XIM Community

Need Help  (Read 2936 times)

Offline alienbladex

• View Profile
Need Help
« on: 01:00 AM - 02/09/08 »
Hey there people,I just got a Xim with my XFPS Sniper.Im having some problem mapping buttons and mouse deadzone.Do I use the 3rd pary software,or the original XIM software?When I tried to use the original I pressed ctrl enter for configuration mode,how do I map buttons from there.And does anyone know how to Vreg mod a Ps2 Smartjoy Frag?Thanks for any help I get.

Offline spectra9

• View Profile
Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: 02:02 AM - 02/09/08 »
For a GUI based tool, you can try XIMConfig. The link in the download section is apparenty corrupted. You can get it from my site instead: http://www.spectra9.com/ximconfig/ximconfig.html

Offline alienbladex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:42 AM - 02/09/08 »
Hey thanks,I already have to config13,but after I do all the button maps and try to save it.I cant get the XIM manager to store nor ativate.What am I doing wrong?

Offline spectra9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:50 AM - 02/09/08 »
Did you get any error message?

Offline alienbladex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:54 PM - 02/09/08 »
Yes,it said run-time error 53 file not found.If I could get some over the phone help my # is 770-656-5937 ask for William

Offline spectra9

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:29 AM - 02/10/08 »
Can you try clicking the "Save as" button, type in the name of the file and click Save? Does that give any error?

Offline alienbladex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:09 AM - 02/11/08 »
Still could not get it to work,Im not sure what Im missing,I quess I need a total map from start to finish to understand.Sorry Im not catching on this very well.I wish They would have made a Smart joy frag for this as well like on the old x-box,that one worked right on.I have a smartjoy frag for the ps2,anyone know how to mod it to give it more power,vreg mod is what I think its called.Sucks,Iv paid all this money for XFPS and XIM and cant get it to work.

Offline maximus216

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:03 PM - 02/11/08 »
1st, make sure you have an older xbox controller.  The new ones don't work.  "Please note that the XFPS Sniper is not compatible with the newly released Xbox 360 wired controller models X811616-005, please check the serial number on the bottom of the wired controller before you buy to make sure it is not one of these new version controllers." 2nd, sometimes the sniper doesn't register the first time, unplug it and plug it into the xbox.  3rd, The XAE or XiM software has to be running on your computer.  I've found out that if you make changes to the XAE, you have to click save and close it out and reopen it.  SETUP: Here are the steps, usb end of the Xim is plugged into to computer, the ps2 end of the XiM is plugged into the sniper, the sniper is plugged into the xbox.  The xbox controller is plugged into the sniper.  keyboard and mouse plugged into the computer, not the sniper. The xbox controller will blink a few times and then register, if it continues to blink, then you have the wrong controller.  Make sure you install the DLL's for XAE. 

Offline alienbladex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:01 PM - 02/11/08 »
I have all that,Iv had it working,I cant get the Xim manager to save my configs nor activate,Im so close but yet so far,I thank you so much for helping me.Im not sure how to replace my config to the defualt so it will launch.I think thats what Im doing wrong but Im not sure exactly how to do it.

Admin