle beach x41's off craigslist for 100 bux..they are wireless with 7.1 surround sound and awesome sound all together. I urge u to give them a shot...they are well worth the money. Dont listen to the kids tellin u to not get them, chances are they also think anything else that is mainstream is way lame and u should try somethin german based [email protected]#$% hipsters...j/k j/k. Another problem u might have are that the hd 595 are pc headphones....HEADPHONES, not a headset..so that should make that decision pretty easy.

Offline Dashio

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Emerald Coin
« Reply #4 on: 05:28 AM - 09/23/11 »
Dont listen to the kids tellin u to not get them, chances are they also think anything else that is mainstream is way lame

lol @ Anything that is mainstream is lame.. I have a Pair of TB x1's (Mainstream), Tritton AX720's (Mainstream), Astro A40's (Mainstream), and HD 595's.. I don't give a crap if it's mainstream I care about QUALITY.. And if you did your research pretty much any headset in the same $ range is usually better then Turtle Beach.

Another problem u might have are that the hd 595 are pc headphones....HEADPHONES, not a headset

And to finish this up. Yeah they don't have a stock microphone but you have quite a few options.. (#1 Tommybwoy Mic mods.. and I have to say his work is amazing!), (#2 Zalman Clip-on Mic), and (#3 Double sided tape & a microphone).
                                                                                XIM2 | XIM3 | XIM Apex
MixAmp Pro TR | PC360's
                                                    Orbweaver Chroma | Logitech MX518 | Puretrak Talent XL

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:51 AM - 09/23/11 »
Save some more money and get some Astros, the headphones are not the greatest thing in sound quality but after the burn in time they start getting better. Also the mic quality is the best out there, and the mix amp does everything you need in a simple package...Just saying!

Offline Wirebr

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wirebr
« Reply #6 on: 02:27 PM - 09/28/11 »
Well, I have a X41 and it's awesome!I bought it for 200 bucks...And I highly recommend it!I play XBOX with it and I watch movies with it!It's awesome I can hear everything!And if someone says its not that good, they are lieing because i can hear everything and I can kill a lot with it!:) and why are you gonna pay + 150 dollars for Astro?I don't even think its 7.1...

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:43 PM - 09/28/11 »
200 bucks for turtle beach? o_O and you wanna tell me its good?

no one throws away that much money, you can get a decent pair of headphones + dss decoder box and you have a sound that outbeats the turtle beach headsets in any way!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline spyder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:19 PM - 09/29/11 »
This little guide is a decent place to start. Post #4 is the majority of it.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=19387924#post19387924

Also some good info here:
http://base.teamxbox.com/blog-post/43202/4403/01-20-2008/p1/

Offline spyder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:23 PM - 09/29/11 »
...and does anyone know how turtle beach got so good at selling mediocre headphones? Haven't they been around for only a few years?  i see their crap promoted everywhere. Where did they get the money to run such aggressive advertising in the first place?

My girlfriend's little brother is thinking about getting some headphones and all he can talk about is how awesome turtle beach is...because all of his little high school buddies told him so.

"Dude, what's with your weird ghetto purple headphones? You should get some real ones. Turtle beach is the best."

"Oh yeah? Best compared to what?"

"They're just the best you can get, HANDS DOWN."

"Alright, so what other ones did you try, that turtle beach was just so much better than?"

"Well, I've never tried anything else...but turtle beach is the best ask anybody!"

"........"

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
Re: Re: 360 Headsets
« Reply #10 on: 01:25 PM - 09/29/11 »
...and does anyone know how turtle beach got so good at selling mediocre headphones? Haven't they been around for only a few years?  i see their crap promoted everywhere. Where did they get the money to run such aggressive advertising in the first place?

My girlfriend's little brother is thinking about getting some headphones and all he can talk about is how awesome turtle beach is...because all of his little high school buddies told him so.

"Dude, what's with your weird ghetto purple headphones? You should get some real ones. Turtle beach is the best."

"Oh yeah? Best compared to what?"

"They're just the best you can get, HANDS DOWN."

"Alright, so what other ones did you try, that turtle beach was just so much better than?"

"Well, I've never tried anything else...but turtle beach is the best ask anybody!"

"........"

When I got my x1s in like 05 they were really the only option for xbox 360 headsets at retail stores and turtle beach has been around longer than their xbox stuff

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x IInIFaMoUs x
  • PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
« Reply #11 on: 02:01 PM - 09/29/11 »
i say go with the call of duty black ops edition tritton ax pros... they are different then the regular triton ax pros, much better cable management... tritton has them on sale on there website for $160

i also have the turtle beach dpx21's (px21 + Mixamp) i would recommend to NOT get this... my trittons blow this setup away...
Xbox Live ID: x IInIFaMoUs x
EPIC ID: xIInIFaMoUsx
PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
Steam ID: 187lordinfamous
Origin ID: IInIFaMoUs

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • Gamertag: SpiiiCyChIpS
« Reply #12 on: 02:23 PM - 09/29/11 »
HPA2 5.1 headset w/extigy (5.1 decoder).  Couple of extra wires to get my mic working and voila....great set for under $110. 

Offline Wirebr

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wirebr
« Reply #13 on: 03:39 PM - 10/01/11 »
200 bucks for turtle beach? o_O and you wanna tell me its good?

no one throws away that much money, you can get a decent pair of headphones + dss decoder box and you have a sound that outbeats the turtle beach headsets in any way!

I bought it 1 year ago and the Turtle Beach + shipping it was about 200 dollars and I didnt know about this dss decoder stuff...Well you say its not that good ok...What else can I hear?The character breathing?I can hear everything i want ( FOOTSTEPS) and I get a nice quality with it.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:50 PM - 10/01/11 »
just make sure to buy the dss and a real headphone when you decide to buy something else
you will see that you can actually hear much more with this setup :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Admin