XIM Community

Xbox 360 --> Benq G2420HD  (Read 853 times)

Offline chaz84

• View Profile
Xbox 360 --> Benq G2420HD
« on: 11:26 AM - 07/28/11 »
Hey lads!

Since i got my xim3 i feel the need to connect my box to my computer moniter.
The xbox is set to 1080P been trying 720P to, colors to extended and the other thing at auto.
On the moniter is set to dynamic, been testng other setups to but looks worse.

But the quality on the moniter is @#$%.

Pc to the moniter looks great.
Xbox to my TV looks great..

So were did it go wrong? Tv is 46'' and the moniter 24'' dont get how the quality can be this bad on a smaller wide.
I have google the problem and someone said that it could be an scaling problem on the Benq, saying that you should try and hdmi to dvi converter?

any of you have any experience in this??

sorry for my bad grammar !!

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 --> Benq G2420HD
« Reply #1 on: 11:30 AM - 07/28/11 »
Try changing settings in the monitor.. turn off special processing effects like dynamic contrast, and look for scaling options, like 1:1 or actual pixels. 

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #2 on: 12:46 PM - 07/28/11 »
What cabling are you using? HDMI, VGA or Component? My pc monitor when using hdmi looked like poopoo but fine on the tv. I switched out for a DIY VGA cable and bam! Instant clarity. Here's the link I used to make my own cable. I didn't feel like spending $40 at best buy.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/14/how-to-turn-a-standard-xbox-360-video-cable-into-a-vga-cable-fo/

I didn't use the project box in the tutorial (just handy for pinouts) as I'm using optical audio, and just modified the standard xbox component/video cable with a vga cable.
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline chaz84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:12 PM - 07/28/11 »
Atm im using a hdmi cable, was thinking of getting a dvi top and test that. But can a vga be better also?? Isent that analog??