Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim Commander
« Reply #30 on: 07:45 PM - 08/26/11 »
I can't understand why that would be happening. It should be solid at 62-63.

I think I'm going to need to add more error reporting.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08:54 PM - 08/26/11 »
I can't understand why that would be happening. It should be solid at 62-63.

I think I'm going to need to add more error reporting.

I rewrote XIMCommander in C# without borrowing any code, and so far it also runs at 62-63 updates per second. It was so solid that I went back to XIMCommander to compare it, but right now it's also as solid as my app. Im pretty sure that whatever issue is causing this is in the bridge itself.
XIM Sensitivity Calculator!
http://xim3-app.heroku.com/

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #32 on: 10:13 PM - 08/26/11 »
I rewrote XIMCommander in C# without borrowing any code, and so far it also runs at 62-63 updates per second. It was so solid that I went back to XIMCommander to compare it, but right now it's also as solid as my app. Im pretty sure that whatever issue is causing this is in the bridge itself.

What, you are trying to obsolete me?! :) That's great, I'm glad you rewrote it. I'm thinking we should have a XIM Apps subforum or something. I'm actually planning on writing some Wiimote stuff.

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10:50 PM - 08/26/11 »

What, you are trying to obsolete me?! :) That's great, I'm glad you rewrote it. I'm thinking we should have a XIM Apps subforum or something. I'm actually planning on writing some Wiimote stuff.

I think anything goes, unless it's smart translators -- those are yours :)

The reason why I rewrote it is because I'd like to make a XIMManager-like program where the configs are run in real-time, so anything DirectInput sees, the XIM sees :)

But I'm far from there. I made the app repeat a few keys and any mouse input, but not every single mappable button. Before I get any further, I'd like to finish a really nice .NET wrapper. This app is going to be big, and the code has to be clean from the beginning.

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:52 PM - 08/26/11 »
Actually, as I hit Post, I thought me writing that app isn't such a good idea.

You already wrote 99% of the code for that with XIMManager, and the other 1% in XIMCommander. Maybe instead of reinventing the wheel, you could merge the two? :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #35 on: 11:01 PM - 08/26/11 »
Merge them? So you can preview changes on the fly?

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11:04 PM - 08/26/11 »
Merge them? So you can preview changes on the fly?

No. I imagine it being the same, only having an option of connecting to the XIM in Commander mode. This way, you could map joysticks to the XIM that the device itself doesn't support.

Offline JAMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12:29 AM - 08/27/11 »
I tested the gt Max adapter everything seems fine
I love my Xim 3 and my Galaxy tab 10.1

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #38 on: 12:39 AM - 08/27/11 »
So, locked at 62-63 UPS?

Offline JAMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09:32 AM - 08/27/11 »
Yea I only played for like an hour. I'm going to login some more tonight just to be sure.
I love my Xim 3 and my Galaxy tab 10.1

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02:15 PM - 08/27/11 »
So like I had mentioned before, I made a XIMCommander clone in .NET, and it has been extremely stable. Whenever the updates per second go above 63, the program logs it. So far, it hasn't happened once in about six hours of coding and gaming.

You guys should test it and let me know if the update rate ever gets too high.

Also, I fixed the issue where alt-tabbing would produce XIM input, so there's a reason to use my app for now :)

If you have any crashes, please give me as much information as you can get so I can fix it. There is probably a few bugs still in the app.

Anyway, enjoy, and report back :D

Note: You need .NET Framework 4 installed, and you need to put a copy of XIMBridge.dll in the same folder as the executable.
« Last Edit: 03:41 PM - 08/27/11 by kodek64 »

Offline reqless

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03:35 PM - 08/27/11 »
I get this error kodek when trying to run it. If I hit continue nothing happens and I have to close the program.

I'm running win7 64 bit, Framework 4 is installed, and your DeadZoner app works flawlessly for me. Any ideas?
PC, PS4, & Switch | XIM Apex | M: ASUS VG248QE | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Corsair K95 | A: MMX300 + Mixamp | M: Zowie ZA12 | DPI: 3200

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03:41 PM - 08/27/11 »
Whoops! Forgot a file. Try downloading this one.

Offline reqless

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03:56 PM - 08/27/11 »
Okay working now, but the update is jumping around a bit, and numbers are popping up in the box.

Aside from that, now xim3 isn't recognizing my scroll wheel, but the other buttons work fine including scroll click.
PC, PS4, & Switch | XIM Apex | M: ASUS VG248QE | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Corsair K95 | A: MMX300 + Mixamp | M: Zowie ZA12 | DPI: 3200

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03:57 PM - 08/27/11 »
Okay working now, but the update is jumping around a bit, and numbers are popping up in the box.

Aside from that, now xim3 isn't recognizing my scroll wheel, but the other buttons work fine including scroll click.

Oh yeah. Forgot to include the scroll wheel since I don't use it. I will make sure to fix that.

What update rates are you seeing?