XIM Community

Xbox live - Lag  (Read 2311 times)

Offline AngrySoul

• View Profile
Xbox live - Lag
« on: 05:50 AM - 10/01/08 »
Guys,

Did you guys have issues playing last night? man, the lag was terrible, I was force to play the campain instead.  it probably has to do with new OS. I am just wondering, but did anyone here got/downloaded the new XBOX OS installed?  I did not see anything

Regards,

Braulio

Offline MetalSlayerX

• View Profile
Re: Xbox live - Lag
« Reply #1 on: 11:30 AM - 10/01/08 »
Guys,

Did you guys have issues playing last night? man, the lag was terrible, I was force to play the campain instead.  it probably has to do with new OS. I am just wondering, but did anyone here got/downloaded the new XBOX OS installed?  I did not see anything

Regards,

Braulio

There is no XBOX dashboard update yet, at least not till November something. The only thing XBOX Live went down for is maintenance and preparation for the update in November. There are no updates to the dashboard.
Play with other XIM users here
http://xim360.com/community/index.php?topic=1144.0

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is. It's about respecting the will of others... And believing in your own." -Big Boss

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:00 PM - 10/01/08 »
Microsoft said there would be intermittent problems with xbox live including matchmaking in cod 4.  So hopefully once they get all the kinks worked out, it'll be better.

Offline ibuycheap

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:20 PM - 10/03/08 »
I'm getting lag in the majority of games I have played today. It seems like half the time I'm playing with some people from Europe.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:47 PM - 10/03/08 »
I was told by some friends at Microsuck that they are changing they way your Xbox is networked on Live. Supposidly they fixed some network traffic issues and packet problems some games have. This was done along with the big server prep for the Mid fall update of the Live dashbord which will be called the New Xbox Experience.
  Personally , I think this is a big mistake. At first xbox360 was geared towards the serious more mature gamer crowd. Now it seems they are trying to pull in a younger audience by having these "avatars" and other kiddie such elements added to live services.
  I miss the days when you could play good game on Live without being bothered by some immature kid on daddy's Xbox.
- Ahh the goold old days when the 360 was $400.00. It was definately its gaming prime time.

Offline MetalSlayerX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:43 AM - 10/05/08 »
I was told by some friends at Microsuck that they are changing they way your Xbox is networked on Live. Supposidly they fixed some network traffic issues and packet problems some games have. This was done along with the big server prep for the Mid fall update of the Live dashbord which will be called the New Xbox Experience.
  Personally , I think this is a big mistake. At first xbox360 was geared towards the serious more mature gamer crowd. Now it seems they are trying to pull in a younger audience by having these "avatars" and other kiddie such elements added to live services.
  I miss the days when you could play good game on Live without being bothered by some immature kid on daddy's Xbox.
- Ahh the goold old days when the 360 was $400.00. It was definately its gaming prime time.

Well they should make an 18+ only zone so you don't have to play with 13 year old kids screaming into the microphone. Credit card needed to verify age :P but that would probably never work. Dumb parents would still let their kids use their credit cards and get into 18+ zone unless they have merciless bans from live for un-responsible parents.
Play with other XIM users here
http://xim360.com/community/index.php?topic=1144.0

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is. It's about respecting the will of others... And believing in your own." -Big Boss

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:50 AM - 10/05/08 »

I completely agree. Playing with kids was rare for me around launch time on cod2. Then after a while the squeeky voices came :(
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline floater6

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:45 AM - 10/07/08 »

I completely agree. Playing with kids was rare for me around launch time on cod2. Then after a while the squeeky voices came :(
VEEETOO!
Im a PC gamer, I am accustomed to the kiddies being quiet, as chances are they are playing on their parents PC's (with no mics).
I found that moving to console that there are an over-abundance of kids and immature people in general. I guess its easier to label a console as a childrens toy than a PC. Oh well.
Alex

Offline SUPRARACER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:22 AM - 10/07/08 »

VEEETOO!
Im a PC gamer, I am accustomed to the kiddies being quiet, as chances are they are playing on their parents PC's (with no mics).
I found that moving to console that there are an over-abundance of kids and immature people in general. I guess its easier to label a console as a childrens toy than a PC. Oh well.
Alex

x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:46 AM - 10/07/08 »
I'm getting lag in the majority of games I have played today. It seems like half the time I'm playing with some people from Europe.

This is my #1 complaint about all matchmaking. People from overseas, it's not them it's the lag. I want to know how someone from ireland (and I have verified and asked them a few times to make sure they were from there or wherever I suspected) can have 3 Green bars on Cod 4. I'll have 3 green bars too.

I am about to google this, but I want to know what the measurement of the bars are. If one has 4 Green bars, is that less than 50 ms lag, then 3 is 75ms or less then 2 is 100ms and 1 is 150ms.

Just tossing numbers out there but  this makes me mad.

Something else that makes me mad is there should be a filter for "US" only or "ALL" when matchmaking at the very least. Sure I would like to have a sort by ping and some pc like features, but I realize the devs are @#$% who don't want to spend the time to do that. I love IW for Cod4, but some of the interface choices and inherent isues make me mad. Some examples are, "Host ended game" then everyone freezes up and it goes back to lobbty. If this happened In halo 3 if host left, it would find a new host. WHY can't they do that in Cod4?

Just makes me so mad sometimes. If they would just add a US or ALL switch filter to matchmaking, it would be so much better.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:58 AM - 10/07/08 »
Well they should make an 18+ only zone so you don't have to play with 13 year old kids screaming into the microphone. Credit card needed to verify age :P but that would probably never work. Dumb parents would still let their kids use their credit cards and get into 18+ zone unless they have merciless bans from live for un-responsible parents.

