XIM Community

Farcry 2 Tweakin  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Dookie

• View Profile
Farcry 2 Tweakin
« on: 11:51 PM - 10/17/08 »
Anyone going to be getting Farcry 2 and tweaking the M/K?, what are your thoughts as to how this little diamond is gonna run with XIM? Just curious cause i recall reading that the first game wasnt easy to tweak, man i hope this one works well it has similar control scheme as the COD games.

So I'm gonna certainly try hard to get a smooth M/K experience specially for MP. Anyway if there are some peeps round here that are looking into this title, it would be sweet if whoever has success in tweaking it could post a config etc. Cheers!!!!  ;D

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Farcry 2 Tweakin
« Reply #1 on: 12:04 AM - 10/18/08 »
Getting it for PC, but I'm hoping the console version's performance with a mouse falls at least somewhere between CoD4 and Halo 3.

Offline jediraven82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:45 AM - 10/18/08 »
I can't wait to pick up Far Cry 2.  I'm still not very good at tweaking my XIM1, but plan on spending alot of time trying to get it as good as possible.  I've noticed some people who have gotten the game early have complained about the controls.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:45 AM - 10/21/08 »
Getting it for PC, but I'm hoping the console version's performance with a mouse falls at least somewhere between CoD4 and Halo 3.

Don't count on that. I played first far cry on 360 and I have to look into it more, but the 360 version appears to have the same feel compared to far cry. I tried to make a config for far cry instincts for the 360 and that was along the lines of battlefield BC, but alot worse. not sure how it will turn out, but I hope it turns out well!
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Dookie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:36 PM - 10/21/08 »

Don't count on that. I played first far cry on 360 and I have to look into it more, but the 360 version appears to have the same feel compared to far cry. I tried to make a config for far cry instincts for the 360 and that was along the lines of battlefield BC, but alot worse. not sure how it will turn out, but I hope it turns out well!

The dunia engine is a new engine, so it may not run into same probs as FC1nstincts. Since your a seasoned tweaker nickstudy, could you post your config that you see being a sweet spot? Would be greatly appreciated!!!

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:08 AM - 10/22/08 »

I have plans on this game, I have it but not fired it up ye. I will be doing that on this saturday and I will have it posted then, with at least of a beta rough config of what it's capable. of.

The dunia engine is a new engine, so it may not run into same probs as FC1nstincts. Since your a seasoned tweaker nickstudy, could you post your config that you see being a sweet spot? Would be greatly appreciated!!!

I'll be tackling it.
« Last Edit: 07:03 AM - 10/25/08 by nickstudy »

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:01 PM - 10/22/08 »
I'm not counting on it, that's why I'm getting it for PC. Right now I'm in the type of mood where my using "hope" or any derivative of the word can be called unrealistic, but unreasonably optimistic works as well.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:04 AM - 10/25/08 »
I posted 3 in progress configs, this game is HARD to config for. If they just made all games like COD 4 controls, the games would be perfect, but this is not the case. See my config for far cry 2, I posted 3 different feeling configs.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Dookie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:11 AM - 10/27/08 »
I posted 3 in progress configs, this game is HARD to config for. If they just made all games like COD 4 controls, the games would be perfect, but this is not the case. See my config for far cry 2, I posted 3 different feeling configs.

THere 4 xim2 are they not, i really need your help for and xim1 config, i have one and it feels ok at times can you have a look at it for me plz

deadzone 12
deadzonetype square
x/y ratio 2
translationexponent .35
sensprime 40
senssecondary 45
toggle mouse right
smoothness .08

800dpi mx518 mouse, now this feel ok i know it can get much better, i feel its not far off but i was guessing the deadzone really cause i cant find the utility to work that out.