XIM Community

keyboard strafing v Joystick strafing  (Read 1216 times)

Offline abbd663

• View Profile
keyboard strafing v Joystick strafing
« on: 01:38 PM - 05/02/11 »
Dont know if im imagining it, but I swear then im going left to right on keyboard, there is a delay on the transitions (ie the moment between going from left to right, or right to left), and feels like it slows down my strafe as I will be virtually standing stil for half a second. Dont thnk this is the case using a controller...or am i wrong?

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
Re: keyboard strafing v Joystick strafing
« Reply #1 on: 01:52 PM - 05/02/11 »
If u press a + d at the same time it stops you... Maybe you are pressing both at the same time or your kb is lagging or slow.. What type of kb are u using?
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:53 PM - 05/02/11 »
Are you still holding the opposite direction on the keys? Because this will cause a pause. (weird sentence :P)

I can go so fast left to right on my board that my in game character stands there shaking like a violent nut job ready to be unleashed. So I'm guessing it may be you're holding on to the other key a little.

Edit: ahh sorry moose....you got there before me....................................................bet all the ladies say that etc.....;D

Offline ISheeper

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:52 AM - 05/03/11 »
Sometimes for me if I strafe it starts off moving slowly for maybe a full second then speeds up to full speed, gets annoying..

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:40 PM - 05/03/11 »
keyboard ftmfw. direction changes are instant & perfect. joysticks sometimes are slightly easier to use as it requires less talent to move in partial directions for things like slightly off angle strafe jumping.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]