COD 5 World At War  (Read 9231 times)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
COD 5 World At War
« on: 08:02 AM - 10/04/08 »
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/900/900160p1.html

I have barely read anything about this game. I finally looked at some videos ( I saw something before, but wasn't really paying attention).

A few things I am excited about

Based on the COD4 engine, hopefully - they don't mess with the controls and LEAVE THEM THE HELL ALONE. Otherwise I will send sparky after them to bite them in the gonads.

CO OP - that is pretty dope fly. I am really going to dig that, about time!

COD4 Engine, with COD2 gameplay - I always wanted to play COD2 on the xbox360. I had a TON of time playing on the pc online in clans, tourneys, big @#$% lans and everything else. I want to capture a small slice of that play back.

Only thing I am concerned about is when that comes out the population is going to drop from cod4 to play cod5. As excited I am about this game seems so soon to be coming out with another COD when Cod 4 already has 120k players online all the time at all hours of the day. I wonder who's sticking around, and whos gonna play Cod5.

I will play both, naturally because I believe the perks on cod5, if there are any are not including red dots and everything since it is wwII era hehe.

It's 6am in the morning and I am excited, I just got up and now I am about to embark on a marathon session of Cod 4 for the day for the next 10 to 12 hours. Yay for monster energy drink.

I can't seem to locate the multiplayer specs on size, etc what maps and all that. All I see is 1 to 4 players, I assume that is the co op spec and not the MP aspect of the game. Hmm?
« Last Edit: 08:07 AM - 10/04/08 by nickstudy »
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
Re: COD 5 World At War
« Reply #1 on: 11:43 AM - 10/04/08 »
I've only got COD4 on PS3 or I'd join you.

Given the number of people with 360's I'll likely get COD5 for 360.

There are perks in COD5, I know for a fact juggernaut and martyrdom are back. Here's the rumored list.

Perk 1:
- Special Grenades x3
- Satchel Charge x2
- M9A1 Bazooka x2
- Bomb Squad
- Bouncing Betty x2 (similar to claymores)
- Bandolier
- Primary Grenades x2
- M2 Flamethrower

Perk 2:
- Stopping Power
- Fireworks (explosives cause more damage)
- Flak Jacket (decreases damage taken by explosives)
- Gas Mask
- Juggernaut
- Camouflage
- Sleight of Hand
- Shades (decreases intensity of signal flares)
- Double Tap
- Overkill

Perk 3:
- Deep Impact
- Extreme Conditioning
- Steady Aim
- Toss Back (resets fuse on tossing back enemy grenade)
- Second Chance (ability to revive allies)
- Martyrdom
- Fireproof
- Dead Silence
- Iron Lungs
- Reconnaissance (shows artillery and tanks on map)

Vehicle Perk:
- Water Cooler
- Greased Bearings
- Ordnance Training
- Leadfoot
- Coaxial Machine Gun

One really cool thing I like that they did is merger CO-OP and multiplayer. So any XP you earn in either mode translates over. You don't have to level up 2 separate times.

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:54 PM - 10/04/08 »
I might get CoD 5 but I'm not sure.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:43 PM - 10/04/08 »
I've only got COD4 on PS3 or I'd join you.

Given the number of people with 360's I'll likely get COD5 for 360.

There are perks in COD5, I know for a fact juggernaut and martyrdom are back. Here's the rumored list.

Perk 1:
- Special Grenades x3
- Satchel Charge x2
- M9A1 Bazooka x2
- Bomb Squad
- Bouncing Betty x2 (similar to claymores)
- Bandolier
- Primary Grenades x2
- M2 Flamethrower

Perk 2:
- Stopping Power
- Fireworks (explosives cause more damage)
- Flak Jacket (decreases damage taken by explosives)
- Gas Mask
- Juggernaut
- Camouflage
- Sleight of Hand
- Shades (decreases intensity of signal flares)
- Double Tap
- Overkill

Perk 3:
- Deep Impact
- Extreme Conditioning
- Steady Aim
- Toss Back (resets fuse on tossing back enemy grenade)
- Second Chance (ability to revive allies)
- Martyrdom
- Fireproof
- Dead Silence
- Iron Lungs
- Reconnaissance (shows artillery and tanks on map)

Vehicle Perk:
- Water Cooler
- Greased Bearings
- Ordnance Training
- Leadfoot
- Coaxial Machine Gun

One really cool thing I like that they did is merger CO-OP and multiplayer. So any XP you earn in either mode translates over. You don't have to level up 2 separate times.

That's sweet, so you could do coop own some AI, get the points then drop into MP and be all upgraded, awesome. Glad to see perks are making it in there, I am going to miss my red dot though I tell you what. I do miss playing with a BAR or a garand, or the thompson sometimes. I really liked the mp40 and mp44 on the german side, along with the kar98. Ahh ya!

