Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • CaptSackJparrow's YouTube
  • Gamertag: CaptSackJparrow
Re: XIM3
« Reply #15 on: 06:03 AM - 06/24/11 »
Your cameronnewton02? LOL

I played in a game against you one day, and I was talking crap after I shot you a few times.
 lol didn't realize you were a XIM player

haha. Yep, that's me. Finally got around to changing my gamertag. I hope you didn't take the raping personally.  ;) Kidding. Our team probably was raped in that game.
Don't put down the bottle... just tape it to the back of the shield and put a straw in it.  WIN!

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #16 on: 10:20 AM - 06/24/11 »
Haha, nah. I think your kills were in the 30's and mine were too. We were both top score for our teams. I tried playing a little mental game by talking a little smack... but you never responded lol.

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:36 AM - 06/24/11 »
Haha, nah. I think your kills were in the 30's and mine were too. We were both top score for our teams. I tried playing a little mental game by talking a little smack... but you never responded lol.

lmao, I usually respond pretty well to those. I may have been in a party. Add me on xbox
Don't put down the bottle... just tape it to the back of the shield and put a straw in it.  WIN!

Offline satisfieduser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: StealthHunting
« Reply #18 on: 08:32 PM - 06/25/11 »
I was just thinkng... To make it fel more like pc, maybe Obsiv could add a speed multiplier based on the percentage of the speed at which you are moving the player on the screen.  It might sound kind of confusing, but i'll put it this way:  move the mouse one in./second, screen moves one inch.  Move the mouse 2 in./second, screen moves 2.5 inches. Or, to make it more clear, think of it this way:  the actual speed of the player on the screen is equal to the sensitivity squared. (an extreme case) That way, you coow sensitivity for precision, while still being able to make uber-fast 360's and 180's. ( like you can on pc)
Hope this helps,
Satisfieduser

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06:30 AM - 06/27/11 »
I was just thinkng... To make it fel more like pc, maybe Obsiv could add a speed multiplier based on the percentage of the speed at which you are moving the player on the screen.  It might sound kind of confusing, but i'll put it this way:  move the mouse one in./second, screen moves one inch.  Move the mouse 2 in./second, screen moves 2.5 inches. Or, to make it more clear, think of it this way:  the actual speed of the player on the screen is equal to the sensitivity squared. (an extreme case) That way, you coow sensitivity for precision, while still being able to make uber-fast 360's and 180's. ( like you can on pc)
Hope this helps,
Satisfieduser

I think that is a great idea not sure how easy this would be to program or if it would be possible. Almost like an exponential curve.

Offline satisfieduser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: StealthHunting
« Reply #20 on: 08:26 AM - 06/27/11 »
@CaptSackJparrow   yes.  Im not a math or tech wiz, but thats exactly what im saying.  thats what i experienced on the pc, and it definitely works REALLY well.  Aiming was times times easier and felt more natural.   You're right though, we dont know how hard it would be to program it into the already complicated ST's.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 09:04 AM - 06/27/11 »
This is what Acceleration does -- available through Smart Advanced. More here: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=12687.0
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #22 on: 09:17 AM - 06/27/11 »
This is what Acceleration does -- available through Smart Advanced. More here: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=12687.0

i was gonna say that the other day, but i wasn't sure and didn't want to be wrong and look like a @#$%... at least that reassures me i'm not a @#$%, lol.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11:54 AM - 06/27/11 »
Awesome. Thanks guys. I'm definitely going to play with this tonight as I haven't tried customizing anything yet with XIM3.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #24 on: 12:26 PM - 06/27/11 »
I do recommend using regular Smart (not Smart Advanced) if you can.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07:13 AM - 06/28/11 »
I do recommend using regular Smart (not Smart Advanced) if you can.

Thanks obsiv. I gave it a shot last night and added a little acceleration and smoothness. I can now do pretty good 360 shots. Well, it worked ok on the combat training bots. Didn't try it yet online. lol