« Reply #15 on: 02:11 PM - 08/01/11 »
Since when did CoD games take skill.

Offline Grimmreaper0323

• In G_D I trust-everybody else pays CASH
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SeaWolf323
Re: MLG Pro Game Play
« Reply #16 on: 02:18 PM - 08/01/11 »
I know for sure myself and a few ximmers could out-play many of those teams. But you see the thing is, we just don't give a @#$% to do so. We play casually and half the time have much better team-play than some of those vids i saw...while having fun! Have you ever participated in clan battles and competitive gaming? I have and its not for me. Those guys get way too serious over gaming. I was on a team that held practices and had emailed gameplans, your job and role in the match, then a meet to practice execution of said tasks. Yeah no thanks I just want to shoot @#$%! Did I mention its boring as fawk!

So if your team, say,  played football on the week end, or a softball team, could play against a pro team and beat them.  I know it's not the same thing, but they both have the word "Pro" in  front of them.
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[/url]

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #17 on: 02:28 PM - 08/01/11 »
No no no. I'm saying the teams that I WATCHED in the link posted, yes. Absolutely. Any "pro" team? No. Now I might be able to gather up some brothers from the hood and beat the Cleveland Browns but the Patriots? Hell no.
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
« Reply #18 on: 02:28 PM - 08/01/11 »
havent watched anything recently and im sure ive said this before in a different thread. the level of team skill and competition in GB and MLG is actually quite dim. in comparison to the even the low end open ladders you would face on the PC the level of "good" teams was immense and teams which you could truly class as "pro" you could find on intermediate and invite leagues and ladders.

from the few videos and streams Ive watched its only really some of the more high level tornys and comps that actually bring out truly amazing teams. everything else is blah....
im pretty sure it would be fairly easy for a xim team to dominate with just a semi serious attitude.
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:44 PM - 08/01/11 »
For those of U that state "I could do better with my Freinds" why arn't U?  show us ur team game play & show us your your team stats & standings.  Or are U just crowing.
you say that crap, but many people here HAVE you @#$% noob.
exactly how high did viiv climb in the ladder two months ago? I quit paying attention when they were 6th out of 35,5XX teams...

thee player skill displayed was terrible. People being shot constantly in areas not cleared. big @#$%
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline Taylor D1350

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Taylor D1350
« Reply #20 on: 04:00 PM - 08/01/11 »
I watched alot of the MLG anahiem gameplay, and ill say for sure some of the top teams, like fear, optic, leverage, would stomp @#$% on any team of ximmers. Their aim is mere perfect and their reaction time is like instantanious. Even with the advantage of a mouse/keyboard it wouldnt mean anything. It gets to a point when using the famas that your aim/shot cannot get any better and it just comes down to who has the faster reaction time and shoots first... One example i noticed when watching FeaR, was one of their players named John, his reaction time was so amazing, he would could see someone and be shooting at them instantly as it seemed, before i could even mentally react that someone was on his screen.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:24 PM - 08/01/11 »
Fear was who I watched. I found their gameplay terrible.     Unlike team fear when toysrme, or nearly anyone I would put on a team  from my sig list dolphin dives around a corner after stunning someone, we don't miss all the shots and get sprayed down in the face.

Their situational awareness was horrendous. Especially their flag runners AND their control people in mid. Really, really bad. They streamed the same guy getting waxed from the same defender, in the exact same spot several times. Deaths for no reason, no other team mate pushing, no one able to support him even if he didn't get shot in th face.

just another over rated noob team.

If people knew anything, they'd know how @#$% optic, fear and the like are. Just little kids that get tourney invites because other little kids watch @#$% videos on YouTube.

MLG fps tourneys are always @#$%. Nothing but invites to trash players and only a handful of teams that legitimately play into them from ladder play. otherwise it's nothing but joke YouTube teams. You know what would happen if a half comptetent team of players met them on a LAN, god forbid a xim team from cod. They'd get blown out of th @#$% water by Players with higher situational awareness, accuracy and speed
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
« Reply #22 on: 05:33 PM - 08/01/11 »
+1 toys.
cant put it better then that other then saying PC competition when it was big (in my eyes) greatly shows off true player gunskill+team skill then you will find on the xbox. not to say the xbox arena is bad just interms of matches nothing surprises me anymore.
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline Grimmreaper0323