I just PRAY they leave the controls alone, please don't touch them. Xim 360 works so nicely with them, it would be a shame for me to go kick them in the nuts for messing up the best controls on the planet!

Heh.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:51 PM - 10/04/08 »
Who needs a red dot when you can have a flame thrower? lol

I agree though, that's my favorite scope. I would use the other scope but it takes so @#$% long to pull up and put down, I always get creamed.

I'm definitely down for some co-op when this launches. We'll all level up like mad, then go destroy with our leveled up weapons. I'm getting this day 1.

Offline UnrealChrisG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:32 AM - 10/05/08 »
ewww red dot!  As long as the iron sights are similar to CoD 4 I'll be happy.  I am about to go reserve a copy at gamestop so I can get a MP beta key.

paulybear

« Reply #6 on: 06:07 AM - 10/05/08 »
Guess i'll get this if i see it at a nice price online somewhere. But my backlog of games i need to play is getting silly ( just started blue dragon)

Did anyone see the special edition that comes with double xp for the first week and an exclusive LMG? (i think)

Hmmmm

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:11 AM - 10/05/08 »
Guess i'll get this if i see it at a nice price online somewhere. But my backlog of games i need to play is getting silly ( just started blue dragon)

Did anyone see the special edition that comes with double xp for the first week and an exclusive LMG? (i think)

Hmmmm

Not Really worth it in my opinion since we could make co op teams and lvl up that way if we wanted to.

the LMG is a lvl 45 weapon I believe, and I have no clue about the carbine though.

Offline UnrealChrisG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:42 PM - 10/05/08 »
GameStop is pissing me off.  I went to reserve it today and they had NO IDEA about any BETA or the "DAY-ONE ACCESS to the in-game M1A1 Carbine Assault Rifle"  I had to point out the huge poster right behind them and tell them to read it, they said they had no idea.  The manager came out and said to call on Thursday which makes no sense to me since the way it was suppose to be was, I give them my email, and supposedly they mail you the beta code.  Any Ideas on what I should do?

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:30 AM - 10/06/08 »
GameStop is pissing me off.  I went to reserve it today and they had NO IDEA about any BETA or the "DAY-ONE ACCESS to the in-game M1A1 Carbine Assault Rifle"  I had to point out the huge poster right behind them and tell them to read it, they said they had no idea.  The manager came out and said to call on Thursday which makes no sense to me since the way it was suppose to be was, I give them my email, and supposedly they mail you the beta code.  Any Ideas on what I should do?

That is exactly why I hate gamestop.

You could order online and hope it's less of a hassle from them.

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:53 AM - 10/06/08 »
i dont think cod4's online numbers will drop too much, most people love the modern warfare idea and the abundance of WW2 games may turn people off.

i dont mind it though, i will be getting both and i hope they can pull it off.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:34 AM - 10/06/08 »
I loved cod2. It was a great WWII game. Do you want to know why? It was made by infinity ward. Has anyone played cod3? Cod2 is by far the better of the two games, this is becuase Treyarch made cod3 not infinity ward. Guess who made cod5? Treyarch. I've heard that infinity ward has the rights for cod6 and thats exciting. I won't be preordering cod5, and I'll need to see a ton of reviews before I even rent it.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:41 AM - 10/06/08 »
I loved cod2. It was a great WWII game. Do you want to know why? It was made by infinity ward. Has anyone played cod3? Cod2 is by far the better of the two games, this is becuase Treyarch made cod3 not infinity ward. Guess who made cod5? Treyarch. I've heard that infinity ward has the rights for cod6 and thats exciting. I won't be preordering cod5, and I'll need to see a ton of reviews before I even rent it.

Well noted, I'll keep that in mind. I still may get it first day and If I hate it to pieces, then maybe i'll sell it or burn it with my XFPS. But the XFPS , I cannot burn it I must make it suffer for another 5 years before I consider setting it free to the fire of life.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:36 PM - 10/06/08 »
Holy crap, look at the rumored kill streak awards

# 3 Kills - Recon Plane
# 5 Kills - Artillery Strike
# 7 Kills - Unleash the Dogs

On the dogs, literal dogs appear and hunt down the enemy. What's crazier if it's true, they keep respawning and hunting until the award wears off.

I don't know about this, the helicopters are enough a pain in the @#$%. They should up that streak to at least 10 otherwise it's going to be non-stop dog spam.

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:07 PM - 10/06/08 »
Holy crap, look at the rumored kill streak awards

# 3 Kills - Recon Plane
# 5 Kills - Artillery Strike
# 7 Kills - Unleash the Dogs

On the dogs, literal dogs appear and hunt down the enemy. What's crazier if it's true, they keep respawning and hunting until the award wears off.

I don't know about this, the helicopters are enough a pain in the @#$%. They should up that streak to at least 10 otherwise it's going to be non-stop dog spam.

Well, it'll be interesting if those are true to say the least.

You could try and find high ground or buildings in order to kill the dogs or try to anyway.