XIM Community

problem with BO ADS switchers  (Read 1704 times)

Offline csashton

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CSA76
problem with BO ADS switchers
« on: 03:48 AM - 03/09/11 »
ive copied my black ops profile and set up another with higher sensitivity settings for the ADS fix , the problem is as i switch between the two it kinda gets stuck on one of them

so i set my mouse button as aim,when i press it in black ops profile it will aim the weapon and then switch to black ops "copy" profile and stay in aimed mode as im using NOMAD config ingame,sensitivity will increase and moving while in aim mode feels easier

once ive finished shooting/aiming i press the aim button again to unaim and ive set that up to switch me back to the original black ops config,now this works fine for a few occasions then it will randomly get stuck in black ops "copy" profile and the role of the switchers will become reversed

what could be causing it to get stuck ? i know setting a third button to switch back to original BO cofig will work but that doesnt really fix the problem as it will happen again within a minute or two

any other fixes ?

----- 1 HOUSE |1 CAR |1 WIFE |3 KIDS -----

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: problem with BO ADS switchers
« Reply #1 on: 11:10 AM - 03/09/11 »
When it gets "stuck" are you sure you're not dying or otherwise doing something to get bumped out of ADS in-game? The XIM can't see if you are ADSing or not in game, so if something removes you from ADS (like death or throwing a grenade) it can get out of sync.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Noquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:11 PM - 03/09/11 »
Drop nomad as if u die whilst in ads it will become stuck there. However a simple press of the ads/right mouse button should reset back to your primary configuration depending on which way round you have set the switchers.  Just get used to hold for ads though is my advice. Took me about an hour of dummy play to get used to it.

Offline Jedimaster1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jedimasterone1
  • PSN ID: SithLord5577
« Reply #3 on: 12:44 PM - 03/09/11 »
Yeah, I am experiencing the same thing. After death, I forget to switch it back to the hip fire and things go all quagmire from there. So may just go back to holding -- although I loathe it...

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #4 on: 01:27 PM - 03/09/11 »
would suggest mapping a second switcher under your ADS profile to your primary profile to a rarely used key or key you only use when not using ADS (like melee).
that's what I do. I have a few switchers I use (Kill streaks, "sniper" and ADS) and I can ALWAYS switch back to the main profile by hitting my "panic" button (melee seemed appropriate, so I have primary profile AND melee both mapped to Mouse Back button on all secondary profiles)

Offline csashton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:52 PM - 03/09/11 »
thanks for the replies , i think youve shed some light on why its happening

im just gunna disable the switcher for now and hope the new FW drop fixes it :)

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:00 PM - 03/09/11 »
it won't...
it's getting "stuck" because you're dying when the XIM is on the ADS profile, the new drop won't remedy that.

two options -
1) DON'T DIE WHEN ADSing!  :)
2) Make another "emergency" switcher like I suggest that will always load your default profile no matter what.

Option 2 is probably easier...

actually, I may have to take this back - the new f/w drop MAY fix it in the sense that I THINK one of the options being considered/tested is to have the secondary sens actually be able to switch translators itself...
if it can, then, yeah, I take it back, it should fix it.
But in the meantime (and considering we don't know that's the case and we don't know when it will drop) you should seriously consider option 2... (unless you can figure out option 1, if you can, share. :) )

Offline csashton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:02 PM - 03/09/11 »
thanks for the info :)

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:42 AM - 03/10/11 »
or just join the dark side & don't use toggle ads in COD games ;) outside of maybe physical limitations, there's not a single positive reason to use it off-PC (where the look rate is not capped)

slayer has a fine idea in double mapping melee to also return to HF. you could also bind it to X/Reload seeing as that is the spawn in key for respawn gametypes. with both, you'd have to remember while playing that you are toggling your look rate. (this would be an issue when knifing from ADS/cancling reloads with the knife, and reloading while ADS & not returning to ADS).

the secondary sens itself can be any of the following:
smart translator (basic, same as it is now)
with advanced translator giving the option to use any of the smart translators as a base for custom user settings, or full custom user settings (same as it is now)
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline csashton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:20 AM - 03/10/11 »
Ok ive set it up to use "sprint" as my reset key and its working pretty well now,one thing i have noticed and i dont know if its black ops or xim is that when you are in aimed mode the target assist is really off,if i hip fire i get ALOT more kills than if i actually aim,once i do aim its seems target assist really throw your aim wide

has any one else noticed that ?

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:33 AM - 03/10/11 »
ooh... sprint may not work well if you decide to do any sniping... if you don't snipe, then no big.
not sure about the aim assist/ADS - is this in all situations or only when other potential targets are close? if the latter, yeah, the other target may be pulling you off... former, I have no idea, haven't noticed... of course I HF about 90% of the time these days...

I like toys idea of using X/reload since that's the spawn key and obviously you won' t be ADSing while reloading...

Offline csashton

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:33 AM - 03/10/11 »
I dont snipe but if i do try it i'll remap to reload/spawn :)

Admin