XIM Community

XIMTweak  (Read 41657 times)

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIMTweak
« Reply #135 on: 02:10 AM - 03/10/09 »
Hey, I know the programme is being superceded but I have a couple of quick questions which I felt would be best in here rather than a new thread.

Is the aim to draw the tightest circle possible or is size irrelevant so long as it draws a perfect circle?

And should the circles go over each other? Sometimes depending on the values I have in, it will be drawing a circle and then shoot off left/right to draw a smaller circle before drawing the bigger one again? I hope this makes sense! Thanks for the help, just want to make sure I'm using the programme correctly.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #136 on: 07:45 AM - 03/10/09 »
It should be a smooth circle that never shoots off anywhere and continues to draw right on top of itself, over, and over.  Size and speed of the drawing is a preference of the user.

The idea is that once you get a shape, size, and speed that you think "feels good" in one game, to try and reproduce that same shape, size, and speed in every other game.

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 08:37 AM - 03/10/09 »
Thanks Tonester. I changed the values until it was drawing as smooth as I could get it. But that's not saying alot!

For my own knowledge, what causes the circle movement to wander? Is it a particular field being out of sync or a combination of a few?

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 09:13 AM - 03/10/09 »
Thanks Tonester. I changed the values until it was drawing as smooth as I could get it. But that's not saying alot!

For my own knowledge, what causes the circle movement to wander? Is it a particular field being out of sync or a combination of a few?

From the sounds of it, looks like you're tweaking your config for Halo 3. If that is the case, then the explanation is that, Halo has a sort of assisted aim/targeting built in. It can't be turned off unfortunately. This will cause the cursor to wander a bit. Remember to play with your updaterate too. At the right updaterate, it seems to cause less "wander" of the cursor (based on what I've observed from tweaking in Halo).
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb" - Dark Helmet

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 09:43 AM - 03/10/09 »
Thanks Snow. Yeah it's halo I'm currently tweaking.

Really need to learn the game now. Aim is getting used to the xim ok but I just don't know the maps or danger spots. I'm basically running about looking for opponents and then hoping I can snap my aim to them before they killed me, as invariably they will have seen me first!

Also just started straight into the Swat mode, little extreme but I prefer the game type. Problem being that the playlist is generally comprised of experienced players who play that mode for something different. So they invariably have me spotted before I do them and in Swat you don't get a lot of time to snap your aim to them before you catch a BR round to the head.

I'll keep going and try to refine my config some more! 

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 11:32 AM - 03/10/09 »
Thanks Snow. Yeah it's halo I'm currently tweaking.

Really need to learn the game now. Aim is getting used to the xim ok but I just don't know the maps or danger spots. I'm basically running about looking for opponents and then hoping I can snap my aim to them before they killed me, as invariably they will have seen me first!

Also just started straight into the Swat mode, little extreme but I prefer the game type. Problem being that the playlist is generally comprised of experienced players who play that mode for something different. So they invariably have me spotted before I do them and in Swat you don't get a lot of time to snap your aim to them before you catch a BR round to the head.

I'll keep going and try to refine my config some more! 

Start up some multiplayer games on private setting, so that you're the only one on the map the whole time, then get a vehicle and explore around. A good little tip is to go to Bungie.net and look up "heat maps". These maps will indicate where the majority of fighting/dying takes place. You can tell right away, where it's dangerous. They also show commonly used routes by players. All of Halo's map designs were aided by in house playtesting and psychological study of players (playtesters) behaviors and pathfinding, believe it or not. Pretty fancy shmancy and a little on the scary/creepy side (from what I read about it in a Wired article).

Let us know what config you finally come up with after Tweaking and how much your cursor wanders (if it's still bad or minimal).
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb" - Dark Helmet

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #141 on: 01:17 PM - 03/10/09 »
Hey, I know the programme is being superceded...<snip>

is it?  what's the name of the new one? where can we download it?

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 03:57 PM - 03/10/09 »

When it's ready, it's ready.  That's how these things work.

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #143 on: 04:29 PM - 03/10/09 »

When it's ready, it's ready.  That's how these things work.

oh yeah, I know, I just hadn't heard about anything before I read that other post.  is it something you're involved with? any dish yet?

Offline frogstomper

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 05:15 AM - 04/09/09 »
Sorry, am I missing something? Where can I download XIMTweak ?

Offline Tarun

• MVP
  • Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 05:34 AM - 04/09/09 »
Sorry, am I missing something? Where can I download XIMTweak ?

Go to page 3 of this thread and its OBsIV third post, which has a zip file attachment

hope that helps

Offline Gekkebelg

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 03:20 AM - 04/15/09 »
This is pretty intriguing OBsIV.

My question is, will it learn look mechanics through a player's manipulation or via some sort of automated input and response mechanism?  If it's going to learn the look mechanics of a game then there's got to be some way for the application to see what's happening on screen in order to manipulate the various values associated with look calculation and translation.  I'm very curious to see how you'd implement this from a logistical stand point since my programming experience is essentially none.

if thats the case i have some experience in scanning a screen iamge line by line. (did it once with a camera that had to locate a white line) After scanning its also possible to substract colors, witch can be converted to movement...

yust in case, Mitch

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 08:56 AM - 02/25/10 »
any chance of getting something like this for us lowly XIM users for ps3??
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III