XIM Community

8 Step PS3 - XIM1 Guide <--- Updated links and pic Mar, 10 /2010  (Read 40722 times)

Offline Citationpilot

• View Profile
Awesome guide gerfle!

I ordered a prebuilt XIM off of ebay today.  Looking forward to some fragging when it arrives.

Offline gerfle

• View Profile
Awesome guide gerfle!

I ordered a prebuilt XIM off of ebay today.  Looking forward to some fragging when it arrives.

Awesome man, it's well worth the money.
Happy Fragging Bro!

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
I am really tempted to buy one of these Xim's for my ps3.
As i play'd cod4 / cs / css / cod2 / on pc quite alot....

But my pc has packed in and i have heard good and bad things about these Xims.

All i want to know is how close to Keyboard & mouse does it feel on call of duty 4.
I mean i am really good with controller. But 1000x better with KB&M

But i live in england & to buy a Xim is say 45 and then 20 shipping so 65 for me is alot of money to spend on a gadget that may or may not perform.

Can anyone help me out with this!

And proof does it work alot better than the Smart Joy Frag.
I tryed this once on cod4 & 5 /epic fail
And i was tweaking it for hours but unless i had the sensitivity on 1 or 2
(which made it impossible to turn without picking up and moving the mouse like 3 or 4 times)
Then the aiming was amazingly inacurate
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline gerfle

• View Profile
Hello and welcome..

Now I have no idea if this works better then the next setup but i will tell you that I have been a PC gamer from the very get go and it is no different in terms of sensitivity and speed. I get around 63 updates per second and it works fine.

just to let you know tho, the last patch 2.70 really screwed things up for us here, because once you update your ps3 , it will no longer have controller adapter support, for some reason it freezes the ps3 machine once plugged into the usb port. A lot of people are experiencing the same thing at the moment. So until Sony fixes the problem I / we can't use our setup to play games. Now remember I'm speaking on behalf of people and myself that use TAC adapters.
I'm not sure if others out there are experiencing the same deal.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
I hear from a friend about this problem.
He said the only reason why any adapters are not working after the update,
Is because people had the adaptors pluged in while the update was installing,
So is made the adaptor faulty.

The point being that if it wasn't pulged in while the update was installing then it would still be working.

I dont know if this is true but it sounds promissing.

Offline gerfle

• View Profile
Well Yobo adapters work and some other kind that I can't remember the name of.

Offline scam3r

• View Profile
I know this might sound strange, but it's the ulitimte setup for the PS3, but i use the left Nunchuck of a FragFX, with PS3 controller software on my laptop.  The PS3 controller software is mapped to keys using Joy2key.  This was i get the beauty of the mouse, with the Ananloge left controller.  I use XAE-UE as the XIM software, as this supports left analogue input.

As many of you have come from using a FragFX (and find it a dissapointment, and badly built), may as well put it to good use.  As there isn't any Nunchuck controller yet for the PC, with enough buttons....

whoa. hey, that's exactly what I want to do.
where do I d/l the software/drivers from for this???

All you need to do is get hold of the PS3 driver (free download from the net)(Win32 only, doesn't work with 64bit windows), as this allows a PS3 controller to be used with a PC, this will then allow the FragFX to be used as the left stick, ignore the mouse part of the fragfx, leave it too one side.

I use a Habu mouse, as it has 7 buttons, and all the buttons are configuratble.

Use a progam called Joy2key on the PC to translate the PS3 Controller buttons to keys to work with XAE-ME.

As XAE-ME will recognise the PS3 driver as a anologue stick, so it will work perfectly.  Just need to translate the Dpad, L1, L2 L3 Select & Start buttons to keys.

Easy as that... just takes a little time to configure, once configured its a sweet setup, much better than WASD

If u have any questions, let me know, and i will see if i can help.

