XIM Community

Brink Hype?  (Read 2303 times)

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
Brink Hype?
« on: 01:02 AM - 05/03/11 »
Ive seen previews and videos for this game... anyone want to explain all the hype to me? The gun on gun in cod and bfbc2 looks better than this and the parkour in crysis 2 looks better. Am i missing something? Graphics dont look good at all either from what ive seen. Im really curious so someone elaborate please. Thnx guys n gals.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline SecondSight

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Second Sight 07
Re: Brink Hype?
« Reply #1 on: 09:42 AM - 05/04/11 »
Parkour in crysis 2? You mean being able to jump high and thats about it.

I think people are hyped about brink because they are hoping it will be fun to play considering the big disappointment people have expierence with black ops.

Offline Gods AFK

• MVP
  • Your not in hell, that's just Metal.
    • View Profile
    • What?
  • Gamertag: God Loves Metal
« Reply #2 on: 09:56 AM - 05/04/11 »
I'm excited because Brink is created by Splash Damage, the makers of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (one of my favorite online shooters). I don't play it anymore but man that game was awesome.

Brink looks like a breath fresh air. I'm willing to try out any game attempting to be innovative in the FPS genre filled with Call of Duty's.
Headphones (Full-Sized): Denon AH-D7000, Beyerdynamic Tesla T1, Ultrasone PRO 900, Grado RS1i

IEM's: Sennheiser IE8, Westone UM3, Ultimate Ears UE4 PRO

Amp / DACS: Burson Audio HA-160D, Audio GD-FUN, Matrix M-Stage, NuForce Icon HDP, Tubemagic D1

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:07 AM - 05/04/11 »
I havent seen that much hype about this to be honest. If you compare it to the hype for a small map pack for a horribly laggy game then this isnt that much on the radar.

What a lot of these games will come down to now is how they handle under the Xim3.

Offline Apoculos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:12 AM - 05/04/11 »
I'm excited for this.. mostly because I spent probably the better part of like 6+ years playing and competing in either RTCW or Wolf:ET, so I have very high hopes this game will recapture some of the magic of those games.
gt: Solucopa

Offline Gods AFK

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • What?
« Reply #5 on: 12:24 PM - 05/04/11 »
I'm excited for this.. mostly because I spent probably the better part of like 6+ years playing and competing in either RTCW or Wolf:ET, so I have very high hopes this game will recapture some of the magic of those games.
I also played Wolf ET competitively. I played CAL and TWL for years, enjoyed the hell out of it (Don't know if you remember Busdrivers or Fatal Attraction but I played in both).
Headphones (Full-Sized): Denon AH-D7000, Beyerdynamic Tesla T1, Ultrasone PRO 900, Grado RS1i

Amp / DACS: Burson Audio HA-160D, Audio GD-FUN, Matrix M-Stage, NuForce Icon HDP, Tubemagic D1

Offline loudpanzer

• View Profile
    • skiesofblack forum
« Reply #6 on: 01:05 PM - 05/04/11 »
it is hard to say, the game looks very different from other shooters, kinda like TF2 different

will most likely be a love it or hate it title 

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:24 PM - 05/04/11 »
Basically the biggest difference is in player customization.. You will be able to make your character from the ground up.. Do you want to be a run and gun marathon/lightweight smg type? You will be skinny and agile and small.. Want to be a huge bruiser carrying a minigun? You will be a brute but slow and easy to hit... Besides that the game is aiming at a much more arcadey crowd who don't take it so seriously like the cod fanboys..
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline Apoculos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:36 PM - 05/04/11 »
I also played Wolf ET competitively. I played CAL and TWL for years, enjoyed the hell out of it (Don't know if you remember Busdrivers or Fatal Attraction but I played in both).

I was leader of smf>> for ET. I remember bd and fa :)

Offline Gods AFK

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • What?
« Reply #9 on: 01:37 PM - 05/04/11 »
njoyed the hell out of it (Don't know if you remember Busdrivers or Fatal Attraction but I played in both).
I was leader of smf>> for ET. I remember bd and fa :)
[/quote]
Wow I remember you guys. Man I sure had some fun. Played in countless clans and worked my way up from a beta player to playing alpha team matches on ETTV.

Feels good, man.

Offline Apoculos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:41 PM - 05/04/11 »
Was a great game, not quite what RTCW was to me, but still had a lot of good times. There are more then a few final matches that still haunt me!

Nothing topped epic medic pushes! Heres hoping Brink gets the blood pumping in that same way!

Offline Gods AFK

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • What?
« Reply #11 on: 04:31 PM - 05/04/11 »
Was a great game, not quite what RTCW was to me, but still had a lot of good times. There are more then a few final matches that still haunt me!

Nothing topped epic medic pushes! Heres hoping Brink gets the blood pumping in that same way!
I agree, always awesome. Maybe we can get 3 headshot kills :D

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #12 on: 02:51 AM - 05/05/11 »
P2p or dedi? Good replies, def good info to know... might actually give it a go now.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:51 AM - 05/05/11 »
hopefully there will be a demo to try out, to at least see how good the controls are.

Offline D4Nz88

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:03 AM - 05/05/11 »
hopefully there will be a demo to try out, to at least see how good the controls are.

So far they are saying there will be no demo, but who knows, they could change there mind. Doubt it though. Only 5 days to go for US launch, 8 for EU/UK :(.
Mine is already preorded with 2 of the packs with it :). SOOO hope it's good.

About the hype, it won't be every1s cup of tea, but it sure as hell looks very interesting to me, I don't know where u are getting, "Graphics dont look good at all either from what ive seen" The graphics look amazing! It don't need to be ultra realistic for it to be considered good graphics, I absolutely love the art style of this game, everything being over exaggerated and the colours. Also the fact u pick classes like in TF2 is a nice change from recent FPSs and The amount of customization is huge, which will make so many different character formulas possible to choose from and not only the way your character looks (which has a huge range of choice aswell) but what active skills, passive skills, and body type (which determines your runspeed and health) you want to pick.

If u are loving everything about the COD/BF games, then by all means wait for the next COD ect to come out, but if u want to finally play something original and different for once, you can't not be excited about BRINK.
My Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyKurt?feature=mhum

http://tinypic.com/r/14npjjd/5 ---- My current Black ops stats. ( 5.03 K/D )

Admin