XIM Community

CODBO2 And 360 Need Help 1st timer...  (Read 2296 times)

Offline SiNiSt3R78

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SiNiSt3R78
CODBO2 And 360 Need Help 1st timer...
« on: 04:01 PM - 12/04/12 »
Ok here it goes...

Been a pc gamer since 2002. I purchased the edge to play on the 360. I have a couple I am sure noob questions.

I have the G500 and I installed software and increased X & Y to 5700dpi.
Increased Speed to 10 and Acceleration to 3. RPS is 500.

I also have a G15, wired controller and Astro A40's.

I am a noob when it comes to determining sensetivity any recommendations?

I also was wondering when playing the pc version and I right click the ads stays up until I click it again how do I do that in XIM?

I also notice certain buttons do a couple actions is there a way to seperate this? Would I use the seconday keys function on XIM? My use key on pc was F now its binded to my reload key. Thanks All..

SiN

Offline Borske

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Borske
Re: CODBO2 And 360 Need Help 1st timer...
« Reply #1 on: 08:18 PM - 12/06/12 »
"I also was wondering when playing the pc version and I right click the ads stays up until I click it again how do I do that in XIM?"

I to am wondering if this can be done. I hate having to hold the mouse button down to keep the sights up.

Offline keha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:44 AM - 01/19/13 »
I just got my xime last week.

To use ads as a toggle. It depends on the game. like blackops 2, you have to change the button layout in-game. Theres a option to have it toggle ads in game. Otherwise im told you cannot, without alot of headache.

The bad side of doing this. Is that it makes the smart translators or whatever stop working. Then you will be hating your xime, like i was at first. Basically it makes using ads a huge chore, like almost impossible to use. It just makes it that slow... Regardless on how fast i increased my sensitivity.

So I changed it back to "hold down button" to use ads. Then it works flawless.

Being a long time PC gamer. Then a device(xime) supposely made by PC-gamers. I find this feature very lacking. Since most if not all have a toggle for ads. Only game I can think of otherwise, out the box. Was BF3. Which you had to change yourself.

The problem is related in how the xime does secondary sensitivity. It activates it while you hold down the ads button.

With that said. I still rather have it as a toggle. But im quite used to it now, only after 1 day... Being able to actually aim with ads matters alot more to me.

Offline keha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:57 AM - 01/19/13 »
oh btw

I have a g700 mouse. Set on 5700dpi and max sensitivity in game(blackops2). Then 20 on hipfire and 18 on ads.

Everybodies settings will be different. But for same mouse/dpi it shouldent be that far off. Whatever suites you.

i find the feature to delay ads switch is dumb. But that might just be me. I just find it useless and rather have it do the speed in ads ASAP. Regardless if my brain registers it off look. Ill register it off feel when i hit the button... Or maybe im missing the reason behind the feature. I just think its a feature for anal people :]

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #4 on: 08:09 AM - 01/19/13 »
If its not available to change the right click to toggle in game, it's better to just get use to it. Too many loopholes around it. Not even sure if its available to the edge.
« Last Edit: 09:48 AM - 01/19/13 by Beezles »
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:12 AM - 01/19/13 »
Maybe it's a pain for you guys used to the pc. I don't use a kb for movement, I use the Sony Nav and holding down the trigger on the Nav with my left hand to use ADS feels good for me.

I wouldn't want to hold down the right click while trying to fire with left click, that would seem awkward. I've never even so far as tried it out like that. Feels so much more natural (to me) to ADS with my left hand while firing with my right.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #6 on: 09:47 AM - 01/19/13 »
I don't even notice I hold down the right click anymore.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Admin