XIM Community

COD 5 World At War  (Read 9141 times)

Offline jas0n

• KA PAOW!!
    • View Profile
Re: COD 5 World At War
« Reply #45 on: 05:28 PM - 11/04/08 »
Yes, the bolt action rifles are a bit odd. For some ridiculous reason adding the scope to them achieves one-hit kills as oppose to the iron sights. But the full release and maybe some patches should iron out these oddities.
Xim3+Xim2 (Xbox 360 Controller Wired)
Logitech G15v2 + G13
Logitech G500
Astro MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT880
Sennheiser HD598 AD700
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 03:17 AM - 11/06/08 »
Yes, the bolt action rifles are a bit odd. For some ridiculous reason adding the scope to them achieves one-hit kills as oppose to the iron sights. But the full release and maybe some patches should iron out these oddities.

I realized that early on and that's one of the reasons why I'm not getting this right off the bat. I don't think that WaW is going to cannibalize too many COD4 players just because of a) the bolt-actions b) the dogs and c) the flamethrower.

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12:15 PM - 11/06/08 »
I played the beta last night. I have to say I'm not a fan. I will not be purchasing cod5.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline animenows

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08:28 PM - 11/06/08 »
Is it just me or is shooter games dying off for the 360. 

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 07:37 PM - 11/08/08 »
Is it just me or is shooter games dying off for the 360. 

They're not really dying off persay but I do think that the quality of the games is going down, simply because the genre is starting to feel stale with a dearth of gameplay innovations. World of Goo was fun and original and that's why I paid $20 for it - and it was made by 2 guys, the majority of it by 1 of them. Unfortunately I just don't see that kind of creativity anymore, just the reapplication of the same old gameplay formulas and the hiring of new screenwriters - Cod:WaW is the prime example of this IMO. Keep in mind this is a general concern - it affects PCs and PS3s as well.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 12:22 AM - 11/09/08 »
Cod:WaW is the prime example of this IMO. Keep in mind this is a general concern - it affects PCs and PS3s as well.

Yep, certain formulas have a "been there tried that" feel. That is how I feel with WAW, it feels like COD 2 but with dogs and weapons that feel slower than Cod 2, or am I crazy?
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01:07 PM - 11/09/08 »
Cod:WaW is the prime example of this IMO. Keep in mind this is a general concern - it affects PCs and PS3s as well.

Yep, certain formulas have a "been there tried that" feel. That is how I feel with WAW, it feels like COD 2 but with dogs and weapons that feel slower than Cod 2, or am I crazy?

The point with WaW is that it truly feels like a COD4 mod. It feels like Treyarch knew that they had a horrible rep from COD3, so they decided to play it uber-safe and just made a WW2 version of a very good game. It borrows from COD4 for the multiplayer, it rips on the fire gameplay mechanic (seriously, fire just made a resurgence in how many games? GoW2, FC2...) , it rips on the Halo 3 skulls and co-op scoring, should I go on?

Offline jas0n

• KA PAOW!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 01:21 PM - 11/11/08 »

The point with WaW is that it truly feels like a COD4 mod. It feels like Treyarch knew that they had a horrible rep from COD3, so they decided to play it uber-safe and just made a WW2 version of a very good game. It borrows from COD4 for the multiplayer, it rips on the fire gameplay mechanic (seriously, fire just made a resurgence in how many games? GoW2, FC2...) , it rips on the Halo 3 skulls and co-op scoring, should I go on?

I agree. IMO I think it's a glorified MOD. From what I see, it seems like this will be the on going pattern: IW will innovate new COD titles while Trey will just follow up with a filler game using the same engine.

I will be renting for the sake of the solo campaign.
Xim3+Xim2 (Xbox 360 Controller Wired)
Logitech G15v2 + G13
Logitech G500
Astro MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT880
Sennheiser HD598 AD700
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04:21 PM - 11/11/08 »
hell, I'm just going to be downloading it for the PC for the single player because that looks like sex - download when single player looks awesome and either MP is crap or there is no MP, with a few exceptions.

Offline x7rEmE

• Lifes A Struggle
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07:28 AM - 12/14/08 »
call of duty world at war is pretty fun I'm enjoying it alot.
XIM3 Supporter