XIM Community

Controller is better than mouse on a pc.  (Read 1886 times)

Offline SecondSight

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Second Sight 07
Controller is better than mouse on a pc.
« on: 11:58 AM - 06/29/11 »
Came across this video today while I was just randomly flicking through gaming videos and I found someone who prefers to use an xbox 360 controller to play pc fps..... @#$% right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J14qhRRqOI&feature=related

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • CaptSackJparrow's YouTube
  • Gamertag: CaptSackJparrow
Re: Controller is better than mouse on a pc.
« Reply #1 on: 12:19 PM - 06/29/11 »
Wow, he is such a beast with that thing...  ;D
Don't put down the bottle... just tape it to the back of the shield and put a straw in it.  WIN!

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
« Reply #2 on: 12:36 PM - 06/29/11 »
CoD doesn't really care about headshots so yeah I can see someone liking the controller. I had my friend try FFA 18 Nuketown with his DS3 and he didn't die more than I'd expect an inexperienced player to. He was at a bit of a disadvantage in turn speed and reflexive aiming speed, yes, but he's a camper. Campers don't really need those.

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #3 on: 08:25 PM - 06/29/11 »
Sensationalist titles also help out the views. The other day I saw a "best snipe ever" or something video with over a million views and was like oh man this is going to be great. Needless to say @#$% sucked.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:57 PM - 06/29/11 »
joysticks are better suited for certain things. especially driving, flying, steering.

whatever floats someone's boat. if they like it that's fine. i still remember around 95-97, there were still as many joystick users as mouse users with each side as vocal as the other.

unlike now, everything was cyclical. at that time, flight sims absolutely dominated PC gaming. then RTS's had their day, then FPS's, then RTS's again, etc.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline D4Nz88

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:22 AM - 06/30/11 »
if u read what he says at the end he even says K/M is better, this vid is just to show that u CAN if u want use a controller on the PC.

The comments u want to read are from Spartan117FS the guy is clueless as @#$%, making afew vids with him on crysis 2 against PC players with a controller and thinks he is proving something :S
« Last Edit: 12:35 PM - 07/15/11 by D4Nz88 »
My Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyKurt?feature=mhum

http://tinypic.com/r/14npjjd/5 ---- My current Black ops stats. ( 5.03 K/D )