XIM Community

5.1 Headset, need help ASAP  (Read 14034 times)

Offline Seriousface2

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Seriousface2
Re: 5.1 Headset, need help ASAP
« Reply #30 on: 11:03 PM - 03/05/11 »
astro mixamp + Sennheiser PC360 if you want a headset

or

astro mixamp + Sennheiser HD555 if you want to save money (you can turn those into almost 595,and jus buy a cheap mic for chat)

or

astro mixamp + Audio Technica AD700 if you want the BEST for an accessible price.

this has been discussed at length here in another thread..

OK Everyone and Elmo, the Muppet guy person.

So Yeah... I kinda just snapped and got this combo online for an unfathomable amount of money...

astro mixamp + Sennheiser PC360 Headset...

Yeah I did it. I did it so I would never have to worry about it again ever.... Its over. Its done.

But somehow on the Astro Mixamp I made a really bad shipping error... I some how messed up and did not pick 2-day shipping and the charge went through. Fail on my part but Astro was contacted. So yeah, I did it. I hate myself right now and hope I do not goto hell. Pray for me. please :)

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #31 on: 11:04 PM - 03/05/11 »
sell some stuff on ebay you'll feel better.

make sure it comes with th y-cable.

Offline JReyes624

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11:09 PM - 03/05/11 »
You can try the Steelseries models. They have one specifically for the Xbox 360 (Will also work on PC) that is just a different version of their 5Hv2 set. They are also soon coming out with a PS3 headset that will also work with the 360. Steelseries is a pretty trusted brand in the PC world so I'm sure their console stuff is top notch too.

Here's a link: http://steelseries.com/us/products/consoles

These headsets come with Steelseries' own mixer that plugs straight into the controller. It is said to level out in game sound and team voice communication so one doesn't drown out the other. Of course you can still change the levels manually but this feature sounds nice. I'm looking into getting a pair for myself when I can.

I hope you can override that auto volume feature.  There's a lot of times I just need to turn down chat volume because people are inanely chattering, and I can't hear what's going on around me, only to get knifed in the back.

Yes you can change levels independently as I stated. I think this feature is more for team matches where hearing a call out is the difference between getting the kill or dying.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11:16 PM - 03/05/11 »
Yes you can change levels independently as I stated. I think this feature is more for team matches where hearing a call out is the difference between getting the kill or dying.

He already bought awesome sauce

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #34 on: 11:23 PM - 03/05/11 »
seriousface its like when you bought the XIM3:

expensive, but once you get it, you'll never think of going back.
 ;D

its the best setup with a built in mic and for that amount of money. so its a good purchase, love yourself and never worry about this again until it breaks or something ahahah
soon..

Offline Venomqld

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D3ath V3n0m
« Reply #35 on: 07:02 AM - 03/06/11 »
OK Everyone and Elmo, the Muppet guy person.

So Yeah... I kinda just snapped and got this combo online for an unfathomable amount of money...

astro mixamp + Sennheiser PC360 Headset...

Yeah I did it. I did it so I would never have to worry about it again ever.... Its over. Its done.

But somehow on the Astro Mixamp I made a really bad shipping error... I some how messed up and did not pick 2-day shipping and the charge went through. Fail on my part but Astro was contacted. So yeah, I did it. I hate myself right now and hope I do not goto hell. Pray for me. please :)

I know you made your choice allready but another alternative also is Sharkoon XTatic Gaming Headset 5.1 can be used with Xbox/PS2/PS3/PC/DVD.

http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=de/node/973

i have a pair myself and they work well, allthough i have not tried others.

Offline trfnj74

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: stinkfists74
« Reply #36 on: 09:49 AM - 03/06/11 »
You won’t regret buying the Sennheiser PC360 Headset with the Astro mix-amp. I have that setup and I love it the headset is very comfortable. The mic works very well....I do have the Mix-amp 5.8 though wireless version but they are basically the same. I have to change batteries every two days or so. I purchased 9 Energizer AAA rechargeable batteries so I always have two sets ready to go......Good luck and I hope you love them.....

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10:59 AM - 03/06/11 »
The Sharkoon XTatic are the Trittons in a different package.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11:04 AM - 03/06/11 »
You're going to be so happy with your new baby.

Offline Seriousface2

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Seriousface2
« Reply #39 on: 01:17 PM - 03/06/11 »
And the mic works for chat through the mix amp through the optical cable into the Xbox?
yup

This is my setup but with the splitter you can run any mic into it (that uses 3.5mm)

Hold up I know I bought the stuff and buying a Y adapter right this second, but do I need optical cables and Special cables for the mic connection too?

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01:30 PM - 03/06/11 »
Things you need:
Y-Cable
Optical Cable

On the xbox make sure you have the optical port on the component cable or if you are using hdmi you need to have the audio kit.

Offline trfnj74

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: stinkfists74
« Reply #41 on: 01:38 PM - 03/06/11 »
I have the the Xbox slim so I didn't need to buy any additional cables everything comes with the mix-amp that you need. You might want to invest in a more sturdier optical cable though as the one that comes with the amp is pretty flimsy.

Offline Edwood

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03:25 PM - 03/06/11 »
SeriousFace2, that's a much nicer combo you've ordered now.   :)
XIM4 + Run and Gun = Fun.

Offline ChrisTre

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03:27 PM - 03/06/11 »
About to purchase some Triton COD True 5.1 Analog Gaming Headsets
Quick!!! Will I be able to use these with 360? !? I heard about people using them please hurry!!

Just get an "Astro Mixamp" and a decent pair of stereo headphones/ in-ears.
5.1 Headsets just don't cut it!

How is that?  The tritton ax pros have dolby digital.  I have an optical cable going from my headset directly in the XBOX.  Unless there's a better connection than actual optical cable I think you could be mistaken.

Although I saw he said COD True "ANALOG" which is MUCH DIFFERENT.  AX PRO's are Digital and come with an optical cable and everything else you need to connect it to PC/PS3/XBOX/Stereo

You can connect the "MixAmp" via optical cable as well.
If you like you can also turn the original 5.1 DD signal coming from your game into "Dolby Headphone" (surround for stereo headphones).
Gaming headsets are very bad sounding compared to a decent pair of stereo headphones/ in-ears. That's all.

The "MixAmp" can furthermore used as a DAC/ headphone amplifier on your computer or stereo for listening to music or watching movies.
If you'd for example get a "MixAmp" + "AKG 701" you would have a very good gaming system.
You'd need to buy a separate mic though.

"Tritton", "Turtle Beach" and what not are seriously utter trash when it comes to sound quality.
Don't waste your money on those.

Other famous headphones for gaming would be e.g.: "Sennheiser HD-600", "Audio Technica ATH AD-700".
I personally prefer in-ears .

Offline vachina

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: vachynah
  • PSN ID: vachyna
« Reply #44 on: 03:54 PM - 03/06/11 »
I need an external mic, for some reason the Labtec LVA-7330 are impossible to find being discontinued and all. Does anyone know a good alternative? Maybe a newer version perhaps? Thanks...
XIM3 on PS3
Logitech G700 w/ C4 Ngen mouse pad
PS3 move navigator & Logitech G13
Astro mixamp w/ Sennheiser PC 360