Laterz

Scam

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
Question how do you get the XAE-UE to work... i try to register the dlls and keeps saying something about dx7v or something...

please help

Offline Irrelevant_Apple

• View Profile
Thanks HEAPS scam3r. Your info on using FragFX on XIM http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=531.msg7697#msg7697 was what I needed to set up just what I wanted.

I'm just holding the PS3 controller in my left hand, using JoyToKey to map the controller to keyboard and using XAE-ME to bind them to XIM with the analog stick function too.  I'm using a Logitech MX518 which I got for cheap with has enough buttons to map the right side of the gamepad to it.  On retrospect a Logi-G5 would have been slightly better with its left-right scroll buttons (for hard left/right macros).  

I've fully configured my setup for the BF:BC2 beta that's happening.  I'll post my config in a  respective thread to contribute back to the community.  

Offline ParkerLewis

• View Profile
Hi all,

I've just received my XIM1+adaptater (apparently the brand is "Logic3", it's what's written on the front anyway) from ebay (by freakstyler87) and done the eight steps described but can't seem to have any signal received by the PS3.

I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the fact that the setup isn't correctly recognized as a pad : the adaptater's 4 leds keep all blinking together (as if it wasn't assigned to any pad number). Is there a way to have it press its "PS button" ? I hoped it would be the "Guide" button on the Config software but it seems it didn't do anything either.

On a side note, the software from the opening post seems to work fine : it correctly detects the xim when it is plugged on the pc (and conversely, gives a warning if it isn't or if it gets disconnected). It also correctly records my mouse and keyboard inputs according to the config (i see the inputs appearing on the software's picture of an xbox pad).

I've tried unplugging and replugging it from the ps3, before or after launching the software on the pc, to no avail.

Unfortunately I have no ps2 pads to test the adapter alone, but I have some ps1 pads that I could have access to. (side question : in the case of those ps2 adapters, how are you supposed to press the PS button ? i mean, even when you use those adapters as intended ?)

Could anybody help me ?
« Last Edit: 05:09 PM - 01/18/10 by ParkerLewis »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure that up+backspace will count as a ps button press. Anyway most people use the yobo adapter, in the past other adapters stopped working as the ps3 firmware was upgraded. It would really help the situation if you could get your hands on a ps2 controller.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ParkerLewis

• View Profile
I'm pretty sure that up+backspace will count as a ps button press. Anyway most people use the yobo adapter, in the past other adapters stopped working as the ps3 firmware was upgraded. It would really help the situation if you could get your hands on a ps2 controller.

Thanks a lot, it worked.

That information should be added in the opening post somewhere, as it is quite a necessary one to get things working.

About the adapter : well, i use the one that i received :s I'm only getting 33 updates/sec but it still seems to run quite smoothly without any noticeable lag (although i had no time to test for more than a few seconds right now).

Will a Yobo provide more (60 updates/sec) ?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
yes
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
Yobo should deliver 60-63 consistently, depending on the build.  (I get 62.)  If you're getting less, something is wonky methinks. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
   i also get this problem ive done what you said here Quote from: mist4fun on 05:12 PM - 01/18/10

Thanks a lot, it worked.

That information should be added in the opening post somewhere, as it is quite a necessary one to get things working.

About the adapter : well, i use the one that i received :s I'm only getting 33 updates/sec but it still seems to run quite smoothly without any noticeable lag (although i had no time to test for more than a few seconds right now).

Will a Yobo provide more (60 updates/sec) ? an still no joy i can confiq fine seems ok but cannot activate the ps button using up arrow + backspace i tried up with w + backspace
no joy here so far been at it for hours keep hitting a brickwall
says im getting 32fps an i can get the logic working fine with an old ps2 controller

xim.exe is saying code 402 or 420 or something an cannot connect to xim but it does work lets me confiq etc dunno whats going wrong ile try an find out now any help for a newbie would be priceless but thank in advance an i think its amazing what you guys have done i hope i can be part of it, at least its not as painful as my back im really suffering with it at the moment
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Admin