XIM Community

5.1 Headset, need help ASAP  (Read 14035 times)

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Re: 5.1 Headset, need help ASAP
« Reply #45 on: 03:58 PM - 03/06/11 »
I need an external mic, for some reason the Labtec LVA-7330 are impossible to find being discontinued and all. Does anyone know a good alternative? Maybe a newer version perhaps? Thanks...

http://compare.ebay.com/like/270713795065?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=215755000031&crlp=1_263602_309572&UA=%3F*S%3F&GUID=87ebbad512e0a0b3f8f54595ffd50c6f&itemid=270713795065&ff4=263602_309572

Offline Seriousface2

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Seriousface2
« Reply #46 on: 10:21 PM - 03/06/11 »
I need an external mic, for some reason the Labtec LVA-7330 are impossible to find being discontinued and all. Does anyone know a good alternative? Maybe a newer version perhaps? Thanks...

http://compare.ebay.com/like/270713795065?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=215755000031&crlp=1_263602_309572&UA=%3F*S%3F&GUID=87ebbad512e0a0b3f8f54595ffd50c6f&itemid=270713795065&ff4=263602_309572

Alright Elmo, so I went out and bought two things...

The Y cable,  but I really think its the wrong one...

And I got a better optic cable.

My understanding is that I will need that optic cable for the XBOX to the mixamp and the Y cable is to make the Mic  work for my 360?

I hear the mixamp comes with its own cablea so I will use those as well!

So am K all set or what?

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12:04 AM - 03/07/11 »
So am K all set or what?

You know it! I'm excited for you.  The Y cable is a 3.5mm cable, one side is pink the other is green if they don't have little images of headsets and microphones.  Make sure they are gold plated.

I'm so happy for you it's like you had a baby.

Offline vachina

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: vachynah
  • PSN ID: vachyna
« Reply #48 on: 12:23 AM - 03/07/11 »
I too just ordered the astro mixamp as well, thanks to this thread LOL. If I dont like how my audio technicas and this mic http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-HEADSET-MICROPHONE-JSKM193/dp/B003XM8234 turn out, I might just pick up those sennheiser pc360's also.
XIM3 on PS3
Logitech G700 w/ C4 Ngen mouse pad
PS3 move navigator & Logitech G13
Astro mixamp w/ Sennheiser PC 360

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12:30 AM - 03/07/11 »
I too just ordered the astro mixamp as well, thanks to this thread LOL. If I dont like how my audio technicas and this mic http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-HEADSET-MICROPHONE-JSKM193/dp/B003XM8234 turn out, I might just pick up those sennheiser pc360's also.

I think that setup should be fine with the mixamp.

Offline Seriousface2

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Seriousface2
« Reply #50 on: 02:07 AM - 03/07/11 »

I think that setup should be fine with the mixamp.

So wait what all comes with the mixamp as far cords are concerned?

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 02:12 AM - 03/07/11 »
So wait what all comes with the mixamp as far cords are concerned?

Look at the manual.

Offline Recite

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Recite77
  • PSN ID: nathanbaugher
« Reply #52 on: 12:16 PM - 03/07/11 »
About to purchase some Triton COD True 5.1 Analog Gaming Headsets
Quick!!! Will I be able to use these with 360? !? I heard about people using them please hurry!!

Just get an "Astro Mixamp" and a decent pair of stereo headphones/ in-ears.
5.1 Headsets just don't cut it!

How is that?  The tritton ax pros have dolby digital.  I have an optical cable going from my headset directly in the XBOX.  Unless there's a better connection than actual optical cable I think you could be mistaken.

Although I saw he said COD True "ANALOG" which is MUCH DIFFERENT.  AX PRO's are Digital and come with an optical cable and everything else you need to connect it to PC/PS3/XBOX/Stereo

You can connect the "MixAmp" via optical cable as well.
If you like you can also turn the original 5.1 DD signal coming from your game into "Dolby Headphone" (surround for stereo headphones).
Gaming headsets are very bad sounding compared to a decent pair of stereo headphones/ in-ears. That's all.

