XIM Community

Last weekend's detail (pic heavy)  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hai iRnewHERE
Last weekend's detail (pic heavy)
« on: 01:33 AM - 08/08/11 »
1991 Acura NSX.  High compression N/A build  375rwhp/323rwtq (not finished tuning yet, should hit 400whp when complete).

GOTTA LOVE THOSE ITB's!!!

Yours truly ;)

And I buffed out the rear 1/4 on my friend's beat to crap Jetta and stopped there just to F with him. LOL!

Offline Archa9ine

• View Profile
Re: Last weekend's detail (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: 02:16 AM - 08/08/11 »
@#$% shes beatuy. specially thoes rims
MY PRECIOUS XIM

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #2 on: 02:39 AM - 08/08/11 »
howd you get 375hp in that... wasnt it closer to 200 stock but really light? always loved the looks of them though but still to this day are too expensive for me. thing is a beast.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:21 AM - 08/08/11 »
Cool. It looks clean except where the driverside molding has been removed. But the passenger side is different?

The jetta is a familiar sight for me, I have a civic with areas like that. Maybe I'll pm you if I ever decide to do anything about it.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Acc0rd

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79
  • Gamertag: Acc0rd
  • PSN ID: Acc0rd79
« Reply #4 on: 06:28 AM - 08/08/11 »
The best Honda ever made, bar none. That was back when Honda had talent and the knowlege to build hott looking cars people want. I still rock both of my Preludes and wash them once a week. Ive been in the mood the last year to buy a new car but honestly Honda has nothing and their new cars are @#$%. The Nissan 370z however is mmmmmm yah. Deff wana pick up a lightly used one next spring maybe.

http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79

www.youtube.com/Acc0rd79 (car reviews now)
Black Magic Intensity Pro
XIM4/XIM Edge/XIM2 :) Im OLD SCHOOL!
Turtle Beach XP500

Offline heymoe99

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:35 AM - 08/08/11 »
I cant show detail of my weekend.. they dont let you take pics in strip clubs, even if you are the one getting married lol

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:57 AM - 08/08/11 »
howd you get 375hp in that... wasnt it closer to 200 stock but really light? always loved the looks of them though but still to this day are too expensive for me. thing is a beast.

Early versions were 270hp with the 3.0L, and a few years later they got bumped to a 290hp 3.2L engine.  The early ones were around 2700-2800 lbs - about the weight of an S2000, (and the current Civic Si lol). They are great driving cars, and they are quicker than the numbers would suggest.. with the high redline, they seem to pull forever.. You think you are going to need to shift, but then you have another 2000rpm to go.

Sure, Nowadays they are outclassed in power/speed with all the newer cars, but I still love the way they drive.  The hood doesn't even exist from behind the wheel, and all you see is the road rushing up beneath you.

Anyway, that one probably has a bored/stroked motor that is larger than 3.2L to make that kind of power. There is a lot out there for tuning 90s hondas/acuras. Usually, I see them with a supercharger slapped on top, but those ITB's look pretty sweet, and probably sound evil.

oh, nice work on the detail Hai

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:24 PM - 08/08/11 »
ThreeWheels is correct.  The block was re-sleeved, custom crank, rods and pistons, changed the rod/stroke ratio and it's now a 3.9L running 13.5:1 comp. Some extensive head work, the ITB's obviously and tons of other work.    Stock NSX's rev to 8k rpm, this one is balanced and has the head flow to back up the 9200rpm red line.  It's an incredible sound, sounds like 5 sport bikes mashing it at exactly the same time.

Here is a shot video I took with my crappy phone.  He's still taking it easy until it's finished so this wasn't a red line shift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xUfRSsxcIw

Cool. It looks clean except where the driver side molding has been removed. But the passenger side is different?

The jetta is a familiar sight for me, I have a civic with areas like that. Maybe I'll pm you if I ever decide to do anything about it.

Not sure I know what you're talking about.  Nothing has been removed from the body of the car.  Don't be afraid to contact me about your car. Bring some pizza and beer and we'll take care of it in a hang-out sort of way.

Thanks for the comments guys.  I should be doing an R8 V10 and a CTS-V SC soon, pics will obviously follow.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:12 AM - 08/09/11 »

Ahh you know what? It's a reflection of the concrete. doh. Oh and thanks I might take you up on that sometime.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:20 AM - 08/09/11 »
Yeah, don't be a stranger.

Admin