XIM Community

Introducing XIM2 "XFlex"! The XIM team's solution to lengthy installs!  (Read 28753 times)

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
...joy joy...

Offline Chris612

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: silentkiller747
Wow, this will make a lot more people want to do the DIY. Much easier than what the rest of us had to do. I would probably preorder a few of these for friends because they have seen my XIM2 mod and love it.
Proud owner of an XIM2 DIY Noob Owning Machine, and now an XIM3!

Offline Fenix`

• View Profile
Hey, im new to this forum.

where exactly do i go to buy 1 of these ?
how much does it cost ?
if i 'DIY' is there an easy install guide somewhere here or does it come prebuilt or what ?
i looked at the sticky for the install guide but it appears to be for an older version of the xim2, is there an updated install guide ?

someone please pm me with info~

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
Hey, im new to this forum.

where exactly do i go to buy 1 of these ?
how much does it cost ?
if i 'DIY' is there an easy install guide somewhere here or does it come prebuilt or what ?
i looked at the sticky for the install guide but it appears to be for an older version of the xim2, is there an updated install guide ?

someone please pm me with info~

Welcome to the forum Fenix. First... patience.  ;D

The XIM360 device is still new. Also, the team who are responsible are still doing this on their own personal time. This means, production is still slow at the moment. There was a batch of 150 DIY of the older design released before, however since then, the XIM crew has made every effort as you can see to make installation as painless and as quick as possible. So in other words, there are no Xim flex's available yet. This new design was just announced and shown yesterday, so Derek (or other crew member) still has to make an install guide and it'll probably be a few weeks before there is a solid date on ETA. When it is available, this is the site to purchase it from. As for cost, since this board is an entirely new design, I have no idea of what the costs of DIY or pre-built are. I'm assuming that the xim crew will still sell DIY kits as an option. For the old designs, the DIY was $54.99 (before shipping costs) and the pre-builts were supposed to be around $150. There were only 50 pre-builts at the time made for long-standing members of the Xim community. Since then, there was not much word on production, but as you can see, Derek was busy with the new design. The old design was excellent, but was a difficult and time consuming install. It was time consuming even for someone very skilled at soldering.

So, in the meantime, have a look around the forum, read up, and hit the irc channel. Welcome to the XIM community. :)
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb" - Dark Helmet

Offline Handicrap

• View Profile
Looks awesome, so how are the orders coming along?

Offline MrFresh

• Vigilo Confido
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrFresh KC
You know i gave up on the xim2 i came less and less on to this website because the ridiculous amount of people who wanted a xim2, i was like F*#k it im never gonna get one. but this just made me a feel a whole lot better...now lets see if i will be able to get a hold of one of these babys!

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
 Now I am wondering what the mad dash is going to be like to try to get a hold of one of these things. Since senority in the forums is out the door...looks like I'll be keeping an eye out on all the modding sites that was mentioned in Irc by Derek.  ;)

Offline MrFresh

• Vigilo Confido
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrFresh KC
Now I am wondering what the mad dash is going to be like to try to get a hold of one of these things. Since seniority in the forums is out the door...looks like I'll be keeping an eye out on all the modding sites that was mentioned in Irc by Derek.  ;)

No seniority? i guess i'm not gonna even bother now.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
No seniority, and no limited first-come-first. Try: you want one you get one.

This is the real deal people. Consider the previous orders as limited production runs.

technogiant

So I've looking in here  several times a day since mid May for f**k all....putting up with all the rude abrupt comments from the admins every time a release date is mentioned...it's just going to be a bun fight...so much for loyalty. >:(

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
So I've looking in here  several times a day since mid May for f**k all....putting up with all the rude abrupt comments from the admins every time a release date is mentioned...it's just going to be a bun fight...so much for loyalty. >:(

bun fight? Anywho, I cant speak for the order of shipments, but as for who gets one and who doesn't, we are trying to do this the way we wanted to from the beginning. Order one and you get one. no limits. (well, some limits). Is that really so bad?

technogiant

bun fight? Anywho, I cant speak for the order of shipments, but as for who gets one and who doesn't, we are trying to do this the way we wanted to from the beginning. Order one and you get one. no limits. (well, some limits). Is that really so bad?

??? the way it was going to be done was to long standing members first. "order one and you get one" is a fine approach but the question is WHEN. If us loyal forum members have now to stand in line with the  rest of the world who will crawl from every crevice when this hits production.

Hate to say it but I think the forum has been used... used to finance a limited prototype run.
Now you have the eye of big business then stuff the forum members.

Offline miraged

• View Profile
technogiant I dont get the problem now, if you visit the forum each day why dont you have a XIM2 already since it was up for like a week here for everyone who wanted to make a pre order?

Also stand in line? If its possible for them to get as many as they want whose standing in line? Maybe you should just calm down?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Now you have the eye of big business then stuff the forum members.

Derek will obviously still be selling pre-mades, and he has expressed several times he wants to make sure those that have been with us get taken care of earlier (he's done that now even with the limited XIM2s out there so far).

That said, I'm not really sure how to exactly know who those people are. Judging based on who is the most active on the forums isn't really fair. Perhaps he'll be going back to the original "who wants a pre-built" thread will hopefully be good enough.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

technogiant

technogiant I dont get the problem now, if you visit the forum each day why dont you have a XIM2 already since it was up for like a week here for everyone who wanted to make a pre order?

Also stand in line? If its possible for them to get as many as they want whose standing in line? Maybe you should just calm down?

I do vist the forum several times a day and the reason I do not have xim2 is that I dont have the skills to build a diy version.....
To my knowledge there has not and still is not a preorder list for a prebuilt unit....we have only had a thread to assess the demand for the unit and not a preorder list.

And don't tell me to stand in line and calm down....I've been standing in line since May and I'm rightly annoyed as we have now been told the line no longer exists