XIM Community

XIM3 discussion/debate on Xbox Forums  (Read 26826 times)

Offline austinxp

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Oxymoron
Re: XIM3 discussion/debate on Xbox Forums
« Reply #135 on: 11:31 PM - 03/19/11 »
The XIM is about giving people a choice when it comes to input devices; it's not about giving people an unfair advantage. In fact, there are plenty of people who use controllers on xbox live who still do better than me. I'd feel at a disadvantage if I had to use a controller against those people. With a keyboard and mouse? It's a fair fight.
This sums it up perfectly for me and I dare say, for most PC > Console gamers using a Xim.

It's not about pwning console n00bs by having an unfair advantage, it's about using a control scheme that is familiar and comfortable.

I cannot use a pad for @#$% on a console FPS - what takes me mere fractions of a second on PC to line up and take a killshot takes 5-10 times as long on console, by which time I've had my @#$% handed to me by an experienced padder.

Xim gives me a fighting chance to get into and enjoy console shooters...nothing more, nothing less. Pad gaming for shooters is one trick this old dog can't learn.
Let me just say if you took people from Cal-i and people from MLG cal-i would no doubt dominate mlg players because of equipment.

Offline Moo Juice

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MooJuicerr
« Reply #136 on: 10:40 PM - 03/20/11 »
Whatever points anyone may have about how it offers an "unfair advantage" or whatever Trebek might have been talking about; It just doesn't matter in the least.

The simple point, will always be that we use this device so that we can actually enjoy playing a game with ease and comfort. Please, just stop trying to argue over it. No matter how unfair it might be for the average bad padder, we just don't give a rat's turd about it. We want comfort and ease of play so we can actually enjoy our video games; Nothing more, and nothing less.

There is no other issue at hand here.
The Dude does Not abide.

Offline Moo Juice

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MooJuicerr
« Reply #137 on: 10:41 PM - 03/20/11 »
...Oh I feel embarrassed now. I had this thread bookmarked, so I didn't think about how old it was. I just noticed the date on the last post  :-[ 2 days ago. Silly me.
The Dude does Not abide.

Offline lunatik

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 11:06 PM - 03/20/11 »
i would, i aint the best... but with all the fps rust, i still manage to be in the relative top of every match. Even after 5 years of not touching a PC fps.

all this time your talking about how amazing you are and how you can down each and every person on this forum with ease whether its controller vs controller or mouse vs mouse

then you get an actual challenge

and 
i would, i aint the best... but with all the fps rust

-.-

i just dont have a clue where my 10 year old unreal discs are... quake live is free to everyone with a web browser. So i thought it would be more appropriate. Im not trying to back down from anything.

I just dont know where my ancient unreal CDs are.

the fps rust comment was simply to show i dont think im the best at PC fps or anything... it was an attempt at humility, guess i failed pretty hard.

I dont know where my unreal discs are, and im sorry. I can play quake live though, thats the best i can do.

Let me know when you either find your unreal disks or pick them up for a couple of bucks.  I bet i go close to going godlike, 25-0  :o

Offline Cool_Breeze

• MVP
  • Another gamer from down under
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: C00LBr33Zzze
« Reply #139 on: 02:16 AM - 03/21/11 »
well I know it isnt the be all end all of discussions... but this was worth a read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_video_games

Xbox360 Slim : Microsoft // XIM3 : XIM Technologies
A40 Mix Amp : ASTRO Gaming // MLG A40 Headset : ASTRO Gaming
N52TE : Belkin // G500 : Logitech
Wired Controller : Microsoft // 32" LCD Television : Sharp

Offline JReyes624

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 03:17 AM - 03/21/11 »
Haha wikipedia...