XIM Community

XCM Cross Battle Adapter warning!  (Read 2161 times)

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
  • Gamertag: Sikpup
  • PSN ID: sik-pup
XCM Cross Battle Adapter warning!
« on: 03:56 PM - 01/28/09 »
Hey Guys,
I want to let you know that the XCM cross battle adapter does work with the xim2, but there is one problem with the unit:  It constantly disconnects and requires you restarting the xim software and plugging the controller back in (as well as the usb cable to the pc).  I thought this was a problem between the the Cross Battle Adapter and the xim2, but it turns out that people with regular 360 controllers are experiencing the same thing.  I sent mine back and I am waiting for the replacement, but having heard that many other people have this issue, I am not confident.  I have yet to hear from the other members on the board who have the cross battle adapter and the xim2... hopefully they have no problems and it is indeed a rare defect.
Science without experimentation is a vain and unprofitable pursuit

Offline derek242

• View Profile
Re: XCM Cross Battle Adapter warning!
« Reply #1 on: 11:43 AM - 01/29/09 »
I hope it gets figured out, cuz i wanna get a xim 2 with a new high dpi trackball i found.
Please post your experiences with this XCM ....

Offline aN4rK1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:26 PM - 01/29/09 »
Id be interested to see who else is having problems because I want to buy this one day.
Maybe the XBA isnt able to handle what the xim2-isntalled controller is throwing at it? Since its not a regular controller.

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
« Reply #3 on: 04:23 PM - 01/29/09 »
It has nothing to do with xim2.  It happens with regular controllers.  The output from the xim2 is the same as any wired controller.

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #4 on: 02:17 PM - 01/31/09 »
Just got mine today.

It has not disconnected on me, but there is a horrible problem with this thing. There is a huge delay between firing and it occuring on the screen. Not liking that at all!!

I mean its like......click...fire....its not instantaneous. Not useable in my opinion.

@#$% wasted 50.00 bucks on this thing because people here said it worked exactly like it does on the 360!! @#$%!!

Went and hooked up xim1 and did a side by side comparison vs xim 2 with the xba! No contest XIM1 wins hands down....it is much more responsive and no delay at all!!
« Last Edit: 03:32 PM - 01/31/09 by cameltoe »

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
« Reply #5 on: 04:03 PM - 01/31/09 »
Mine worked perfectly, other than the disconnect issue.  I did not see that problem at all.  There was no delay whatsoever.  Perhaps you have a faulty unit? I only played COD4 and WAW with it, but it played exactly the same as it does on my 360.

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #6 on: 12:52 PM - 02/01/09 »
i tried both those games and there is a delay.

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
« Reply #7 on: 05:59 PM - 02/01/09 »
Sux dude.  Mine doesn't.  Return it.  I had no problem returning mine and they refunded me right away.  Ordered a new one from another place after they confirmed the disconnect issue had been addressed.  I play a lot of games, and an issue like that would annoy me instantly.  Rest assured it did not happen with mine.

Offline derek242

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:48 AM - 02/04/09 »
what do you mean "they confirmed the disconnect issue had been addressed"
so your not having the problem any more with your new unit? above you also wrote that it happens with 360 caontrollers. so is it the 360 controller causing it, or was it your first xcm?

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
« Reply #9 on: 02:32 PM - 02/04/09 »
It means that XCM themselves admitted there was a disconnect issue and posted a "fix" on their forum.  My new unit did disconnect too, however when I played last night sans CCU it never disconnected.  I am playing again tonight (still with no CCU) and am interested to see if it disconnects.  If it doesn't disconnect, it may have something to do with the CCU.  I don't know what it could be, but so far so good.