XIM Community

Brand New Xbox controller [black]  (Read 1220 times)

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Brand New Xbox controller [black]
« on: 04:51 PM - 03/12/11 »
Hey guys, i had to buy a brand new xbox controller wired because i took apart my old one.  It is wired and works with the xim3 it is a microsoft controller, however everyone complains that my mic sounds like @#$% now.  This and the new firmware are the only things that changed.

Offline illusion

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MiracIe x
Re: Brand New Xbox controller [black]
« Reply #1 on: 04:52 PM - 03/12/11 »
I have a brand new controller and have never had anyone mention anything.  They didn't say anything when I was on the 220 drop either.  Maybe try a different headset?

Offline CicatrizESP33

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CicatrizESP33
« Reply #2 on: 05:24 PM - 03/12/11 »
Unfortunately the wired controllers seem to be 50/50 whether they work properly with a mic or not. I bought one from Newegg and was in a party and everyone was complaining about my mic being stuck open so I basically had to put the mute setting on. I tested my mic (tritton ax720) and the generic mic on the wired controller plugged into the xim in every usb port and, without the xim, in every usb port... no matter what, party chat showed my mic as being stuck on. I tested both mics on 3 of my wireless controllers (obviously not through the xim) and they all worked perfectly fine.

I then bought a new wired controller from Best Buy and it seems to be working perfectly fine. I couldn't even begin to explain to you what the problem is, just that it seems to be the flip of a coin whether the wire controller has problems or not.

Offline Edwood

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:03 AM - 03/13/11 »
Yup, return it for an exchange for a new one.  Quality control for wired controllers has gone down the crapper.

I had return one, second one worked fine.
XIM4 + Run and Gun = Fun.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #4 on: 02:08 PM - 03/13/11 »
I own two now, neither works well with the mic. 

Offline Orbital_sFear

• XIM3 OS Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:26 PM - 03/13/11 »
Hey Guys,

The quality issues with audio is being looked into.  Sadly, the audio pass through is rather complicated, and very finicky to get working at all.

That being said, we are working on the issue.  The fix that is being implemented is rather extensive.  For now we all have to struggle through the issue, but that wont be the case forever.

-Orbital
Perfection is always striving for improvement.