XIM Community

COD 5 World At War  (Read 9177 times)

paulybear

Re: COD 5 World At War
« Reply #30 on: 03:33 AM - 10/11/08 »
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=4sak4pDLQF8

Some footage of the mutliplayer beta on 360.

All sniping and no scoping footage. Guy looks pretty good for using a pad :P

You can watch it in high quality if you go directly to the site.

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09:13 AM - 10/11/08 »
Just a heads up, the Call of Duty World At War Beta has gone live. Hope fully they didn't change the controls to much.
http://www.callofduty.com/intel/149

They didn't, it seems pretty much the same but something feels different about it.

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10:53 PM - 10/11/08 »
I loved cod2. It was a great WWII game. Do you want to know why? It was made by infinity ward. Has anyone played cod3? Cod2 is by far the better of the two games, this is becuase Treyarch made cod3 not infinity ward. Guess who made cod5? Treyarch. I've heard that infinity ward has the rights for cod6 and thats exciting. I won't be preordering cod5, and I'll need to see a ton of reviews before I even rent it.

They're excuse is that Activision only gave them like 5 months to make COD3 but they've had 2 years for COD5 so it's a much better game. We'll see of course but the gameplay vids I've seen look promising - and let me just say COOP FTW!!!

I do think COD2 had some of the best multiplayer ever - kar98k was one of the best, well-balanced guns ever too. I miss good COD2 multiplayer with clans and the like before all the hackers, wish they put some more COD2 favorite maps in COD5 later on.

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11:24 PM - 10/11/08 »
and let me just say COOP FTW!!!

Glad to see I'm not the only person that likes CO-OP. I've loved that ever since the early Doom days where you could play together to get through the maps.

We need to get a group together to play through the co-op campaign once this is released.

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11:53 PM - 10/11/08 »
and let me just say COOP FTW!!!

Glad to see I'm not the only person that likes CO-OP. I've loved that ever since the early Doom days where you could play together to get through the maps.

We need to get a group together to play through the co-op campaign once this is released.

That we should!  8)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07:10 AM - 10/12/08 »
watch the video around 2:07.  he may be gamepad user but he has the heart of a pc gamer.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09:28 PM - 10/12/08 »
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40660.html

Some new footage, looks like co-op. Whoever is playing goes on one hell of a kill streak. I'm curious about the scoring though, looks like they're getting ridiculous amounts of points for each kill. If that's the case, we're all leveling up really fast lol.

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10:43 PM - 10/12/08 »
Some new footage, looks like co-op. Whoever is playing goes on one hell of a kill streak. I'm curious about the scoring though, looks like they're getting ridiculous amounts of points for each kill. If that's the case, we're all leveling up really fast lol.

Well, I think they said you won't get xp from co-op for leveling up in MP ranks, but I'm not sure.

Either it was one of the beta tips messages or somewhere else, I'm not sure on it though.

Offline animenows

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12:32 PM - 10/18/08 »
so far the beta is only 70 % of what cod 4 is now...Its a bit lacking in some specs.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09:42 AM - 10/21/08 »
so far the beta is only 70 % of what cod 4 is now...Its a bit lacking in some specs.

I am feeling this way as well. I know it's a beta and limited to level 11, and a couple of maps but I feel there is a magic element missing that I cannot place. I like the game, just not as much as I liked the Cod4 beta. So it's either the law of diminishing returns, or this game is almost lacking the par needed for my vote. What's funny is alot of people I talk to on XBL feel that way too, just they can't put a finger on it either. Odd eh?
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09:53 AM - 10/21/08 »
Yeah, but I'll hold judgment till the final product. Besides, we still have the crazy co-op modes that none of the others have offered.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01:26 PM - 10/21/08 »
Yeah, but I'll hold judgment till the final product. Besides, we still have the crazy co-op modes that none of the others have offered.

I am holding judgement too, I realize it is beta. My experience is betas normally don't stray to far from the actual product. Co op, I really want to play that will be awesome.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #42 on: 11:57 AM - 10/22/08 »
Been playing this more lately but mostly non-hardcore.

I like the dogs.  Unless there are 3, its kind of hard to die to 1 or 2 dogs.  They are easy to knife if you time it properly and they are fairly easy to shoot as well once they start at you straight on.

The thing that seems "off" to me is the sound.  The audio queues and the sound in general are pretty bad, imo.

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12:36 AM - 11/04/08 »
just to recap here, I'm not getting this immediately after release. MP wasn't too good in the beta IMO in retrospective - bolt-actions are crap, tanks are overpowered, dogs are overpowered, maps aren't too fun (6 player DM stealth on Shipment anyone?), flamethrower, nagging issues with the sniper rifle... I decided to get gears 2 instead. Maybe I'll get this later in the season if I get bored with L4D.

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08:23 AM - 11/04/08 »
Not sure about some of that stuff, but bolt action rifles are going to be more powerfuly in the full version of the game for certain.  That's from the mouth of one of the developers.