XIM Community

How to solve the Menu problem?  (Read 897 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
How to solve the Menu problem?
« on: 07:36 AM - 09/17/11 »
As long as you play one game, or in all games you use the same button settings, what must feel weird in some games, you have no problem. But what is the solution not to get stuck in the menu system if you don't know the new A, B or X if you keep the same action on the mouse/keyboard?
Do you grab the controller or do you have a printout of the button-mapping stuck to the monitor? YOu have a config just for the menu system?
Would it make sense to have the Xim manager print out the config?
I find this annoying.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Mr Brzezinski

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mr Brzezinski
Re: How to solve the Menu problem?
« Reply #1 on: 07:49 AM - 09/17/11 »
Hey roads.
Its annoying for me too... I just grab the controller :)
N52te+G500+Turtle Beach DSS+HD 598+Xim3

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:53 AM - 09/17/11 »
Yeah thatís a solution I just get fever, vomiting and nausea from touching the controller. What I did now is to set a unused key on my N52te to shift the red N52te config. There I have three unused keys I cant assign in the main N52te config. Now I can always press that shift key to get in the red config where I can always access A,B,X,Y

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #3 on: 08:14 AM - 09/17/11 »
Why dont you just use the secondary buttons and map them to your numpad for each config?
Very few games actually need 2 binds for the same action, the only one i struggled with was crysis 2 and the double "Y" press.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:37 AM - 09/17/11 »
Yeah the N52te does not have enough keys for that. But I think the easiest way is to set up a config in the XIM3 that is mapping ABXY. But you give a a switcher for that.

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #5 on: 08:47 AM - 09/17/11 »
Yeah would be cool to have something like that,  something like scroll lock on = navigation mode.
Then we could use scroll lock for chat mode on to use the keyboard as a chat pad in the future :)

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #6 on: 08:56 AM - 09/17/11 »
I've tried a switcher, but didn't feel like making one for each game. I only play two games so I have memorized which switch is which unless i switch my switch, then i'm @#$%.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:47 AM - 09/17/11 »
Is that you stetab or just a random weird guy wearing a bear? I now have a switcher for D-pad + the menue system. Works nicely. Donīt see a way to make it easier and yeah itís a copy of the game, set the d-pad and ABXY again and delete all duplicate keys  you generated.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #8 on: 12:03 PM - 09/17/11 »
Is that you stetab or just a random weird guy wearing a bear? I now have a switcher for D-pad + the menue system. Works nicely. Donīt see a way to make it easier and yeah itís a copy of the game, set the d-pad and ABXY again and delete all duplicate keys  you generated.

It's from the show "Workaholics" and the show is hilarious, hopefully it makes it to Germany!

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:44 PM - 09/17/11 »
If its on the net its in Germany :)

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #10 on: 12:57 PM - 09/17/11 »
Yea i usually just fumble around in the menu like a drunk guy in an aa meeting.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Admin