XIM Community

[XIM2] xEmulate - New Version  (Read 24808 times)

Offline nutop

• View Profile
Re: New Version.
« Reply #105 on: 01:30 PM - 09/10/09 »
Does anyone have an example of a joystick config they are using for aircraft in BF1943?  I have a Saitek Cyborg that i really want to use for this game, but i'm completely lost on how to map it properly.

Offline axiovertex

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 11:15 AM - 09/14/09 »
I was having a really annoying and weird problem. When I ran the application, I simply got a "xEmulate has stopped working" message. I had XNA and .Net 3.5 (I am a C# developer), so I was confused as to what the problem could be. I ran in it Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode since I have Windows 7, but it didn't help. Since I downloaded the source code earlier, I decided to fire up VS 2008 and attach the debugger. I attemped to build the solution, but it wouldn't even compile. It said I was missing Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, which was odd since that assembly was already located in the folder that was distributed with xEmulate. I removed the reference and added a reference to the one included with xEmulate. This allowed it to compile. Problem solved? Nope.

When I executed the application from within Visual Studio, the debugger said that the RectangleShape control was not contained in Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs. This confused me... a lot. The assembly I was referencing did include that control, but for some reason, it wasn't finding it in the designer or during runtime, but it is found in the code view and when it's being compiled.

I Googled a Visual Studio Power Pack install. This led to an another headache. Since I use IE8, which oddly doesn't save your tabs when you exit, I have been setting my PC to hibernate instead of shutdown. After a month or so of doing this, and running hundreds of applications over that time period, I guess memory leaks accumulated and the Microsoft Installer was not installing correctly. Finally, I gave in and restarted my computer to clear my RAM. After the restart, I ran the install again. This time, it successfully installed. I opened Visual Studio, removed the current references, added the new ones, compiled, and boom! Success. I can now run the version built from source and the one from the xEmulate installer.

Summary: If xEmulate "stops working" on startup, try installing the Power Packs.

On to another topic: do you plan on adding a plug-in engine to xEmulate? I would love to code some C# plug-ins. C# macros would be very powerful.

Until then, I will be modifying (hacking) the xEmulate source to support my macros :).

Offline thegame1594

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 11:07 AM - 12/03/09 »
nice little programm here! tried it with ut3 but the mousewheel settings doesn't work have set the mouse wheel to change weapons!

edit:1
i have test the easy setup.exe now and after 2 days it installed the programm WOW!!!. And it doesn't find the XIMCalibrate.ini.After the first 100 installations the program everytime crashed so i thought ok just install old versions. And after that the new ones again. It worked!! and after that i found out wow the easy setup work's now and it realy work's without error's. And now oh sorry but i can't find the XIMCalibrate.ini so you can't play again :D . And there is no folder where this @#$% is running of from the new version. Hello i want a standalone working program without error's thank you!!!!

edit2:
wow i got it to work and found the folder so i copied the XIMCalibrate.ini over. Now the funny thing is if you start the same programm over the folder it shows version 1.2.8.26 but if you go to start it normaly from start-->all programs-->xemulate it shows version nummber 1.2.8.33 :D so what's the diffrenz? because that are the same files the program uses :D
« Last Edit: 05:21 PM - 12/06/09 by thegame1594 »

Offline GenericIV

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 08:37 AM - 05/14/11 »
hey xod can you help me out with a rapid fire for halo 3

Yea halo3 is a tricky lil @#$%.  I was playing single player with rapid fire and it was working great, i switched to live and it wasnt working so i think there is some anti-rapid fire logic built into the game when your on xbox live.  I'll have to look into adding a timed delay so you can set a custom rate to rapid fire. 

As far as toggling it on and off... this would be my suggestion:

bind d7 echo Rapid Fire ON!;bind mouseleft *righttrigger 60
bind d8 echo Rapid Fire OFF!;bind mouseleft .righttrigger 60

With these 2 binds, when you hit 7 it will bind your mouseleft to rapid fire, when you hit 8 it will bind your mouseleft to just hold down the trigger.

N.B. this will only work with the v1.02.04 or later, cuz i fixed a few bugs there :)

The 60 at the end is the delay, this can be used to "fix" certain games that dont like really fast rapid fire.

How can i bind it to two keys instead of just righttrigger because i use that for prone to