XIM Community

Dual headset input on the Tritton AX720  (Read 9765 times)

Offline thegurujim

• View Profile
Dual headset input on the Tritton AX720
« on: 11:27 AM - 06/22/11 »
Ok, so the AX720 and AXPro amps have a second port for another headset.  My question is does the mic audio on one headset get sent to the other headset and vice versa?

I only have one headset and I'm not about to spend another $$$ to find out, since no one I know that lives close to me has one.

I've talked to someone in their tech support.  He asked me if I was on PS3 or 360 (which I wouldn't think matters).  He then went on to say they did try this and it worked a couple days ago...but can I really trust him that he really knows the product, especially since he didn't sound too sure after I asked the question.

All I really want to do is use the second headset mic input to inject my own audio, and allow me to hear it too, for my parties pleasure.   I've put together my own passive mixer to allow me to inject audio but when I plug in the second audio source it overrides my mic audio and my party can't hear me anymore, just the injected audio.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Dual headset input on the Tritton AX720
« Reply #1 on: 03:10 PM - 06/22/11 »
yes it does, that was the reason for why they did that

get people to buy a second pair of 720/pro cause the euro-pin cable headsets are incredibly rare and there are no adapters that allow you to plugin a different one
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline thegurujim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:45 PM - 06/22/11 »
The headset plugin format, while rather uncommon for headset use as far as I can tell, is a standard PS/2 cable connector.  That's why you can get an off the shelf PS/2 extension cable and extend the range of the AX720 and AXPro at least 25 feet.  I have a different post in the XIM3 discussion thread where I say I've done this.

Have you hooked two headsets up to the amp and tried it, or know of someone second hand that has?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:04 PM - 06/22/11 »
i have a headset that has exactly the same cable plug, a ps2 doesnt work cause its pins are not exactly the way a euro mini din 9 pin cable is made

here the pics

ps2

9 pin mini din

believe me i searched hours over hours to find adapters that let you do optical-mini din or other things, but it just doesnt exist
its a quite good idea by tritton to use this one
barely no other headset has this cable thus its only possible to use the tritton ones
this plug allows full 5.1 sound and there are no adapters :S

about the two headsets:
the official page of tritton says its possible to hook up 2 headsets, eg when a friend is coming by
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline thegurujim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:17 PM - 06/22/11 »
The Tritton AX720 headset I have has standard PS/2 connectors.  What headset do you have?

Offline thegurujim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:27 PM - 06/22/11 »
Did some looking around.  It looks like you are talking about the AXPro headset connector.  The 720s have the standard PS/2 type connector whereas the Pros (more channels needed) has a 9 pin mini din like you said.  9pin mini din is a standard connector too.  Sure, you can't buy an off the shelf headset that has that type of connector on it but nothing is stopping you from getting a 9ping mini din shell and hacking apart the new headset cord and soldering it to the mini din connector.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:49 PM - 06/22/11 »
oh my bad then, thought they have the same connector

the official page only says something about the pro allowing you to hear with two headsets, cannot say anything confirmed about the 720 then

Admin