The "MixAmp" can furthermore used as a DAC/ headphone amplifier on your computer or stereo for listening to music or watching movies.
If you'd for example get a "MixAmp" + "AKG 701" you would have a very good gaming system.
You'd need to buy a separate mic though.

"Tritton", "Turtle Beach" and what not are seriously utter trash when it comes to sound quality.
Don't waste your money on those.

Other famous headphones for gaming would be e.g.: "Sennheiser HD-600", "Audio Technica ATH AD-700".
I personally prefer in-ears .

I would have to agree that stereo or pro audio in-ears are just superior to gaming head sets.  I use Shure E5's with custom molded ears when I play live concerts.  I would love to be able to use those with the xbox.  Sounds like I would be able to with this mixer.

What I've been struggling with is coming up with a completely wireless solution to audio/voice.  Pretty much everything I found requires the cable to be plugged into the controller for voice.  I ended up purchasing the xbox 360 wireless headset, but it doesn't push the game audio through. 

Would be awesome if I could use my e5's for audio and have a wireless mic for voice.
... preach the Gospal at all times and, when nessesary, use words.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 12:30 PM - 03/07/11 »
Would be awesome if I could use my e5's for audio and have a wireless mic for voice.

This makes me think of two products:
1) Hack the 2.4 Wireless signals for the wireless headset and build an adapter that connects via the xbox controller cable to anything.
2) Create a piggyback wireless signal using two wireless transmitters one into the controller and one into the other input.  Allowing for any mic system, this might also be accomplish-able via 3.5mm wireless system with a converter to the xbox input system.  I'll do some more research and post something.

Offline Madwombatz

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01:18 PM - 03/07/11 »
I barely read any of the replies, since its usually all the same for these types of questions, so not sure if this was mentioned or not.

Below is the best you can get for the 360. Bar None.

Best positioning. Great sound quality. Works with both PC and 360. And the price is real good too.

The Pro gamer,Holiday Doc, who trains MLG and GB teams, swears by these. I have also been using these for a while with the Soundblaster Extigy 5.1 decoder and dont know how I got by without them before.

http://www.competitivegamingaudio.com/CGAHPA2.htm

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01:26 PM - 03/07/11 »
The Pro gamer,Holiday Doc, who trains MLG and GB teams, swears by these. I have also been using these for a while with the Soundblaster Extigy 5.1 decoder and dont know how I got by without them before.

I doubt sub-par $100 headphones beat audiophiles headphones.

Offline Edwood

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 01:32 PM - 03/07/11 »
I barely read any of the replies, since its usually all the same for these types of questions, so not sure if this was mentioned or not.

Best positioning. Great sound quality. Works with both PC and 360. And the price is real good too.

Not THE best bar none.  But other options are a lot more expensive.
XIM4 + Run and Gun = Fun.

Offline DynStatic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DynStatic
« Reply #57 on: 02:35 PM - 03/07/11 »
I ordered the Mixamp 5.8. I play on a big tv that is across the room. I've got enough cables with the XIM that I don't need any more.

Can't wait to get it!

Offline matttehman

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 02:54 PM - 03/07/11 »

Not THE best bar none.  But other options are a lot more expensive.

Surely the CGA HPA2 is king for spacial awareness at a decent pricepoint. Any true surround headphone right now just can't match the sound quality of a good-quality stereo pair. I have the Tritton Pro's, I am no audiophile, and they do work great for sound-w****ing. I plan to purchase the CGA HPA2 package or piece it together myself, and let the AxPro's go cheap, or sell them to a friend. I might even user the Tritton mixamp with the HPA2's. 0_o

So many options!

SeriousFace I know how you feel man! I tend to stress(over-researching) some of my purchases, and often times the best solution is to just splurge for the Goods!
Xbone FTW
~Owner of every XIM

Offline Madwombatz

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 03:04 PM - 03/07/11 »

I doubt sub-par $100 headphones beat audiophiles headphones.

I didnt realise people needed audiophile headphones to play on the 360.  ::)

And these are far from sub-par, thanks for your unfounded and baseless opinion.

Admin