XIM Community

5.1 Headset, need help ASAP  (Read 14033 times)

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Re: 5.1 Headset, need help ASAP
« Reply #15 on: 07:21 PM - 03/05/11 »
Comfort on Trittons are not that bad but I do want the sound quality. @#$% why does the muppet always have to be right!?

Well here is where I am going to have an issue,  The super great headsets-- at least to my knowlede can not be bought from the store -_-... I can really only use them for 5 days then its back to work, so at this point I not wany to deal with any shipping or extra tax... and I don't have time to wait. :( Sadly enough.

Buy the Trittons and see what you think, just keep the receipt because they are horrid...I bought them and Turtle Beach's because of your exact thought...then i bought some Astro A40's and then I finally bought the PC360's there isn't a comparison.  By comfort I meant that any headset that isn't open ear is going to make you sweat and feel like a fat lazy @#$%.

Offline DynStatic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DynStatic
« Reply #16 on: 07:26 PM - 03/05/11 »
I have HD-595's and PC-360's. Which mix amp should I get? The wireless one looks nice. How does the mic on the PC-360 work with the Xbox?

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:38 PM - 03/05/11 »
wired, you use a Y cable that comes with it

Offline DynStatic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DynStatic
« Reply #18 on: 07:44 PM - 03/05/11 »
And the mic works for chat through the mix amp through the optical cable into the Xbox?

Offline vachina

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: vachynah
  • PSN ID: vachyna
« Reply #19 on: 07:47 PM - 03/05/11 »
Ok, I got the tritton AX Pro's and I agree, they are uncomfortable. Good thing I have my receipt. I am too thinking about getting the astro mixamp paired up with my audio technica ad 700 head phones, the most comfortable ones ever! What about mic inputs? Whats a good mic to pair with it? Also can you increase or decrease the voice from other people?
XIM3 on PS3
Logitech G700 w/ C4 Ngen mouse pad
PS3 move navigator & Logitech G13
Astro mixamp w/ Sennheiser PC 360

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:00 PM - 03/05/11 »
And the mic works for chat through the mix amp through the optical cable into the Xbox?
yup

This is my setup but with the splitter you can run any mic into it (that uses 3.5mm)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #21 on: 08:50 PM - 03/05/11 »
astro mixamp + Sennheiser PC360 if you want a headset

or

astro mixamp + Sennheiser HD555 if you want to save money (you can turn those into almost 595,and jus buy a cheap mic for chat)

or

astro mixamp + Audio Technica AD700 if you want the BEST for an accessible price.

this has been discussed at length here in another thread..
soon..

Offline Seriousface2

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Seriousface2
« Reply #22 on: 08:55 PM - 03/05/11 »
http://www.amazon.com/System-Xbox-360-PlayStation-3-PC/dp/B0019LJ44C

Those are thw Astros...

I dunno.this decision is hard to make cause I will not be home for like 2-3 months... So I may just have to start witj the Trittons even though I really  want the Astros. I have to pay extra money for the Astros and  Im willing to pay the extra, but not right now... I woulda done it 1 month ago :(

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #23 on: 09:23 PM - 03/05/11 »
astro's A40 have a new 2011 edition, which mean more price on those and less on old one's but they're rubbish when compared to the pc360 for example...

why don't you just buy it one piece at a time... first the mixamp and then the headphones or vice versa?
soon..

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09:27 PM - 03/05/11 »
Im willing to pay the extra, but not right now... I woulda done it 1 month ago :(

I hope you don't regret it.

Offline JReyes624

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09:29 PM - 03/05/11 »
You can try the Steelseries models. They have one specifically for the Xbox 360 (Will also work on PC) that is just a different version of their 5Hv2 set. They are also soon coming out with a PS3 headset that will also work with the 360. Steelseries is a pretty trusted brand in the PC world so I'm sure their console stuff is top notch too.

Here's a link: http://steelseries.com/us/products/consoles

These headsets come with Steelseries' own mixer that plugs straight into the controller. It is said to level out in game sound and team voice communication so one doesn't drown out the other. Of course you can still change the levels manually but this feature sounds nice. I'm looking into getting a pair for myself when I can.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09:31 PM - 03/05/11 »
You can try the Steelseries models

He can't buy that in a store either.

Offline JReyes624

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09:35 PM - 03/05/11 »
Oh and it looks like Steelseries is coming out with a newer 360 model called the 7XB. It's wireless and has a few sound settings so you can use it for more than just gaming. The wireless tech looks solid and the less wires that can break on me down the road the better.

Offline JReyes624

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09:40 PM - 03/05/11 »
You can try the Steelseries models

He can't buy that in a store either.

Didn't see that part. But from the looks of that post I don't really understand why he can't buy something online. Is he saying he wants to use them for 5 days and then return them? If he is really looking for a product to use every day or whenever he has time to play, I don't see why waiting for something to ship would be an issue. Just trying to give another option that a lot of people don't seem to know about. Plus the Steelseries headsets are quality products good to go out of the box for a reasonable price.

Offline Edwood

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:53 PM - 03/05/11 »
You can try the Steelseries models. They have one specifically for the Xbox 360 (Will also work on PC) that is just a different version of their 5Hv2 set. They are also soon coming out with a PS3 headset that will also work with the 360. Steelseries is a pretty trusted brand in the PC world so I'm sure their console stuff is top notch too.

Here's a link: http://steelseries.com/us/products/consoles

These headsets come with Steelseries' own mixer that plugs straight into the controller. It is said to level out in game sound and team voice communication so one doesn't drown out the other. Of course you can still change the levels manually but this feature sounds nice. I'm looking into getting a pair for myself when I can.

I hope you can override that auto volume feature.  There's a lot of times I just need to turn down chat volume because people are inanely chattering, and I can't hear what's going on around me, only to get knifed in the back.
XIM4 + Run and Gun = Fun.