XIM Community

The future of XIM3  (Read 1308 times)

Offline CaptainBiscuit

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CaptainBiscuit1
The future of XIM3
« on: 10:24 PM - 09/16/11 »
We all know what a quality product XIM3 is. Are there any plans to release it on a large scale to major gaming retail outlets worldwide?. Im not sure what the major gaming stores in the US are but in the UK we have GAME. Then obviously you have online stores such as Amazon etc..

I dont know what your long term marketing strategy, business plan or production capability is but im sure if marketed and sold correctly this thing would sell by the truck load.

I appreciate that your probably trying to scale the business in a controlled way but if a major retailer looked at it and said ok we want to order 20,000 units. What would your response be?

I dont mean to be rude and what you have done so far is amazing but just a thought as i think XIM3 has so much potential.

I suppose it comes down to this. Should it only be a niche, almost cult product kept on a small scale in order to keep everything controlled and in house. Or woud you have as many people as possible playing with mouse and keyboard/nav instead of Joypad. Is it conceivable that Microsoft or Sony would release a console with mouse as the primary control method and with that in mind could XIM become even more than what it already is?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: The future of XIM3
« Reply #1 on: 10:47 PM - 09/16/11 »
Thank you for the compliments, a lot of time and effort went into making XIM3 the quality product it is today.

Yes, it is our intention to have a much broader presence than this site, but, with broader presence means deals need to be made which takes time -- and the retailers we'd deal with would be chosen carefully (even those who would want 20K units). As of now, however, there is no need to go broader because XIM3 is selling extremely well though our store.

It is not our intention that it only be a niche and we are making large plans behind the scenes to that end.

And, about KBAM on the next gen consoles -- highly unlikely. Sony tried this and it wasn't received well by developers and Microsoft will never do it. They built a billion dollar business on the standard controller and introducted motion sensing to broaden sales - why would they fix something that isn't broke?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #2 on: 02:13 PM - 09/17/11 »
That's where the thinking is doodoo on M$ part but it is what it is.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is the motto but I prefer...

"If it ain't broke, how can I make it BETTER?!"
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline CaptainBiscuit

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CaptainBiscuit1
« Reply #3 on: 12:50 AM - 09/18/11 »
Thanks for the response. Good to know all is well and keep up the great work.

Just a few other things.

When after release will we get MW3 and BF3 smart translators? I assume BLOPS or MW2 translators might work in the meantime.

Are there any plans for a XIM3 app for ipad/ipghone incorporating this forum, general news etc.? That would be cool