• In G_D I trust-everybody else pays CASH
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SeaWolf323
« Reply #23 on: 05:41 PM - 08/01/11 »
For those of U that state "I could do better with my Freinds" why arn't U?  show us ur team game play & show us your your team stats & standings.  Or are U just crowing.
you say that crap, but many people here HAVE you @#$% noob.
exactly how high did viiv climb in the ladder two months ago? I quit paying attention when they were 6th out of 35,5XX teams...

thee player skill displayed was terrible. People being shot constantly in areas not cleared. big @#$%

At least I wasn't claiming to be a great player, like some , and  Ya I'm a noob, (at this) but all can claim "being good at something".
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[/url]

Offline PIX3L

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PIX3L the i is a L
« Reply #24 on: 08:11 PM - 08/01/11 »
i only watched MLG because of starcraft
PIXEL knows how to deflect the attention from arguing to something more enjoyable without writing 1 word...  ???

INarguably the COOLEST person on the Forum!

Massicor

« Reply #25 on: 09:29 PM - 08/01/11 »
I watched alot of the MLG anahiem gameplay, and ill say for sure some of the top teams, like fear, optic, leverage, would stomp @#$% on any team of ximmers. Their aim is mere perfect and their reaction time is like instantanious. Even with the advantage of a mouse/keyboard it wouldnt mean anything. It gets to a point when using the famas that your aim/shot cannot get any better and it just comes down to who has the faster reaction time and shoots first... One example i noticed when watching FeaR, was one of their players named John, his reaction time was so amazing, he would could see someone and be shooting at them instantly as it seemed, before i could even mentally react that someone was on his screen.

You have watched too many montages m8 ..iv watched optic and others play ..and tbh they always miss .. and when they accually do get kills ..its because the other @#$% ("pro") team make it so easy to give other teams kill because of there terrible teamplay/tactics ..decent ximmers with decent teamplay vs any pro team ..ximmers win ..enough said
« Last Edit: 09:35 PM - 08/01/11 by Massicor »

Offline dustinhayes702

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12:51 AM - 08/02/11 »
LOL at everyone here.  I've played with several ximmers and you guys think because now you have a high kd from stomping pubbers that you will go and rape top mlg teams...lawl.  It's all about team play and being a smart player, im pretty sure 99% of you do not have that.  No offense to anyone but a mouse and keyboard does not make that big of difference at top level auto aim helps a lot for controllers.  These guys also use a extended grip on their joysticks to help aim at long range.

If you guys were really that good you would be playing in the ladders. 

btw I played CAL-I/cevo-p AA,BF2,CAL-M CSS, CAL-M CoD1 and CAL-I CoD CTF and it's not much difference in competition from what i used to see to what I currently see.  When a strong player plays vs another strong player they look worse.  When strong players play @#$% players they always look good.  Just look at any pro sport or anything.  In MLB batters look like clueless little league hitters when up against good pitching but put them in college or high school level pitching and they smash homers every time like batting practice.

Offline SecondSight

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Second Sight 07
« Reply #27 on: 02:28 AM - 08/02/11 »
Lol.... you about to get rofl pwned.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #28 on: 07:26 AM - 08/02/11 »
LOL at everyone here.  I've played with several ximmers and you guys think because now you have a high kd from stomping pubbers that you will go and rape top mlg teams...lawl.  It's all about team play and being a smart player, im pretty sure 99% of you do not have that.  No offense to anyone but a mouse and keyboard does not make that big of difference at top level auto aim helps a lot for controllers.  These guys also use a extended grip on their joysticks to help aim at long range.

If you guys were really that good you would be playing in the ladders. 

btw I played CAL-I/cevo-p AA,BF2,CAL-M CSS, CAL-M CoD1 and CAL-I CoD CTF and it's not much difference in competition from what i used to see to what I currently see.  When a strong player plays vs another strong player they look worse.  When strong players play @#$% players they always look good.  Just look at any pro sport or anything.  In MLB batters look like clueless little league hitters when up against good pitching but put them in college or high school level pitching and they smash homers every time like batting practice.

... dude ...

Many of us here have competitive CS backgrounds.  That's nothing special.  Just gets old when people flaunt it like it means something.

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #29 on: 07:35 AM - 08/02/11 »
ya, i use to play competitive CS, DoD, UT2k3/ut2k4, TF2 and all - i'm sure most of us know the difference between competitive play and pub play and we choose to mostly just have fun in pub play.  if you're thinking about competitive play - go sign up @ www.cagleague.com - it's new, but growing and needs player input.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Admin