Is it unfair?  (Read 23541 times)

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
Re: Is it unfair?
« Reply #165 on: 12:31 PM - 03/21/11 »
omg @#$% nobody cares
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline wyld3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wyld3 KNFr
  • PSN ID: Wyld3_KNFr
« Reply #166 on: 01:05 PM - 03/21/11 »
the better gamepad players do just fine against me in halo.  since after all, tactics and knowledge will beat a dumb player with an precision controlling device.

plus, you underestimate how good gamepad players can be.  especially in halo.

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 01:57 PM - 03/21/11 »
yea but how good are they at HALO?
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
« Reply #168 on: 06:18 AM - 04/10/11 »
First off, let me state that I bought the xim for 2 main reasons:

First, I began my gaming days as a PC gamer.  especially online gaming, as console online gaming could not be achieved until the release of the original PSN on playstation 2 and xbox connect for the original xbox.  I did not get into online console gaming until 2 years after Halo 2 was released.  Plain and simple:  I am a KB/M player both at heart and by preference.  In recent years, mainly due to Halo 2 and the fact that many of my personal friends are console gamers, I have been forced to play console games, and in fact, have grown quite used to the controlls even though I would much rather use a keyboard and mouse. 

Seccond, I knew immidately that as soon as I got used to using a KB/M setup in games I was accustomed to using a controller in, I would become a much better player.  This was true,  after about 2 weeks I noticed an increase in my preformance, especially in gametypes like SWAT and snipers.  I can use the pistol in reach as well as most players can use the DMR in mid range situations. 

The Xim will give only some players an advantage, i.e. those who are good with both a pad and KB/M, and know the mechanics of the games they are playing.  I have a friend on my friends list, also a personal friend (WhyIAmFamous) who will tear any XIM 3 user apart with a simple controller.  He is a stand in for professional teams in game battles.  a XIM would take him years to get better-than-controller with. 

I have now introduced my girlfriend to gaming using the XIM3.  Seriously.  KB/M is way more simple for someone who has never played games before to learn.  You try teaching a girl how to use a gamepad with 2 analogs.  It is not easy.  Same thing with your parents.  She now quite enjoys halo, gears, dead space, and COD, although mainly the story modes, when only a few months ago she hated games. 

The Xim3 can also be used with the G13.  It occured to me that since the G13 has a much-more-than-eight vector analog stick in addition to 25 keys, the g13 could be used to allow people like our soldiers with one arm missing to play games once again.  Thanks to the XIM3 they can now play many xbox games again (I guess only assuming that their right arm is missing, unless a right handed G13 exists) 

Offline Trebektron4000

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 12:52 PM - 04/10/11 »
Cool story bro.

Offline abbd663

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 01:02 PM - 04/10/11 »
if your already a good controller player. and get to grips with the XIM3, you will definetly be topping your team in clan wars againsnt other good sides. That being said, there are a lot of very good controler players out there, whos only disadv would be at very longe range

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #171 on: 01:04 PM - 04/10/11 »
Cool story bro.

Aren't you the guy* that usually babbles about NOT making worthless posts?

Now we can add "hypocrite" to your list of personal attributes.

/
edited*
« Last Edit: 01:12 PM - 04/10/11 by mist4fun »
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 01:13 PM - 04/10/11 »
I've noticed it too, feel free to report repeat offenders like this. The more warnings a user receives the less privileges they have on the forum.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Trebektron4000

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 01:24 PM - 04/10/11 »
Every other useless soul here makes it their job to troll but I try it once and get reported for spam.  Goodbye xim forums enjoy each other.

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 01:34 PM - 04/10/11 »
we all like each other and enjoy good natured teasing.. whereas you sir are a ** and we dont like you

thank you for finally leaving
« Last Edit: 01:40 PM - 04/10/11 by mist4fun »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 01:40 PM - 04/10/11 »
The reasoning for your warning was pretty much what moose wrote, "we all like each other and enjoy good natured teasing".. but you take it too far. You don't have to be offended by your warning just learn from it.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos