XIM Community

Mod: use M$ Wireless transmitter on Mixamp  (Read 13938 times)

Offline thekeeper

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PrimaBase
Re: Mod: use M$ Wireless transmitter on Mixamp
« Reply #45 on: 10:29 AM - 05/19/11 »
Guys, I have a problem.

I bought a wireless headset, soldered PERFECTLY the wires as shown in the Roads picture with the mixamp cable. The wires are not touching togheter, are all separate.

I left the battery, no diode or whatever, but there are 2 things that I'm not sure are good:

1) When I turn ON or OFF the wireless headset, I get a sound noise like of a "spark" in the headset of the mixamp(hope you understand what I mean)... is that normal?

2) The wireless headset gets hot. Don't know how much, it seems like 40 C... but it is powered with the standard battery... why in the world it gets hot? Is it normal?

Thanks. (By the way I modded the razer Nostromo, it works perfectly, thanks everyone - Roads in particular :) )
XIM3 Current Set:
- Logitech G9X - Razer Nostromo (Modded Analog)
- Puretrak Talent - Panasonic 50GT60

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 06:28 PM - 05/19/11 »
Do you have any solder splashes that may have bridged something together on the board?
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline PSIONUK

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PSIONUK
« Reply #47 on: 03:59 PM - 05/22/11 »
I have done the mod today and my headset is getting very hot too... I'm using the battery.

Could this be due to power to the, now removed, electret microphone being partially shorted by connecting to the mixamp/headphones instead?

Quality of Sound is great... better than the wired in my opinion.

Offline thekeeper

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PrimaBase
« Reply #48 on: 04:28 PM - 05/22/11 »
Do you have any solder splashes that may have bridged something together on the board?

Sorry, I had little time to come here in the last 2 days.

Well, I checked but there aren't splashes on the board :/
Don't know what to think....
XIM3 Current Set:
- Logitech G9X - Razer Nostromo (Modded Analog)
- Puretrak Talent - Panasonic 50GT60

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10:01 PM - 05/22/11 »
Guys, I have a problem.

I bought a wireless headset, soldered PERFECTLY the wires as shown in the Roads picture with the mixamp cable. The wires are not touching togheter, are all separate.

I left the battery, no diode or whatever, but there are 2 things that I'm not sure are good:

1) When I turn ON or OFF the wireless headset, I get a sound noise like of a "spark" in the headset of the mixamp(hope you understand what I mean)... is that normal?

2) The wireless headset gets hot. Don't know how much, it seems like 40 C... but it is powered with the standard battery... why in the world it gets hot? Is it normal?

Thanks. (By the way I modded the razer Nostromo, it works perfectly, thanks everyone - Roads in particular :) )

1) yes the noise is normal it also happens when you press + or - on the headset. Its the headset feedback sound.
2) 40-50 is completely normal, if you use the battery you should be safe.

I stopped using this mod as I was not able to make the voices loud enough with the mixamp.
Crusade atm: none

Offline PSIONUK

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PSIONUK
« Reply #50 on: 05:43 AM - 05/23/11 »
I'm plugging the wireless headset into a mixing desk so my wiring is different.

BUT the hot headset is definitely NOT NORMAL and it only occurs when the MIC cable is connected.

The MIC cable is poviding 1.5V to power the inbuilt MIC could we use a DIODE to issolate this?