XIM Community

MW3: Multiplayer footage - Almost 4 minutes  (Read 18599 times)

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • CaptSackJparrow's YouTube
  • Gamertag: CaptSackJparrow
Re: MW3: Multiplayer footage - Almost 4 minutes
« Reply #180 on: 07:07 AM - 09/27/11 »
so let me get this right from what ive heard. Can't true quickscope (again), no knife lunge, no dropshotting. They are noobing these games out so bad. Making it where there is no difference between some kid who picks up a control for 3 weeks and someone who is a competitive gamer. Next will be setting low sensitivity for everyone so that the game is "fair" for all who play.
Don't put down the bottle... just tape it to the back of the shield and put a straw in it.  WIN!

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 07:08 AM - 09/27/11 »
BF3 FTW
Don't put down the bottle... just tape it to the back of the shield and put a straw in it.  WIN!

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #182 on: 07:25 AM - 09/27/11 »
time to work on our halo jump headshots... thatll be nerfed next game lol... i say knifing will still be annoying though
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline AcloYde

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SandorHD
« Reply #183 on: 09:01 AM - 09/27/11 »
so let me get this right from what ive heard. Can't true quickscope (again), no knife lunge, no dropshotting. They are noobing these games out so bad. Making it where there is no difference between some kid who picks up a control for 3 weeks and someone who is a competitive gamer. Next will be setting low sensitivity for everyone so that the game is "fair" for all who play.
Im not bothered to read all the 13 pages, but where is Your info coming from?
Quickscoping is confirmed by 402 and by the players from CoD XP.
402 Allso said, that there are shifting the importance from airsupport to gun-on-gun action.
And this is the first time I ever heard of dropshot nerf in MW3.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #184 on: 09:55 AM - 09/27/11 »
I hate 2 of the 3....how do knife lunges and quickscopes make the game for "skilled" players?  Drop shotting is another arguable quirk, but it's not in the league of the other two.  QS is clearly taking advantage of a glitch, for lack of a better term, and the 40-mile lunge is responsible for more rage quits than anything I can think of. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 09:59 AM - 09/27/11 »
my apologies on the quickscope. I saw awhile back on the MW3 forums ab it being nerfed but I have watched several videos and obviously it is not nerfed. My point is this. Aim assist - helps people who cant aim, aim. nerfing dropshotting (if this happens) - I've never seen a non skilled player that can dropshot and stay on target well.

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 10:00 AM - 09/27/11 »
My opinion is COD just makes each game a little more and more easier for anyone to play and be decent at.

Offline AcloYde

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 10:02 AM - 09/27/11 »
I don't know where dropshoting is originated, but I am doing it because Counter Strike.
CS? - Yea, The thing about cs is, that you have to crouch to have a chance of hit the opposing player. And this method transfered over to CoD - same button that crouches(ctr) makes You go prone in CoD.

And Quickscoping is as old as Counter strike, so its not just a broken game mechanic.

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 10:05 AM - 09/27/11 »
no clue where drop shotting originated from as I am a newer gamer. If you use it wisely it will save your @$$ sometimes.

holidayshrimp

« Reply #189 on: 09:16 PM - 09/27/11 »
eh.  No sense in crying about game mechanics.  I just started playing MW2 recently to prep for MW3 and was pissed off about toobers, so I learned the game mechanic and just used it to my advantage.  If I use working/cheap tactics + superior finese of XIM3 then I will come out on top.  We can't control the game mechanics, they are just tools.  If we are given some tools that work better than others then it only makes sense to use the ones that are effective. 

I don't care what anyone says because quick scoping is slower to hit a target shooting them with high ROF AR/SMG.  If you are getting beaten by quick scopers every time you probably need to ADS creep more or use steady aim and shoot from the hip (if in range).

For drop shotters it shouldn't effect you at all because if you are aiming at chest the act of them laying down moves it to near a head shot.  Using XIM we can fine tune the shot to move just a bit down and get a nice head shot.

Knifing only works if you can't react and panic freeze to someone rushing you with LW/Marathon.

EDIT:
re-read the post and saw you said you're unhappy they are removing it because it makes it more noob friendly.  I agree.  haha

TDLR; Just gotta go with the flow and capitalize on weaknesses and learn to counter with what they give us.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #190 on: 10:07 PM - 09/27/11 »
Quick scoping is cool don't hate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAWaGJgN1KU

I pretty much hate the knife in COD games. A knife that folds out of your arm no matter what other action you are doing is lame. Adding a lunge to that is even lamer. Making a perk to extend that lunge over 2x is the lamest possible thing ever. I'm glad its closer range for mw3. I wish you had to carry a knife as a secondary if you wanted one.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 10:15 PM - 09/27/11 »
Unfortunately im not sure if a lot of cod maps warrant a sniper bc their so small.... Its annoying playing a team of quickscopers bc after you rape them a couple of times it turns into hardscoping corners and if there are four or five of them its pretty safe to say there will be a reticle on every corner on their side of spawn. Im not too concerned with terrible sniping ten yr. Olds though.... Removing auto aim from snipers seems the most sensible thing though rather than nerfing qsing all together so if you can do it you prolly spent a long time practicing. I hate the knife a lot though. Also douche tubers.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 10:17 PM - 09/27/11 »
hmmm....i do think removing the aim assist / auto aim totally...how i really wish to have the aim assist gone forever...

Offline AcloYde

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 11:35 PM - 09/27/11 »
OMA danger close and commando are really annoying, but there is a remedy for that.
Google "alteriw"

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 11:38 PM - 09/27/11 »
Thats pc though right... I though noone played mw2 on pc cuz of the matchmaking system. Everyone of my friends on pc  stuck with cod4.