XIM Community

314 flash drop  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
314 flash drop
« on: 01:56 AM - 03/15/11 »
Wow, been anticipating for this...very excited to get my feet home...will definitely try it...jitter knob, sound interesting...

thanks OBsIV for such a dedication...

Offline technogiant

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: 314 flash drop
« Reply #1 on: 02:00 AM - 03/15/11 »
I was hoping Obsiv could give us a description of how the boost and boost jitter knobs work, what do they do, I understand he's done something different to what he was originally thinking....I won't have time to try it till later either.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 02:02 AM - 03/15/11 »
For Boost, add it it a little at a time and see how it feels. Halo is touchy, CoD is less touchy. Move your mouse very little and you'll see the jitter if it happens. If so, increase the Jitter knob.

Right now, in CoD, a Boost of 3000 makes it so you can do a 360 in less than a centimeter.

The Jitter knob just dampens the Boost up to the Jitter point. When you set the Jitter knob, you are tell XIM3 where the Jitter begins, that's all (like a Boost dead zone).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:03 AM - 03/15/11 »
thank GOD the numbers move faster.
you could overshoot a target 20 fukin times now and youd STILL get there faster than previously possible.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline technogiant

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:06 AM - 03/15/11 »
Thanks again for this, can't wait to try it.

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:06 AM - 03/15/11 »

The Jitter knob just dampens the Boost up to the Jitter point. When you set the Jitter knob, you are tell XIM3 where the Jitter begins, that's all (like a Boost dead zone).

OBsIV, really making me too excited for this...

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 02:08 AM - 03/15/11 »
thank GOD the numbers move faster.

Yes, I've been getting a lot of feedabck about that.

Now, the increment doubles every 1/10th second. Gives big speed up and also feedback so you know where you are.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:24 AM - 03/15/11 »
ya works way better.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline Madmanozz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:43 AM - 03/15/11 »
Can't wait to start playing with this today. I love it when I tell my wife I'm not playing for fun, I'm playing for research. She doesn't buy it though.  :D

Offline technogiant

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:53 AM - 03/15/11 »
ya works way better.

Thats great news, can't wait till I can try this later.

Offline troysloth

• MVP
  • Semper Fi, Do or Die, OORAH!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jarhead xSSGTx
« Reply #10 on: 04:41 AM - 03/15/11 »
Can't wait to start playing with this today. I love it when I tell my wife I'm not playing for fun, I'm playing for research. She doesn't buy it though.  :D

LOL.  I tried that with my wife too and she just gave me "the look".  She ain't buying it either.
Staff Sergeant, United States Marine Corps, Retired (1984-2004)
Distinguished Marksman 1993, Distinguished Pistol Shot 2002

Marine Corps Marksmanship:  You can run, but you will just die tired.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."  John J. Pershing, General, United States Army, World War 1

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."  Ronald Reagan, 1985

Offline Sh1nob1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:03 AM - 03/15/11 »

LOL.  I tried that with my wife too and she just gave me "the look".  She ain't buying it either.

LOL  as long as you are not sleeping on the couch yet is all good.

Flash 314
+1 on the  "Super-Preview"  quick button config  = Ready to play in less than a minute!   Making button configs on the fly is an A+ on my book.  Great Job Team  8)

+1 changing sensitivity  knob # is quicker.. No longer you have to hold the D pad for a long time!
« Last Edit: 05:06 PM - 03/15/11 by Sh1nob1 »
()xxxxxxxxx||::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
        Eat, Sleep ,Assasinate

Offline Soks

• Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:43 AM - 03/15/11 »
Just  downloaded will give it some testing out later on , thanks Obsiv !

Lol same here , mine hates COD with a passion , mostly because i cant help but yell at it all the time

Offline troysloth

• MVP
  • Semper Fi, Do or Die, OORAH!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jarhead xSSGTx
« Reply #13 on: 09:38 AM - 03/15/11 »
Lol same here , mine hates COD with a passion , mostly because i cant help but yell at it all the time

That very thing has ended many of my gaming sessions.  My wife doesn't mind me playing while she sleeps and I use headphones, but me yelling at the game has woke her up and then it's game over immediately.
Staff Sergeant, United States Marine Corps, Retired (1984-2004)
Distinguished Marksman 1993, Distinguished Pistol Shot 2002

Marine Corps Marksmanship:  You can run, but you will just die tired.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."  John J. Pershing, General, United States Army, World War 1

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."  Ronald Reagan, 1985

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:45 AM - 03/15/11 »
Boost of 3000?  I've been playing around with boost settings of like 20 and under.  Perhaps I should test out larger numbers.

Admin