XIM Community

Bf3, moose, PC and the frostbite engine...  (Read 5132 times)

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
Re: Bf3, moose, PC and the frostbite engine...
« Reply #15 on: 01:44 PM - 06/09/11 »
This thread makes me sad. Kind of destroying the purpose of xim.

:( we are a community of kbm players who own xboxes... Most of us came from PC and still own one.. The reality is that bf3 will be better on PC.. I will still be ximming for mw3 and other games.. Just looking to bone up on the frostbite engine and the look/feel they have so I'm not lost when I get bf3...

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
« Reply #16 on: 02:46 PM - 06/09/11 »
I'll start being on around saturday tomorrow, since there's dedicated servers it shouldn't be too bad lol.
At any rate, I spam Medic like no one's business, and from what I hear I'm a fairly good one. (I get lots of, OH @#$% THE MEDIC IS DOING MEDIC @#$%)

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #17 on: 03:10 PM - 06/09/11 »
Is BF3 going to hit the competitive scene or no?

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #18 on: 04:21 PM - 06/09/11 »
I would think so. People still play bf2 because its still a fun game to play.
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline Jehlybean

• Get camped on.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jehlybean
  • PSN ID: ImNix
« Reply #19 on: 10:08 PM - 06/09/11 »
moose, im completely down with this.  i have my bf3 rig planned and ready and in my cart.  just kinda hesitating due to the fact i dont know what the minimum specs are :(  do you have any idea what the requirements are?

6 Year old G15 and G5.
360 on a Diet.
Astro A40 with the 5.8 Mixamp.

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06:26 AM - 06/10/11 »
Ya it's all over the net now.. Tey announced the specs at e3 I believe.. Pretty much what's needed to run bc2 at max will run bf3 on minimum?

On a side note WOW DO I SUCK AT BC2

Like seriously ... I need squadmates.. Maybe I need to NOT play rush alone against level 50s with instakill mod m14s and POW UR DEAd QTF?!?

Which I guess was exactly my point in doing this....

Sigh
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #21 on: 08:11 AM - 06/10/11 »
Wouldn't it be better to fire BF2 on the PC moosy?

You'd prolly get more players from here to join you and it should also be more BF3-like.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #22 on: 08:46 AM - 06/10/11 »
I would think so. People still play bf2 because its still a fun game to play.
Fun vs Competitive..big difference...

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:00 AM - 06/10/11 »
No PC till October... And the point was to get used to the frostbite engine.. Read NOOBIE

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hai iRnewHERE
« Reply #24 on: 10:09 AM - 06/10/11 »
Ya it's all over the net now.. Tey announced the specs at e3 I believe.. Pretty much what's needed to run bc2 at max will run bf3 on minimum?

Like seriously ... I need squadmates.. Maybe I need to NOT play rush alone against level 50s with instakill mod m14s and POW UR DEAd QTF?!?

Sigh

Rush is all about TECHNIQUE!!!!    @#$% man, I wish I could be on earlier so we could squad up. 

The trick about rush is that you DON'T just rush in, gotta scout that @#$% out, create diversions, arm the MCOM then set up ambushes and lay booby traps for the dis-armers.   Basically when you arm that MCOM it becomes your base to defend.

I'm so frustrated that our gaming times are so far off.

edit: Just uploaded a small clip of my game play for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xomZV2Lp53I (youtube butchered the quality, sorry)

Notice how I infiltrate the enemy area, get an idea of my surroundings(enemies), wait for squad mates to spawn then sweep back towards the MCOM and arm.  Once it's armed I go on full defense until it's destroyed.   I pretty much dominate every round as attacker with this tactic.

« Last Edit: 10:50 AM - 06/10/11 by Hai iRnewHERE »

Offline Jehlybean

• Get camped on.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jehlybean
  • PSN ID: ImNix
« Reply #25 on: 10:34 AM - 06/10/11 »

Sigh

Rush is all about TECHNIQUE!!!!    @#$% man, I wish I could be on earlier so we could squad up. 

The trick about rush is that you DON'T just rush in, gotta scout that @#$% out, create diversions, arm the MCOM then set up ambushes and lay booby traps for the dis-armers.   Basically when you arm that MCOM it becomes your base to defend.

Hai. You gonna be on tonight? GF will be at work all night. We should squad up.

6 Year old G15 and G5.
360 on a Diet.
Astro A40 with the 5.8 Mixamp.

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10:46 AM - 06/10/11 »
I'll be drinking til rather late... Then I'll probably have to screw the wife into submission before she will let me get online... But yea shouldn't be an issue.. Proly not before 11 EST tho..

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #27 on: 10:57 AM - 06/10/11 »
I'll be drinking til rather late... Then I'll probably have to screw the wife into submission before she will let me get online... But yea shouldn't be an issue.. Proly not before 11 EST tho..

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #28 on: 11:09 AM - 06/10/11 »
If you have BF2, download Project Reality. PR mod is awesome and it comes with some insanely huge maps. Fallujah is like 4 square miles haha. Add that with 128 players, jets, choppers, etc and you have some insane fun. It seems very realistic though. The commanders and squad leaders get into it... if you don't play by the rules you get kicked off the server.

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hai iRnewHERE
« Reply #29 on: 01:43 PM - 06/10/11 »

Sigh

Hai. You gonna be on tonight? GF will be at work all night. We should squad up.

I never know man, I never know.   

I'm on every night I can get away with it, as you heard last time it's hard with the chitlens.

Did you see that game play clip I posted above?