XIM Community

BLOPS Standard Config  (Read 2195 times)

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
BLOPS Standard Config
« on: 04:00 AM - 08/25/11 »
Can anyone send me a standard config they use for BLOPS- Or give me a link to a config list- or something?

BLOPS Deadzone is 6650 - and the shape is square?  What else do I need to know?

I am just trying to get past the "Aim Slow Down box"

Using MW ST at 15/16
« Last Edit: 04:15 AM - 08/25/11 by sbc2k1 »
BFH

Offline Passkes

• View Profile
Re: BLOPS Standard Config
« Reply #1 on: 04:39 AM - 08/25/11 »
Can anyone send me a standard config they use for BLOPS- Or give me a link to a config list- or something?

BLOPS Deadzone is 6650 - and the shape is square?  What else do I need to know?

I am just trying to get past the "Aim Slow Down box"

Using MW ST at 15/16

The shape is circular
Deadzone movement to left / right is 6650
Deadzone movement up / down is 6750

Xmarket.tk - The Unofficial XIM users market

XIM3 || 46" Samsung C7700 3D LED TV
SteelSeries Merc Stealth keyboard || Belkin N52te Nostromo keypad
Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Mouse || Razer Goliathus Control Limited Edition Mousemat
Turtle Beach PX5 Headset || Razer Onza TE Controller
Hauppauge 1256 HD PVR

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:11 AM - 08/26/11 »
I am only able to enter one deadzone setting. There is no up/down left/right?

xim3
BFH

Offline Passkes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:13 AM - 08/26/11 »
I am only able to enter one deadzone setting. There is no up/down left/right?

xim3

Hey sbc2k1,

You can indeed only enter 1 deadzone and the type of deadzone.
All I was saying was that Blops doesn`t have a square nor circular deadzone, but instead has a oval deadzone.

Now the user: Threewheels has posted a very nice explanation about the use of the deadzone.
I`ll quote it here for you:

you may get different opinions on this, but I feel that it's always better to use the larger number. The deadzone is not always a perfect circle, so if you use the lowest number, there may be some areas in other parts of the grid that lie inside the deadzone area.  So a very small movement might not get picked up.  I usually like to find the deadzone, and then add a couple hundred points to it, just to make sure any small mouse movement is picked up.

the first part of movement outside the game deadzone is extremely slow - much slower than any motion you'd be making with the mouse, so even at 500 over, you will have slow precise movement. 

The higher the XIM DZ, the higher your minimum range of speed.  Higher sens players like higher DZ settings because movement starts out faster.  I'm a medium sens player and found a DZ of 8000 in BO to work well for me.  So getting your DZ setting right on the game's DZ isn't important IMO.. you just need to make sure your setting is larger than the game's to capture all mouse movement.   

Most likely, you'll end up with a DZ that is hundreds or even 1000+ points higher than what the game's DZ is.   

EDIT:

here's a little pic I made to demonstrate.  The red area is the GAME deadzone.  NO movement occurs within that area.  notice how it's slightly lower on the X axis than on the Y axis.. if you use the lower setting for the XIM deadzone (see the black circle), you won't pick up small mouse movements on the Y axis.. By using a larger setting (blue circle), you will ensure that all mouse movement is registered in the game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to threewheels!

I hope this explains to you how to work with the deadzone and so setup your own "best" deadzone.
You should setup a circular deadzone for Blops

Xmarket.tk - The Unofficial XIM users market

XIM3 || 46" Samsung C7700 3D LED TV
SteelSeries Merc Stealth keyboard || Belkin N52te Nostromo keypad
Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Mouse || Razer Goliathus Control Limited Edition Mousemat
Turtle Beach PX5 Headset || Razer Onza TE Controller
Hauppauge 1256 HD PVR