XIM Community

*FIXED* Solution listed by me FTW! XBOX360 Hard drive issues - freezing.  (Read 2983 times)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
WELL. It seems all my fancy pants talk about uber and his RROD has lead my Xbox360 to give me the bird. I'll give M$ a call on this, but now I will vent so if you have something to add, go ahead and add it.

My Xbox is acting mighty strange. If I take the HD out, works fine - of course I can't sign in or anything else. I put it back in, it freezes up within 10 to 15 seconds (gets to dashboard, then stops responding). Take out HD, works again, turn off turn on works fine. Put HD back in freezes. No lights that are red, nothing like that. Read that if a light was red (lower right quadrant) that would mean HD is out. But I don't even get that.

Anyone had this wierd issue? I am wondering, am I completely }=U<K3D? I have all the map packs for H3, and COD4, plus doom,and a bunch of other games (SFII Hyper fighting, duke nukem, some xbox original downloads etc etc etc). Can they see my account and show that I own those games and let me download them again. I know STEAM does that, I go to a new computer and I sign in and it lets me DL all that content to another computer.

I might make trip to best buy, or walmart get a HD and try it out, if it works then that would be nice.

@#$% M$ really pissing me off, If I have to go through this crap one more time I am going to start unleashing one MILLION bunnies with rabies to go bite the ENTIRE employee line and have those infected bunnies latch on to the NUTS and to the coochie for messing with my precious pwning machine.

Seriously, they make me mad.

================================FLASH UPDATED 10-09-08++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I fixed this issue myself. Here's what I figured out.

360 with no HD works fine.
360 with HD  freezes.
Disabled sign on automatically to see if it was a profile.
Signed on with mine ii TR00F ii, BAM it freezes.
Signed on with wifes account, works fine.
Deleted profile only (not the content with it, just the profile.)
Recovered gamertag - DL GT settings.
Back to pwning and putting this behind me.

YAY FTW!
« Last Edit: 10:15 AM - 10/09/08 by nickstudy »
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
Re: XBOX360 Hard drive issues - freezing.
« Reply #1 on: 01:33 AM - 10/08/08 »
I wondered why you were signing off and on a lot.

You could try these and see if they work or not.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907586

And Freezing can be caused by incorrect Date and Time settings too. Go Figure  :-\

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:11 AM - 10/08/08 »
It may not be the hard drive. Reseting the cache on the hard drive in will fix that issue.

1.Go to your Xbox 360 Dashboard and go all the way to the right.
2.When you get there go down to memory and press A on your controller
3.Press Y on your controller
4.Press the button combo X,X,LeftBumper,RightBumper,X,X
5.It will give you "This will preform maintenance on your 360 storage device. Do you want to continue?"

Now this only works if your 360 does not freeze with the hard drive out. I had hard drive errors e79 i think, and freezeing problems with and without my hard drive. Reseting the cache did not work for me, I had red rings shortly after the freezing problems. Anyway I hope this helps.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:51 AM - 10/08/08 »
It may not be the hard drive. Reseting the cache on the hard drive in will fix that issue.

1.Go to your Xbox 360 Dashboard and go all the way to the right.
2.When you get there go down to memory and press A on your controller
3.Press Y on your controller
4.Press the button combo X,X,LeftBumper,RightBumper,X,X
5.It will give you "This will preform maintenance on your 360 storage device. Do you want to continue?"

Now this only works if your 360 does not freeze with the hard drive out. I had hard drive errors e79 i think, and freezeing problems with and without my hard drive. Reseting the cache did not work for me, I had red rings shortly after the freezing problems. Anyway I hope this helps.

Funny thing. I am about to leave for work right now and thought I would turn on that bastard to see if it magically corrected itself. It did, so I have no idea what the hell happened. It worked last night WITHOUT the HD in it, but when it was in there it froze.

I did do what you described and it ran fine, I guess I'll just have to see. I need to call M$ and find out if I can back up all my shiz or they going to make me buy everything again if I get a new HD, and if that's the case I will tell them to suck it.

I'll keep you posted, thanks for the tips.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:40 PM - 10/08/08 »
haha!

That's all I have to say.

Also it sucks that by the time I get my 360 back, yours might be in the shop.  Lame... :P

Offline jas0n

• KA PAOW!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:14 PM - 10/08/08 »
Funny thing. I am about to leave for work right now and thought I would turn on that bastard to see if it magically corrected itself. It did, so I have no idea what the hell happened. It worked last night WITHOUT the HD in it, but when it was in there it froze.

I did do what you described and it ran fine, I guess I'll just have to see. I need to call M$ and find out if I can back up all my shiz or they going to make me buy everything again if I get a new HD, and if that's the case I will tell them to suck it.

You wouldn't have to re-purchase everything since they keep record of everything you bought. When my gf logged on to my xbox with her account it downloaded everything she had bought onto my xbox's hd. So in essence all purchases are locked into your account. I believe yuo can also back up your HD by plugging in an external hd(FAT32) via usb. 

Just curious nick what size is your HD? 20? Might be a good time to upgrade to the 120 since the new dash is coming.
Xim3+Xim2 (Xbox 360 Controller Wired)
Logitech G15v2 + G13
Logitech G500
Astro MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT880
Sennheiser HD598 AD700
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:12 AM - 10/09/08 »

I have the Elite. It has the 120, I fixed this issue though. Will post in my message top of thread.

You wouldn't have to re-purchase everything since they keep record of everything you bought. When my gf logged on to my xbox with her account it downloaded everything she had bought onto my xbox's hd. So in essence all purchases are locked into your account. I believe yuo can also back up your HD by plugging in an external hd(FAT32) via usb. 

Just curious nick what size is your HD? 20? Might be a good time to upgrade to the 120 since the new dash is coming.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:06 PM - 10/09/08 »

I have the Elite. It has the 120, I fixed this issue though. Will post in my message top of thread.

You confuse me to answering questions within the quote.  Use more /quote tags.  It will make me happy.

Quote from: nickstudy
You're an assmunch.
What?
Quote from: ub3rn00ber
I love you too.
Not really.
Thanks...do you want some cake?
I think it's a trick.
Quote from: Ub3rn00ber
The cake is a lie, isn't it?

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:14 PM - 10/09/08 »

You confuse me to answering questions within the quote.  Use more /quote tags.  It will make me happy.

You're an assmunch.
What?
Quote from: ub3rn00ber
I love you too.
Not really.
Thanks...do you want some cake?
I think it's a trick.
The cake is a lie, isn't it?

@#$% Nick, you are the best Cod4 player in the world, I saw you go 130 and 2 the other night. I am sorry I munch on @#$%, I will try to cut that out.

Aww, shucksquote]

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :P :P :P :P

Lol. Haha.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
I thought it was 2-130....

Offline Hyperion

• View Profile
 ::)
Alright you two... knock it off.... We are in a public forum here and some people would just not understand how you two communicate! ;)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
lol.

I talked to my friend who lives in AZ he just had this issue, told him to try what I did and it worked! Woot, he had problems ever since the maint happened a week or so ago.

chalk 2 fixes so far. Yay FTW!

Gamertag ii TR00F ii