XIM Community

tv vs monitor  (Read 2261 times)

Offline egonpax

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: EG0N PAX (that's a zero)
Re: tv vs monitor
« Reply #15 on: 09:33 AM - 03/03/11 »
The first day I got the Xim I used a 42" LCD TV... I did horrible plus it didn't feel right.

Moved over to a 22" LCD Acer monitor and have been rocking that ever since. Everything looks a lot sharper and it feels better. It's awesome.

Massicor

« Reply #16 on: 09:45 AM - 03/03/11 »
Got another 19 or 20 inch monitor with sound laying around ..not gonna look as big and nice as my Benq monitor ..but if it allowes me to use my turtle beaches with it then ill prob use that instead of my tv.

Offline derek0129

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:47 AM - 03/03/11 »
27" Monitor with HDMI input which let's me play at my desk instead of trying to do a couch setup. I can't imagine getting the most out of my XIM3 any other way.
Admitted XIM Fanatic since 2011: XIM, XIM Edge, XIM 3, XIM 4, XIM Apex

Offline Recite

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Recite77
  • PSN ID: nathanbaugher
« Reply #18 on: 10:01 AM - 03/03/11 »
Its not a bigger is better situation for me, or anytype of retarded bragging rights for having a big tv, I simply like sitting back on my couch from a good distance and playing story based games with a theater setup. That plus movies and stuff. Multiplayer just gets sucked into the equation and I dont bother switching to a different setup for it.

This.

To me, nothing is better than sitting in my glider with my lap table setup playing Fallout or Blops with full surround sound.  I sit at a desk all day long.  I sure as heck don't want to when I get home.
... preach the Gospal at all times and, when nessesary, use words.

Offline onelivewire

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04:42 PM - 03/03/11 »
I switch between a 24" monitor w/the ax720s and a 65" with full surround. I'd say each has its pros and cons. If I have any buddies over, or I just want to relax, I'll be on the big set. However, if I'm playing for keeps, I'll definitely be at my desk. A good chair forces proper posture and thus should allow for better neuromuscular function - typically on a couch people have tendency to slouch. That is part of the reason you may feel more alert/concentrated at your desk. The neuromuscular system is sooooooo often overlooked...

Offline JerryHatrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04:54 PM - 03/03/11 »
The first day I got the Xim I used a 42" LCD TV... I did horrible plus it didn't feel right.

Moved over to a 22" LCD Acer monitor and have been rocking that ever since. Everything looks a lot sharper and it feels better. It's awesome.

Totally agree. I started with my big assed plasma and struggled. Switched to a cheapo 22" TV and it was a revelation. Complicated my setup but I now play at my kitchen breakfast bar on the kitchen tv. My son plays on the big plasma :)

Offline TheCityWok

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05:09 PM - 03/03/11 »
Use an old CRT. It's the best

Offline Muncheese

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05:11 PM - 03/03/11 »
Usin a 2ms LG Monitor. Fairly new but no XIM3 yet to give feedback about. I dont think I should have a problem though.

Admin