XIM Community

xy ratio  (Read 7676 times)

Offline polizei

• View Profile
xy ratio
« on: 10:14 AM - 03/28/11 »
I think I have a mathematic understanding of what the X-Y ratio is in Advanced Smart Translator, but I'm wondering, how it would be useful to say, someone who's always used a normal X-Y ratio in PC gaming. Is this a work-around for games with with mechanics? I would think the translators themselves would take care of something like that... so it must be something else...

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
Re: xy ratio
« Reply #1 on: 10:24 AM - 03/28/11 »
many console games have faster horizontal vs vertical lookspeeds.. smart translators for those games will compensate for that, but some people like to have a different feel.

I for example use 2.15 for my yx ratio in the COD-ADS st to compensate for recoil..

its all personal preference
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline Recite

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Recite77
  • PSN ID: nathanbaugher
« Reply #2 on: 10:31 AM - 03/28/11 »
rt,

I'm trying to wrap my head around your settings.  Could you please explain how this helps compensate for recoil?
... preach the Gospal at all times and, when nessesary, use words.

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:34 AM - 03/28/11 »
durr..

self-explanatory my man.. higher yx ratio = faster vertical movement, meaning you have to fight recoil less..

move your mouse in a circle with a high yx ratio onscreen you get a tall oval or ellipse.. works for me because i play from the elbow, no wrist at all, so i dont have much vertical range of motion
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline polizei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:39 AM - 03/28/11 »
I had heard of someone using it for that. My only worry there is having to relearn vertical look motion, because I would "over do it" when looking up or down. I can see how that's totally a personal preference. I've found the XIM3 in general allows much better recoil control without going to this extent, but I'm sure you have even less to worry about there now.

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:54 AM - 03/28/11 »
well its also dependant on whether you use aim assist..

with AA on there are actually 4 different look speeds, hip, hip w AA, ADS, and ADS with AA.. lots of muscles memory there..

i base my comfort level with my aim on how it will respond while in the AA box

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
« Reply #6 on: 10:57 AM - 03/28/11 »
Dont mess with the x/y settings unless you want either a slower up/down or a faster up/down than right to left.

Personaly I perfer a slower up and down, because of the years of practise with it in cs and css, it was very common for ppl to do this in there mouse settings, as you didnt need to look up or down very far at all in those games.
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline polizei

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:03 AM - 03/28/11 »
Definitely makes sense... I never got into CS too much, but did Q2 and variants a lot. I think just based on the kinesiology of the wrist, it makes some sense to try it.

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:19 AM - 03/28/11 »
Dont mess with the x/y settings unless you want either a slower up/down or a faster up/down than right to left.

Personaly I perfer a slower up and down, because of the years of practise with it in cs and css, it was very common for ppl to do this in there mouse settings, as you didnt need to look up or down very far at all in those games.

ur on crack dude.. cs/css you need to have TONS of vertical movement, guns have so much recoil you have to pull your mouse down to the guys feet when spraying...

cal-invite players all have mastered holding fire and putting each bullet on target cause they know the recoil patterns = lots of recoil control.

best way to tell this was to watch HLTV during a match.. HLTV didnt account for the crosshair jumping up with the recoil.. so you could really see how far people pull their mic down when accounting for recoil...

Offline pvdd

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: pvdd
« Reply #9 on: 11:32 AM - 03/28/11 »

take it you werent a 640 res sprayer then? ;)

Offline pvdd

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: pvdd
« Reply #10 on: 11:38 AM - 03/28/11 »
And lovin the sig moose hah! Something my misses would do :S

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:01 PM - 03/28/11 »
800x600

cl_crosshairscale 1250

sensitivity 1.337 @ 400 dpi

180 deg turn across 18 inch dkT pad

elite

Offline ki11er

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • My Elantra project
  • Gamertag: CoMp1ex Shadow
« Reply #12 on: 01:21 PM - 03/28/11 »

ur on crack dude.. cs/css you need to have TONS of vertical movement, guns have so much recoil you have to pull your mouse down to the guys feet when spraying...

cal-invite players all have mastered holding fire and putting each bullet on target cause they know the recoil patterns = lots of recoil control.

best way to tell this was to watch HLTV during a match.. HLTV didnt account for the crosshair jumping up with the recoil.. so you could really see how far people pull their mic down when accounting for recoil...

I played CS for years . . .I wasnt cal-I but I was cal - M and YES, you had to start moving down the second you started shooting because of recoil. I would generally shot then move down to the chest and get a head shot almost every time . . .

PS
im sure its been stated before, but Headshots on freak black ops suck . . . with the amount of times you have to shot someone in the head, might as well shoot them in the chest.

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:25 PM - 03/28/11 »
yea a 1.2 damage multiplier for a HS is ridiculous..

cs was 4x damage for a headshot....

ak/deagle was a oneshot to the head from across the map.. so leet