XIM Community

videos, where are they people  (Read 5908 times)

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
videos, where are they people
« on: 11:13 AM - 10/07/08 »
Allright, my excuse is that I have no capture device.
now, whats your excuse?
I know that a lot of ppl were going to post vids, when we were waiting on pre-orders. Now there are over a hundred of these things out in the wild, and no one has done any new videos. whats up with that? I will try to record some off-screen clips with a camcorder, and get them onto my PC and then upload to youtube. I didn't record anything when I did my assembly, but maybe a quick UT3 session, to show off the smoothness and control that pixel perfect aiming gives you.

so I guess this is coming off as a rant, not so. I am not ranting, just trying to spur some creative community vids.

now go forth and conquer, go forth and capture, go forth and post (on youtube)
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
Re: videos, where are they people
« Reply #1 on: 11:20 AM - 10/07/08 »
no idea man...I was getting ready to once I got my configs setup right before my xbox 360 crapped out.  Why nobody else has made videos is beyond me ;)

Offline snooze

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Snooze
« Reply #2 on: 11:29 AM - 10/07/08 »
I would but I don't have a capture device. Eventually I would like to have one but its not very high on my list of priorities.

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:30 AM - 10/07/08 »
now, whats your excuse?
I know that a lot of ppl were going to post vids, when we were waiting on pre-orders. Now there are over a hundred of these things out in the wild, and no one has done any new videos. whats up with that? I will try to record some off-screen clips with a camcorder, and get them onto my PC and then upload to youtube. I didn't record anything when I did my assembly, but maybe a quick UT3 session, to show off the smoothness and control that pixel perfect aiming gives you.

so I guess this is coming off as a rant, not so. I am not ranting, just trying to spur some creative community vids.

I may post a video soon of some good sniping (with my latest config) in Sandtrap in Halo. The smelly blue team was suppressing mine, so I went up to a very secret place on a high dune on the edge of the map and picked them off one by one. As soon as the second one died and they realized they were getting picked off from a sniper they couldn't see, they scattered... but not too far.  ;D I got them all. Hehehe.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb" - Dark Helmet

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:43 AM - 10/07/08 »
I have a capture card I bought from ebay.. I just haven't opened it. It's a tv capture card.. I don't think I have all the necessary ports to make videos correctly.
« Last Edit: 11:56 AM - 10/07/08 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline dbldrew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:05 PM - 10/07/08 »
I donít have a capture card but I do have a vid in my file share for halo 3

http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=DBLDREW

Itís a team swat game, not the best but its somethingÖ

Rocksolid83

« Reply #6 on: 12:50 PM - 10/07/08 »
I would but I don't have a capture device. Eventually I would like to have one but its not very high on my list of priorities.

same here

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:35 PM - 10/07/08 »
Well, nine out of the ten games I played this morning had me ending with more than a 3:1 kdr, so I'll start sifting through for worthwhile parts. Unfortunately, I was playing ranked and I don't have that high a skill level yet, while in social I tend to run in to thirties and forties, not people under twenty.

Offline Boddiebagger

• MVP
  • The Original KWAK'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:31 PM - 10/07/08 »
now, whats your excuse?

I have the bomb diggity recording device(HAVA HD Titanium Wireless), but no XIM2!  :-\

What boddiebagger calls losing a gun fight means, killing the opposing team 3 times over and dying once.

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:28 PM - 10/09/08 »

nice game!
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline dbldrew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:50 PM - 10/09/08 »

nice game!

Thanks  ;D

Offline UnrealChrisG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:42 PM - 10/09/08 »
Well, I don't have $250 to burn to buy a HD capture card.  Maybe someday...

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:17 PM - 10/09/08 »
Guys, there is some really good news in the most recent bungie update:

Hello again, Roger here with an update on the Bungie Pro subscription service we inaugurated a year ago. To recap, Bungie Pro allows subscribers expand their Halo 3 File Share from 6 slots and 25MB of storage to 24 slots and 250MB of storage, to the tune of 750 Spacebucks for the year, which is around 78 cents per month. Halo 3 file sharing has been tremendously popular, with over 53 million pieces of content shared online in the first year alone! That year is up for the first subscribers, which makes this a great time to announce a soon-to-arrive feature that we're going to add to Bungie Pro.

And that new feature is? Render-to-video! At long last, you won't need to have a video capture card to free your saved film from the confines of your Xbox. Integrated right into the Bungie.net file-sharing experience alongside current features like "Copy to My File Share" and "Download to Halo 3" will be "Render to Video" where your short Saved Films or Film Clips (length and quantity to be determined) can come to life as a computer-playable WMV file which can be downloaded to your computer, or seen on Bungie.net alongside other game content like your Screenshots.

Yay!

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:23 PM - 10/09/08 »
Can't folks do what I did before?  Just set up a camera on a tripod over my shoulder and play some COD 4 or whatever.  Obviously Halo 3 is easy to do because you can set up the camera right in front of your TV or monitor after you load the game up in the Theater.  COD 4 has to be done on the fly, which is why some really awesome things that go on in game are never seen by others unless you play with the camera recording all the time.  Also, my camera is mini-dv and after it's done, I can hook it up to my firewire port and put the video on the computer using whatever software I use.  I forget...Pinnacle maybe?  Whatever.  It can be done.

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:17 PM - 10/10/08 »
you're forgetting uber, not everyone has a cam :P

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2

Admin