XIM Community

Chat Macros via PC to xbox  (Read 1269 times)

Offline JesusChrist

• Getting lost along the way.
    • View Profile
Chat Macros via PC to xbox
« on: 10:31 AM - 05/24/11 »
Anyone know if its possible to run sound (chat macro) from a pc audio out 3.5" to the xbox controller via 2.5" adapter? Seems like it's plausible. My concerns are file type (if it would even matter), sample rate and 16/24bit audio. Any input would be helpful.
"Whatever the Thinker thinks, the Prover will prove. And if the Thinker thinks passionately enough, the Prover will prove the thought so conclusively that you will never talk a person out of such a belief, even if it is something as remarkable as the notion that there is a gaseous vertebrate of astronomical heft ("GOD") who will spend all eternity torturing people who do not believe in his religion." -RAW

Offline ABigDeal

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ABigDeal Gaming
  • Gamertag: ABigDeal
Re: Chat Macros via PC to xbox
« Reply #1 on: 09:09 PM - 05/24/11 »
this isnt to be one of those kids spamming random crap like in CS is it?
A.K.A QnUP2C
Twitch TV Abigdeal Gaming - LIVE STREAM
Abigdeal Gaming - Personal Youtube Channel
Origin: abigdeal

Offline JesusChrist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:00 AM - 05/25/11 »
haha For me it was Rogue Spear that kids spammed that stuff back in the day. My friends who I game with and myself like to give names and play clips to things we do in a game from funny stuff in life. Example: a multi kill of 3+ with a Predator Missile we call a "Peggy" (from the Discover card commercial). "hello, my name is Peggy" I die laughing every time.
To answer your question; no, it's not for spamming.
"Whatever the Thinker thinks, the Prover will prove. And if the Thinker thinks passionately enough, the Prover will prove the thought so conclusively that you will never talk a person out of such a belief, even if it is something as remarkable as the notion that there is a gaseous vertebrate of astronomical heft ("GOD") who will spend all eternity torturing people who do not believe in his religion." -RAW

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:34 AM - 05/25/11 »
that'd be funny

cant help you but if you find something out, let us know :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #4 on: 10:20 AM - 05/25/11 »
should be possible just get yourself one of those steelseries adapters like this:

then optionally if you still want to use your mic get a splitter (3.5mm male to 2 x 3.5mm female)
put this into the mic port on the adapter.  Then put your mic into one and your 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable into the other and the other end into the PC audio out port.

Or you could run your mic into the PC mic input and change your voice and funky stuff like that :)

Offline JesusChrist

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:51 AM - 05/26/11 »
I actually bought an adapter the other day; should get it in the mail today or tomorrow I'll definitely let you guys know how everything works. I went with a 2.5" to (2) 3.5" Y-splitter adapter so I could use my mic as well as the micros, if they work.

I'm very eager to find out if it works. I've been searching the web for info on this for a week to no avail.

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #6 on: 09:00 AM - 05/26/11 »
should work as there is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't :)

Admin