XIM Community

ATTN ObsIV: Possible new config setting?  (Read 3007 times)

Offline drmeltdown

• View Profile
ATTN ObsIV: Possible new config setting?
« on: 04:13 AM - 02/01/08 »
Ok,
It may just be that I need to play with the settings more, but I hit a problem I can't overcome.
When playing Orange Box: TF2, when the controller is at the far extreme position, it starts really accelerating the turn to very fast.  With every setting I've tried, I will eventually hit this extreme position as I move the mouse quickly to the side.  The turn becomes wild and stopping where I want is difficult.

My idea is to set an outer deadzone so that the XIM never sends signal to hit that extreme.  Is this possible or should I just keep trying to adjust my settings?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: ATTN ObsIV: Possible new config setting?
« Reply #1 on: 11:39 AM - 02/01/08 »
drmeltdown,

That's a good idea -- a maximum stick clamp. It's not something I can do for you right now, but, I'd be happy to add it once some time frees up.

Another other option is to ask XIMul8or to add it to his XAE front-end.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:45 PM - 02/01/08 »
Lol, that's pretty funny you mention that.

I was thinking about the acceleration as well and was interested in this same thing.

I wish I could get rid of acceleration all together and just have it be fast all the time, but precise. That would rock.

halo 3 I feel the acceleration more than cod4 which I barely notice it.
« Last Edit: 02:52 PM - 02/01/08 by nickstudy »
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:57 PM - 02/01/08 »
I actually like it when it does that now that I got used to it.  ::)
That way I can turn fast when I move like that yet still keep a lower sensitivity when just making miner side movements. . . I do have a work around that might help you so you don't run into this issue as much, but it's just from personal preference. I usually use a low-Mid Sensitivity since I like to have more precise aiming, and yes everyone is different of course, but that means I turn around really really slow. So like you were saying when i whip my mouse to turn fast I hit that acceleration that the controllers have, I can usually use it to a nice advantage once you get used to it but here is how I turn fast without moving the mouse too much.

The key is to use your movement keys to help your character turn around, I.e - the Strafing keys. Which for me its A (left)and D (right). Now the thing is you don't spin on a "Dime" but you spin around faster than just moving the mouse alone. So when you turn to the right use your Left strafing button to help move you around and vis versa for when you turn to the left. Now that I think about it, I use a little Forward and Backward movement too, but not a lot. It's kind of a feel thing when you do it lol. . . You may already know what Im talking about, but I just thought I would try to help sense you are hitting that acceleration spot often. When doing what i stated you don't have to whip the mouse and or move it as much. .. .
Let me know if works and or you already know that and or if you are confused lol  ::)

Offline aislephive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:21 AM - 02/04/08 »
I actually like it when it does that now that I got used to it.  ::)
That way I can turn fast when I move like that yet still keep a lower sensitivity when just making miner side movements. . . I do have a work around that might help you so you don't run into this issue as much, but it's just from personal preference. I usually use a low-Mid Sensitivity since I like to have more precise aiming, and yes everyone is different of course, but that means I turn around really really slow. So like you were saying when i whip my mouse to turn fast I hit that acceleration that the controllers have, I can usually use it to a nice advantage once you get used to it but here is how I turn fast without moving the mouse too much.

The key is to use your movement keys to help your character turn around, I.e - the Strafing keys. Which for me its A (left)and D (right). Now the thing is you don't spin on a "Dime" but you spin around faster than just moving the mouse alone. So when you turn to the right use your Left strafing button to help move you around and vis versa for when you turn to the left. Now that I think about it, I use a little Forward and Backward movement too, but not a lot. It's kind of a feel thing when you do it lol. . . You may already know what Im talking about, but I just thought I would try to help sense you are hitting that acceleration spot often. When doing what i stated you don't have to whip the mouse and or move it as much. .. .
Let me know if works and or you already know that and or if you are confused lol  ::)

Can't you have different sensitivies for aiming and moving from the hip?

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:18 AM - 02/04/08 »
Can't you have different sensitivies for aiming and moving from the hip?

Well, you can have the first sensitivity as your fire from the hip and have a second one for firing from the sights, and if you have a mouse like the mx518 or something like it you can make it even higher or lower on the fly if you wish.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:11 AM - 10/17/08 »
Months old so likely resolved.

I'm closing this post and if anyone still needs some help they can start a new more current post.

Closed...