XIM Community

8 Step PS3 - XIM1 Guide <--- Updated links and pic Mar, 10 /2010  (Read 40718 times)

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
dam i tried to qoute both that dudes posts an it failed pasting the other epic fail  ;D

ive got the logic3 too ive done everything that dude did in the same order before i read his post an the did the same as what worked for him an still no go
am i ok to use the sony wireless as con2 i reset it as pad 2 b4 i try an connect to the pc+xim
xim installed fine loaded fine but said code 402 error but still confiqed an looked good to go
but i still cant connect. flashing 4 lights but the logic works with a ps2 pad

any ideas dudes is the xim faulty?

ive ennjoyed reading this forum some great info i hope im not being a pain

ants in your pants thanks in advance  :D
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline gerfle

• View Profile
Hello peeps, OP here, it's been a year to the day since I last updated this thread.. yikes  lol

Anyways I'm going to order the Yobo controller adapter to check to see if Sony's firmware updates still honor it then get back to you.
I haven't used my setup in a long time but I'm itch-en to get back into it.

I'll keep you guys posted.

FYI, I too have an old fragfx controller here but I haven't tried that system yet, time to hit the drawing board.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
I'm a yobo guy and still use my XIM 1 all the time...

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline gerfle

• View Profile
I'm a yobo guy and still use my XIM 1 all the time...

Awesome, thank you for the feedback. i just ordered a yobo from ebay.

Offline s7cn

• View Profile
Hello, Thanks Gerfle for the guide, I have recently purchased a XIM1 and have tried to get it to work on the PS3 Slim 250gb and need some help!

Firstly I've followed the guide but am a little bit confused on reassigning the controller? If I reassign the controller the MW2 simply says "please reconnect the controller".

Though even if the controller is connected as #1 I still cannot look around via mouse despite XIM software running?

Any ideas?
Thanks  :)

Offline gerfle

• View Profile
Did you try pulling the usb from the ps3 while everything is running then plug it back in again? and is your ps3 controller on as well?

Offline BimBilator

• View Profile
Hello all

First off thanks for the guide Gerfle.

I built my own XIM using OBsIV's guide and have a Venom adapter.

I copied all the files across and had a brief go last night it worked of a sort in MW2 I could shoot, reload etc. but not move with the mouse, I think I need to play around with the config a bit more when I get chance.

I was quite encouraged with my progress so far though!

I have a couple of little questions though.

Can anyone tell me what the ps3ximconfig.exe file is for? It doesn't run in Windows 7 it has some compatability error. It seems to open then close a dos box in XP.
The laptop I use for XIM runs XP. There is no mention of this program in the guide?

My other noobie question is basically round the config bit. Could you just confirm how the configs work.

I think that the default.xim is the config that gets loaded into the XIM.exe program and I'm guessing that you use ximconfig.exe program and the xim manager to swap the configs over?

Any info on the above would be appreciated.

Cheers

BimB

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
ps3ximconfig.exe is just a tweaked version of ximconfig.exe that shows ps3 buttons (sort of) rather than xbox buttons.
you don't need it.
yes, default.xim is what's loaded when xim.exe starts.
yes, use ximconfig.exe and manager to swap.

(btw, if you pretty much play cod4,5,6 or halo3 only, make that your default.xim file, obviously...)

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
In your step process you show a link on ebay for a xim 1 and a yobo together.  Then the next step is to buy a yobo.  So I need to buy one Xim 1 and two YOBOs?  What's up bro.

Offline BimBilator

• View Profile
Cheers for the reply slayersteve.

I havent had much chance to do any further testing but I think I get the main points now!

;D

Ta muchly

BimB

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
uber, just buy a cross battle adapter plus.
you don't need a xim1 and yobo for ps3

Offline gerfle

• View Profile
In your step process you show a link on ebay for a xim 1 and a yobo together.  Then the next step is to buy a yobo.  So I need to buy one Xim 1 and two YOBOs?  What's up bro.

Well before when I first started this thread, you could only buy the tool kit by it's self and the adapter by it's self, but after doing a little research in ebay. I see some one has the adapter and tool kit as a package which is great. So you get those and you can skip the section I had in there for adapters.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Yeah uber get the cross battle adapter it's only 60 dollars or so. Does anyone know if the cross battle caps your update rate?
« Last Edit: 08:28 AM - 03/11/10 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline gerfle

• View Profile
Yeah uber get the cross battle adapter it's only 60 dollars or so. Does anyone know if the cross battle caps your update rate?

I have no idea to be honest, I had just found out about it the other day.
« Last Edit: 08:29 AM - 03/11/10 by mist4fun »

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile

I have no idea to be honest, I had just found out about it the other day.
no idea either...
this actually doesn't have a thing to do with ps3/xim1 setups, but when I get back to my gear on sunday or monday I'll run the default xim s/w and check (I don't use it, use xEmulate but it doesn't show update rate while playing)

Uber has xim2/xba+ now though and he does use default s/w I think, so maybe he can post that here or in one of his other threads and give us the 411.

Admin