Oh man I agree. Although, not everyone has a credit card. If however you could go to EB games and show Photo ID to be able to purchase an 18+ Xbox Live Pass for example. That would rock. Of course you'd have 12 year olds paying off stupid 19 year old highschool flunkies to go get passes.

VEEETOO!
Alex

Floater definitely has a point. Being that mic's are not a staple with PC's and I also find mic users few and far in between on PC, there may be just as many kids playing CS or TF2 on PC's as well, and you never really know.

What I don't agree with, when it comes to kids playing online or mature games for that matter, is that the parents of those children use it as a digital babysitter. "If my snot-nosed brat son Johnny isn't out torturing animals or vandalizing and costing me property damage fines and is in his room, completely absorbed in Halo 3... more power to the xbox." These are usually the kids screaming obscenities into their mics. They turn into "Croyts" or "Angry German Kids".

It's not so bad, if the kids online are polite or well mannered. I still don't agree that they should be playing a Mature rated game. But, come on. I remember when I was a kid. Sure, we had G-rated mario, but if it was the hottest NES game, we had to have it no matter how bad it was in terms of violence, gore, bad language, etc. Halo 3 is one of the top games for xbox, so naturally, all video game loving kids are going to want it and will play it.

Anyway, to keep this thread on topic, when it comes to lag, I do hope that they improve their network service. Some games, especially xbla are pretty choppy and laggy. It will be really nice to see more multiplayer indie titles, where gameplay is smooth.

This is my #1 complaint about all matchmaking. People from overseas, it's not them it's the lag. I want to know how someone from ireland (and I have verified and asked them a few times to make sure they were from there or wherever I suspected) can have 3 Green bars on Cod 4. I'll have 3 green bars too.

I am about to google this, but I want to know what the measurement of the bars are. If one has 4 Green bars, is that less than 50 ms lag, then 3 is 75ms or less then 2 is 100ms and 1 is 150ms.

Just tossing numbers out there but  this makes me mad.

Something else that makes me mad is there should be a filter for "US" only or "ALL" when matchmaking at the very least. Sure I would like to have a sort by ping and some pc like features, but I realize the devs are @#$% who don't want to spend the time to do that. I love IW for Cod4, but some of the interface choices and inherent isues make me mad. Some examples are, "Host ended game" then everyone freezes up and it goes back to lobbty. If this happened In halo 3 if host left, it would find a new host. WHY can't they do that in Cod4?

Just makes me so mad sometimes. If they would just add a US or ALL switch filter to matchmaking, it would be so much better.

Definitely agree with Nick. Everyone wanted Halo 3 to have server browsers and ping filtering, but Bungie, thinking that they are smarter, keep insisting that matchmaking works. Battlefield 2 was a good example. No one overseas dared join your server unless they had a ping under 100.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb" - Dark Helmet

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #11 on: 10:14 AM - 10/07/08 »
playing with 2 bars reminds me of my 56k CS days. You need to shot well in frt of the player to score the hit. I will just leave those games and take the lose.

I just mute the young-ins...I can only take being called a @#$% for a few rounds. I usually just tell them to take the beating like a man...

New GT so add me: ietpusi. My old account is about to expire and I wanted to start fresh with XIM360. No controller @#$% up the stats!!

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:27 PM - 10/07/08 »
playing with 2 bars reminds me of my 56k CS days. You need to shot well in frt of the player to score the hit. I will just leave those games and take the lose.

I just mute the young-ins...I can only take being called a @#$% for a few rounds. I usually just tell them to take the beating like a man...

New GT so add me: ietpusi. My old account is about to expire and I wanted to start fresh with XIM360. No controller @#$% up the stats!!

I thought about just starting over with new GT so I can see my actual progress from old account. I went from .85 to 1.11 and it rises about .01 every so often. Figured since most games I am going 20 and 10ish (+/- a few) should be closer to 1.8 or 2. But that would mean having to do everything over again and that makes me mad. I prestiged, and that is a waste of time in my opinion. I don' care about gold weps, if I do start a new account I am going to go to 55 and stay there. I wonder what CODWAW leveling is like? Hmm.

Anyway, I love it when I can play with 5 others. Cameltoe was part of our "crew" most of the  day last saturday along with Lurkinn, epicnerd, vietpie, omegacyclone and a few others that would rotate in and out. Should slap the XIM2 or 2MIX tag on, scare people with the clan goodness.

As far as the mic stuff, I get tired of the COD4 loading screen and people saying stuff like "Dirty Nword, I want to hang them all and hang you @#$%" knowing that no one can hear what they are saying during that loading screen. It's pretty freaking retarded to hear "Dude I sucked your @$#[email protected] last night" and while that may sound wierd (actual quote from someone online the other night) since normally they would say they want YOU to suck them, it just makes me mad. Soon as I find a retard on my team that does that crap (a non xim member always, xim members dont pull that crap) I mute them and then leave the next game and hopefully I get a good roll of the dice. Of course, if I have all xim members on my team, I don't have these issues at ALL if I got 6 for TDM.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:37 PM - 10/07/08 »
I thought about just starting over with new GT so I can see my actual progress from old account.

Guess this is the only good thing about waiting so long to get a 360. I haven't even activated my gold membership yet since I have yet to get in the mix.

Now that I have Halo 3, and soon will have COD5, that will be changing, and all my stats will be XIM360. Which could be good or bad since I tend to suck lol

I need to learn some strategy.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:31 PM - 10/07/08 »
I had fun last Saturday. I've never played with a full team of xim users. I think we had a total of 8 people using either xim1 or xim2 that day as well as unrealchrisg tearing it up with just an XFPS. He is going to be a monster when he gets a xim360. Anyway on Saturday I was less frustrated with my team, it was very organized by calling out enemy locations, strategies, and just more skill on my team than I'm used to. We should play again this saturday.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos