XIM Community

8 Step PS3 - XIM1 Guide <--- Updated links and pic Mar, 10 /2010  (Read 39341 times)

Offline StevenL

• View Profile
Hi guys :)

I'm a bit confused about one thing. Do I need to have the XIM connected to a PC at all times? or only when I configure it ???

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
All times.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline StevenL

• View Profile
Crap.. hmm I have to install Windows on the mac again  :'(

Offline Little_chilD

• View Profile
Hello everybody.

I tried this tuto and one of my xim seems to be working (i built two so i may have to resolder the other). I mean working as in the software detect it and shows the input on the screen.

But it doesn't work on the ps3. It tried everything but it doesn't work. The only thing i get is on MW2 a message saying that my pad is deconnected when i unplug the yobo, message that disappear if i recoonect it but no inputs work not even the "up + backspace".

Any idea ? Someone can tell me exactly how he make it work from running the software to making headshots (like 1-turn on the xim, 2-plug it, etc...)

Anyway thanks for all.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
With everything plugged in and turned off...

1)  Turn on PS3 by hand at the unit -- do not use controller
2)  Turn on PC
3)  Open XIM and launch via up/backspace if you have the Yobo (which you should have, since it rules....)

Works every time. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Little_chilD

• View Profile
With everything plugged in and turned off...

1)  Turn on PS3 by hand at the unit -- do not use controller
2)  Turn on PC
3)  Open XIM and launch via up/backspace if you have the Yobo (which you should have, since it rules....)

Works every time. 

Thanks man, it indeed worked. I feel so good now after the struggling with soldering and stuff. Thanks everyone :-D

Offline ChronixLeaf

• View Profile
Hi, Ive been searching for information on the XIM on Google and it directed me to this thread, I'm a total XIM noob and ive searched and learned as much as I could about the setup(i'm a ps3 user) and right now i'm using the Fragnstein but I get a lot of "dead zones" with it and even though it has greatly increased my accuracy from using the regular controller I am a PC gamer at heart and am use to FPS with mouse and keyboard. So I guess my question is while you're using the XIM and have it hooked up and have the software on, you use the mouse and keyboard from your computer correct?(the keyboard and mouse is connect to your pc) if so then that means your PS3 needs to be next to your computer/moniter and television? or could you use a wireless keyboard/mouse? I'm asking this because my tv and ps3 is in a different room than my computer. Did I get anything right or am I totally off and don't know what i'm talking about?

Sorry for being that guy with 1 post asking for information but ive searched and searched and could not find a answer to my question. Thanks for reading!!!

Offline pdogg6

• Southeast Gamer
    • View Profile
1st link no longer works...
RTR
Setup: PS4 - XIM Apex - G502 - Sony Nav.
PS4 Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdoggcss

Offline CoPilot_Recon

• View Profile
i have a ps2 to xbox 360 adaptor... will this work with my xbox 360?

Offline durgaprasadzone

• View Profile
    • SEO Freelancer
  • Gamertag: eee
  • PSN ID: ede
Thanks for sharing information. Actually I had also the same question in mind for a long time anyways you started this thread & I am so happy.

Admin