Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: 314 flash drop
« Reply #15 on: 09:47 AM - 03/15/11 »
Boost of 3000?  I've been playing around with boost settings of like 20 and under.  Perhaps I should test out larger numbers.

On CoD, toys said that he wants to skip a large portion of the deadzone and that high sensitivity players like to barely move their mouse and the reticule will skip the width of the site. The knobs were designed to support that scenario.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
« Reply #16 on: 10:01 AM - 03/15/11 »
I played around with the boots and jitter nobs for about an hour in Reach today.
I didnt find them to be of any use to me personaly. it did come up with some intressting things tho.

Like -1.0 Accel plus massive boots gave a dead fast movement but was really nasty in small movements.
I sure someone will fine the right settings and make it well good.

I think I need to understand how to use them more.
Like is there a raito between boots and jitter ?? or should they match etc.
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #17 on: 10:08 AM - 03/15/11 »
The Boost implementation can change again based on feedback, but, it's not something you should use if you have no need for it.

Boost skips DeadZone. Jitter is a mouse-deadzone before applying Boost. Without Jitter, your reticule is really jumpy because you are skipping deadzone. So, you have to tune it.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:02 AM - 03/15/11 »
I must admit like Arctic I need some graphs to be able to set something for boost the jitter knob and acceleration. I mean here in the forum, not the XIM3. Just some curves how different settings look like.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Soks

• Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:25 AM - 03/15/11 »
I played some black ops earlier and messed about with the boost and the jitter i got some funny movements and slower speeds occasionally it would move the reticule a bit after id stopped mouse movement but im guessing it would be the skipping of the deadszone that caused that ? With the auto aim pull too it made it feel a little unresponsive when aiming at a moving target .

I only went to 500 boost and about 400 jitter control (19.00 pri sens and 9.0 second)  but tbh like the others a greater understanding of the functions would help me fine tune and test them better and the ST's more effectively perhaps having a high dpi mouse(5600) there not even needed atall .

The settings i had earlier made it for want of a more technical term feel a bit 'floaty'   which wasnt easy on the eyes lol   , the movement speed was about right though .

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #20 on: 11:53 AM - 03/15/11 »
I must admit like Arctic I need some graphs to be able to set something for boost the jitter knob and acceleration. I mean here in the forum, not the XIM3. Just some curves how different settings look like.

roads, its much easier than you are thinking it is. Boost adds the value to your mouse movements. Jitter defines the threshold of your mouse movement before Boost is applied.

Offline thebeelzebub

• MVP
  • Desert Combat Whore
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TH3BEELZEBUB
« Reply #21 on: 12:00 PM - 03/15/11 »
Can't wait to start playing with this today. I love it when I tell my wife I'm not playing for fun, I'm playing for research. She doesn't buy it though.  :D

My gf thinks it's cool that I get to test out stuff before it's officially released. And she doesn't mind that I play video games because I'm really good at them. She said she'd have a problem if I sucked at them. Love her.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:08 PM - 03/15/11 »
OK I get that its not just the boost, its also how acceleration works. I mean what type you chose. I am not sure, thatís the problem, but it feels like acceleration is exponential as numbers above 0.6 accelerate crazy fast suddenly. Some curves would really explain this well for everyone. I donīt think itís a secret or is it? No work for you, just tell what functions they are and kodek can draw them in mathematica. Then with that a support movie could be made about the advanced settings with those curves. Would be much easier to understand and set them.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #23 on: 12:18 PM - 03/15/11 »
My gf thinks it's cool that I get to test out stuff before it's officially released. And she doesn't mind that I play video games because I'm really good at them. She said she'd have a problem if I sucked at them. Love her.

My gf and I had pretty much the same conversation. Did you steal my gf at some point?
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:21 PM - 03/15/11 »
If a girls does not let the guy play games itís a compatibility issue. You have to change the hardware then. This seems to be off-topic or is there a flash-drop imminent?

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12:24 PM - 03/15/11 »
yall are so wrong to begin with. sleeping on the couch is the BEST. that way you can play all you want provided you can struggle your way to being awake in the morning.

and if she whines, tell her she snores like her mother.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01:16 PM - 03/15/11 »
314 working great with lower dpi mice. I can definately see some improvements with higher boost values than previous firmware versions.   Haven't reached a point yet to where the jitter knob is needed but still I'm reaching much higher sensitivities than ever before . Nice job Obsiv.  ;)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #27 on: 02:03 PM - 03/15/11 »
314 working great with lower dpi mice. I can definately see some improvements with higher boost values than previous firmware versions.   Haven't reached a point yet to where the jitter knob is needed but still I'm reaching much higher sensitivities than ever before . Nice job Obsiv.  ;)

Yes, don't use the jitter knob if you don't need it. Vehicle and low DPI mice will work well with Boost. It was my hope that Jitter would help in high sensitivity scenarios.

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04:01 PM - 03/15/11 »

I concur. I am using a low dpi mouse. Boost helps quite a bit.

Offline Jedimaster1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jedimasterone1
  • PSN ID: SithLord5577
« Reply #29 on: 04:28 PM - 03/15/11 »
Just  downloaded will give it some testing out later on , thanks Obsiv !

Can't wait to start playing with this today. I love it when I tell my wife I'm not playing for fun, I'm playing for research. She doesn't buy it though.  :D

LOL.  I tried that with my wife too and she just gave me "the look".  She ain't buying it either.

Lol same here , mine hates COD with a passion , mostly because i cant help but yell at it all the time
Lol, my wife hates when I yell at the tv, mostly because it is followed by kicking whatever is close :)